Hunting Day A time of Variety

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Stag Fern on October 26th, 2010, 8:31 am

53 fall 510, A.V

Stag woke up bright and early. The day before he had riding sores and didn't leave his inn till late noon. Today however he decided that he would go hunting after all his mom always said to him. "Remeber always eat a variety of foods it what makes you big and strong like you brother Hector" anyway as he passed through the gates this time he went towards Bronze Wood. Bronze wood Stag knows it's full of game and also that it is easy for him to get lost. As silently as he can, he moved through the woods till he found a small little clearing. In this little clearing the air was heavy with raw smells, mostly meat. Stag then saw a footprint on the ground. Hmm animal footprint to be sure then Stag knelt till his nose was hovering over the footprint then he inhaled...nothing so he licked it to determine it's age. "Advafhso foohiie who cares how old it is it taste terrible what was I thinking that would never work" as he said this he heard a rustle in the surrounding bush. Stag went on high alert his muscles tensed his senses heightened then it came, a fearsome mongrel dog obviously either abandoned or it was always really this skinny from the beginning.

Stag and the dog squared off, it was the dog who struck first landing a solid bite at Stag's arm. Stag anticipated this so while the dog was still on his arm he reached for his axe. A flash then it was over, Stag examined the dog. Ha ha this dog fought well Stag then began digging a shallow grave for the mongrel dog. For it is his little practice that if it was a good fight they are worthy of respect. After the little burial he went off to resume his hunt. Day was fast turning to night and still no sign of game just when he was about to call it a day he spotted a small herd about 8-10 individuals of none-other than deer. He slowly approached his targets. In this herd of animals there are real stag's each more magestic than the last but Stag didn't care he still stalked his target till he felt that he was in striking distance just about 100 or so meters. When he was in this distance he lifted his legs up his arms down and then sprinted. The beasts all went into a wild panic, all scattering into the nearby trees and bush but the panic escalared when Stag tried taking on a female doe. A nearby stag with the most marvelous antlers stopped his wild panic and turned that into pure rage. At times Stag nearly got run-over by that stag while he tried to claim his prize of the doe at other times it's the doe doing the fighting but either way it's bad for Stag and it was getting more out of hand by the bells.

At one time Stag got sent to the ground, bloodied, just missing an enraged stag and for a moment considered giving up..yet he stood up and contiued his assault. Time and time again he would be sent back to the ground avoiding death with each roll, he was gambling his life on the turns, Stag was not good at gambling and he was bound to slip up, but lucky for him his prey slipped up first. The sight of blood from their own kind sent the others packing and now it was just a tired, beat-up human versus a bloody deer, no contest Stag with all his remaining energy moved towards the deer and aimed a brutal strike at the neck. Now the hunt was over but he still had to drag the body back but first he had to eat. Stag looked for some firewood and started a fire, Stag opened up the dead deer inside was fresh meat he then grabbed chunks of them. Some of the chunks of meat he ate raw some of them he ate burned, food is food after all.
Last edited by Stag Fern on October 26th, 2010, 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Stag Fern on October 26th, 2010, 10:22 am

"Move over boy That's now my deer" said a man. Stag turned his head around and his eyes met the man's. "No go find your own deer this ones mine" replied Stag, he wasnt in the mood to be picking a fight well.....atleast not yet. "Hmmph boy do you know who I am" said the man, Stag examined the man he had colourful clothes and he had a pudgy face. Well he can't be a hunter just look at his clothes and he's already panting but he does seem familiar while Stag was thinking the man abubtly stoped him. ""Well boy will you give me that deer or not and while your at it that knife looks mighty nice" "Ah now I remember your a merchant one of many who will piss me off" replied Stag. "What a fight Good Gods no" said the merchant but by then Stag was already on his feet. "Wait you serious no aren't you HA jst look at you your all battered and bruised and bloodied at some parts there's no way you can win" mocking Stag, Stag rushed in.

Stag rushed in moving ever faster with each stride the merchant on the other hand was cowering with fear, a crash and both were sent flying down to the ground. The first one to recover was the merchant then he quickly made his way to Stag then delivered a kick to his side "You wanna fight HAHA fool for even trying" said the merchant then came another blow to Stag's side then another. It started to drizzle and for that moment stag quickly stood up and pushed the merchant down he Stag a little groggy gave a flurry of mounted punches to the face of the merchant. "I YIELD YIELD" said the merchant stopping Stag from delivering another blow yeteven though he said yield doesn't always mean they yield. The merchant got Stag's own knife and stabbed him in the thigh.

"ARGHHH you yielded" "I know what I said and you fell for it Ha". THe merchant pushed him aside "You can keep your knife it was soiled by your blood an-". the merchant fell down asleep...Stag punched him at the back of the merchants head, he then went to eat the remaining meat. "Don't screw with me" Stag later limped all the way back to the city by following the Watch tower's light, Stag later reached the inn but by then 22 bells have passed and 45 chimes.
Stag Fern
Wildling

Words: 39022
Joined roleplay: September 23rd, 2010, 9:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Postby Ataraxia on October 27th, 2010, 4:38 am

Stag
XP
Stealth + 1, Tracking + 1, Axe + 1, Hunting +1, Unarmed combat + 1
Lore
Eatin' dirt | Honoring a fallen foe | Never back down | Consuming raw meat | Falling for the oldest trick in the book

Ataraxia
It's like nirvana, but not really.

Words: 49327
Joined roleplay: October 24th, 2010, 6:25 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Trash Medal (1)