Barlows' Bees (WIP)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This subforum is for small businesses that do not require extensive subforums for organization. These Small Business Sheets are simply posted records of what a business is for, its expenses, its debt and the profit it makes.

Barlows' Bees (WIP)

Postby Molly Barlow on January 24th, 2015, 6:07 am

Barlows' Bees

Business Type: Goods
Concept: Molly has spent her life watching her family try to start a business for their honey, struggling to sell bottles of honey to anyone who would have them. In the time of crisis within the city, Molly has hoped to strike out and create something to bring up others spirits and her own and prove the city is not failing. The idea itself is simple, to use honey for everything. She has plans to grow the business and use honey in things from cosmetics to food and beyond, it is a way to keep her family name alive, have something to pass on and to enjoy doing what she loves and truly gain from it, as well as to introduce people to the wonders of honey. To start, her business will be small and add as time progresses and she gains more skills in her craft.

Items Sold:
  1. Plain Honey | 1sm/pt
  2. Plain Honey Candy | 5cm/thumbsized drop
  3. Flavored Honeys
    1. Acacia flavored | 2sm/pt
    2. Clover flavored | 2sm/pt
    3. Blueberry flavored | 2sm/pt
    4. Linden flavored | 2sm/pt
    5. Sage flavored | 2sm/pt
    6. Wildflower flavored | 2sm/pt
  4. Candy Honey
    1. Nut filled | 10cm/thumsized drop
    2. Berry filled | 10cm/thumsized drop
    3. Ant filled | 10cm/thumsized drop

Base Income: Beekeeper 6 gm/day
Skill Bonus: Novice Negotiation 1 gm/day
Sale's Bonus 0 gm
Total Income: 7 gm/day
637 gm/season
2,548/year

Assets:
  1. Shop (Simple): Includes a small wooden sign on a pole out front, rough shelves and a counter inside with a small back room.
Debt:This would be where one puts what is owed after full purchase of assets. Most often, this is what is owed to those who have loaned the mizas for the business start-up. Who gave you the mizas?
Molly Barlow
Busy Bees

Words: 32235
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Barlows' Bees (WIP)

Postby Gossamer on January 24th, 2015, 3:20 pm

My quick question is simply this. Being an irl Beekeeper myself, I know that 2-3 colonies of bees, especially their first year, won't produce any excess honey. A second or third year colony will still yield very little... only enough perhaps to partially fill a five gallon bucket. Where are you going to get all the honey to run this business?
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Barlows' Bees (WIP)

Postby Molly Barlow on January 25th, 2015, 12:42 am

That is exactly what I'm trying to figure out myself :) She'd have a total of 3, one new one as a gift from her parents earlier in the year but I planned on having her buy the other two seasoned colonies from her parents IC but I paid for them on my ledger now but it still wouldn't be enough I'm. I'm debating holding the business idea until she has more colonies.

If you have any other input that is great! Because I am not a beekeeper, I'm learning and reading and watching many videos to get an idea of how this all works. I figured perhaps she could start out small or I could purchase the bees from her parents or maybe even just have it be a NPC owned business (I'd have to talk to the ST) and have her work there and eventually take over during RP. Since they (having been beekeepers for awhile) would logically have more colonies.
Molly Barlow
Busy Bees

Words: 32235
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2015, 12:11 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets