Not Alone in This Place? (Nimvahlis)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Atrina on October 9th, 2010, 7:33 am

Atrina was flustered, truly. A first kiss didn't really mean much to her, she'd been kissed countless times in past lives, surely. But that's not why she felt so weird. He was... magical, at least to her. She wouldn't have known how true that were, how he was able to contort her emotions like that. She felt safe for now.

This, of course, only lasted until she saw her diary on the ground, open. It seemed to weep for her, even as she lunged for it.

"I'm so sorry Diary! I didn't mean to leave you there.. He just, surprised me is all. It felt so wonderful! It's like he was in my mind, throwing aside the fear," She said, writing on the pages as she spoke. It was then that the sad realization hit her; he had left. What was his name? She could hardly remember. Nim.. Nimvahlis he said? Oh why had she let him go, he made everything so perfect. She looked around, making sure nobody was staring at her, pointing. The paranoia came back, and everything was dim again. Her bravery was a bliss that she couldn't support. There was too much she was unsure about, too much that was still a danger.

Her mind was new to this world. A baby, of sorts, born to unsavory winds in cold weather. The air around her was heavy and damp. And she, rightfully so, would know this fear for some time. Syna had ignored her genuflections and left her here. There was nothing for her anywhere, save for this newcomer who made her feel warm again, better even than heaven had.

As she started up the road towards her tiny little cottage on the outskirts of Zeltiva proper, Atrina planned. She would leave this dreadful place and go on to Sahova for Nimvahlis. Even thinking his name brought shivers up her spine, the remembrance of her only happy experience which brought a beautiful smile to her face, if even only for a moment. She thought it again and again. Her hood was still down, and her horns reflected beautiful golden light off of them, seemingly stronger each time she silently prayed his name again.

END
My diary is my best friend! What, you mean yours doesn't talk back to you? Oh..
Atrina
Player

Words: 9761
Joined roleplay: September 6th, 2010, 4:28 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Ataraxia on October 24th, 2010, 11:56 pm

Atrina
XP
Rhetoric + 4
Lore
Finding false peace in another's words | Unknowingly Hyponotized | The beginnings of confidence | Feeling love for the first time in this life | Finding comfort in the memory of Nimvahlis

Nimvahlis
XP
Observation + 2, Auristics + 3, Hypnotism + 4, Seduction + 2, Rhetoric + 3
Lore
The despair of another Ethaefal's aura | Mixing lies and djed | Stringing someone along | Giving someone a taste of euphoria

Comments
Damn, Nimvahlis is creepy. I almost wanted to call 911 to get Atrina out of there. I actually really enjoyed seeing Auristics and Hypnotism described the way they were, it definitely gave me more of a base for how those schools of magics work. Unfortunately, Atrina didn't really do anything other than talk, so her XP rewards are pretty skimpy... if either of you have any questions at all, message me. Don't be shy now.
Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)

Previous