Natane Skytears Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Natane Skytears Journal

Postby Natane Skytears on October 15th, 2012, 6:03 am

Fall 5th 512 A.V

I sighed as I watched the golden sun rising over the beautiful and deadly grasslands that we called home. For sixteen years I had watched the sun in it's constant pattern, it's rise and it's fall. That seemed to be the only constant thing, and something to look forward to. Every time you saw the sun rising meant that you had survived another night, and every sunset meant that you had survived another day. There were many people that no longer saw the rising and falling of the sun, so I made sure that it was something I never took for granted.

But today, I could help but feel rather sorry for myself as I lay in the field, watched over by Niabi and harassed by Dyami. The colt continuously nudged my shoulder with his nose, when I shooed him away he snorted and raced around for a bit then would start nudging my shoulder again. Not even a warning bite from Niabi could control him.
I just wasn't in the mood to play.

Today was the day I had been dreading, for the last few seasons I had been praying that this day would never come. But it did. Today marked the death of my mother, and marked the day of my birth. Today meant that I was no longer a child, I now had responsibilities that were suited to adults. And I had to fulfil them no matter what.

But that's not what bothered me.

The arranged marriage bothered me.
"White writing" = Pavi
"Blue writing" = Common
Natane Skytears
Player

Words: 30060
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Journal

Natane Skytears Journal

Postby Natane Skytears on August 7th, 2013, 11:03 am

Fall 7th 512 A.V

Today seemed to have been considerably more eventful then most. Early this morning I found out who I was to be wed to, a stranger from another clan, I was not even told his name, or perhaps I was and had just wiped it from my mind? That was entirely possible.

How could my father expect me to marry a stranger? A man who I had never met? Knew nothing about? And then move to their pavilion? Abandon my family? It was a horrible thought.

Unable to face my family after my utter refusal, I left with Niabi. I realise now how ridiculous that was and childish I was acting, leaving the safety of the clan and disappearing off into the grasslands without any purpose or aim? I am surprised that I managed to return home in one piece.

While I was out, I bumped into a strange man and his wild strider. He was so frightening, more so than any other person I had met. His body was scarred and hair tangled, he must have been away from his home for a very long time. The man said very little and had a feral look in his eye.

Although, I had to admit that I was mildly intrigued by this stranger. He was all alone, living out in the grasslands without a family or clan, and he had somehow managed to survive. How was this possible?

I returned home, late, around dusk. My family was furious. I sat on my bed and braided my hair, whilst listening to their rantings and ravings though not taking in a single word. I was still mad at them for forcing me into this.

After what felt like a life time, they gave up realising that I was not paying the least bit of attention to them. Once they left, I curled up and pulled the blanket over my head, thinking through my options. Which were few and far between.

Now what was I supposed to do?
"White writing" = Pavi
"Blue writing" = Common
Natane Skytears
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Natane Skytears Journal

Postby Natane Skytears on September 5th, 2013, 6:44 am

Fall 8th 512 A.V

Leaving was hard. But choice did I have? I will return, eventually, when I am convinced of my own strength and self worth. Only once I can take care of myself will I go home.

It was only after I packed up my few belongings and saddled up Niabi and disappeared into the dry grass lands that covered the Cyphrus region that I realised I had no where to go and nothing to do.

I knew I could not stay out in the open, or risk being attack by one or more of the many monsters that inhabited the area. So, the only place I thought appropriate was the large moving city. Endrykas. But, there were so many strangers. I could not even look at people I did not know and could only just manage to speak to those I was related to.

Perhaps that should be the first thing on my list? Overcome my ridiculous shiness? Probably a good start...
"White writing" = Pavi
"Blue writing" = Common
Natane Skytears
Player

Character sheet
Journal

Natane Skytears Journal

Postby Natane Skytears on February 17th, 2015, 5:57 am

Summer 50th 514AV

The heat of summer had taken it's toll on the travelling city of tents. Food was growing scarce, the hunters now being forced to compete with the deadly predators of the grass lands. The wells and rivers had all but dried up, meaning one had to be careful not to waste a drop of the precious liquid.

I had plenty of time to think today, laying in the dry grass beneath the warm shade of my tent, watching Niabi doze peacefully nearby.

What was I doing here? I had wanted to learn. I had wanted to prove myself and my father that I could in fact take care of myself.

But really I had achieved nothing in the years I had been on my own. Perhaps I had acted rashly, leaving my father's pavilion? I was older and could see now that my decision had been that of a child.

Maybe it was time for me to return home?
"White writing" = Pavi
"Blue writing" = Common
Natane Skytears
Player

Character sheet
Journal