[Viz' Plotnotes] Squizzard of Ramblemancy

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Vizayas on March 9th, 2015, 6:36 pm

The Author's Mizahar History:
Secret :
For a long time I was pretty new to this site, and freeform roleplaying in general. I came from sites where you always had a dungeon master of sorts in some way in every thread you did. I had done freeform before, but not in the scope that Mizahar has made me learn. My writing has really improved, and I've learned a lot about creating nightmares, I mean characters.

My first notable character was Slenta back in November 2013. She was a Konti rogue who could tell if you were sleeping. It was a pretty cool Konti gift, and I was elated when it got approved. I was younger to Miz then. My writing wasn't as good, nor as long. I was having trouble RPing a woman at the time. I had RP'd female characters before, but they were Pokemon. Something entirely different. I lost interest in her.

It doesn't help that I have little to no formal education when it comes to grammar. I'm never quite sure if I'm using hyphens or semicolons properly, but nobody really tells me that I don't. I procrastinate since I'm a huge introvert when it comes to writing, and for some reason writing just makes me think. I usually maintain a balance in real life, but in Miz if I try to just have fun and go with the flow, I will just end up making a mistake.

I started to get a reputation as a bit of a bouncer when it came to characters. I remember I got in trouble since I lost track of some of my accounts and misunderstood retiring. Sometimes you think you are helping someone by getting something cleaned up, but then you don't realize that the mess you made is entirely your own fault, and your own responsibility. And you get called out on your mistake.

I take mistakes to heart perhaps a bit too personally. Sometimes I don't entirely drop a subject and continue asking questions about it which some people interpret as fighting, which was a problem I encountered both when I was young frequently. It still happens sometimes today, but I usually just drop it and get to reading instead of having someone formulate a time-intensive response that can easily frustrate the person dealing with me.

That was one of the reasons I bounced around a lot. I didn't always feel like writing the dark characters that I thought interesting, nor did I always want to write a kind and peaceful or even orderly character. I think I've finally found my zen in the middle with very neutral and abstract goals that still exist and influence the character, but I don't have to write about in every single thread.

I've definitely felt a little bit strangled by other plots. I get intimidated when I'm using someone else's creations, since many people genuinely do care about them. It's like carrying around a clay statue your friend spent weeks making, worried about dropping it. You aren't going to juggle it or put it in strange spots for photos because it might break and upset the owner.

I grossly misunderstood Syliras and the Knights back when I made Zera, my second fleshed out character, a half-Dhani squire. I was looking for my own niche, and I was taking advantage of the possibility of some very huge variety in a really rugged world, but I found out knights were basically daisies with thorns. I didn't want to RP with daisies, so I lost motivation for Zera. This kind of started my whole path down magic when I grew more interested in what Rayage was doing.

I didn't want to do exactly as Rayage did, but I wanted to set myself up so that I could have the freedom to someday do something amazing. I'm a very creative and inventive person, but I always take the shortest path since my creativity always shows me the way. I annoyed a few people with my theorizing, but some enjoyed it.

My path of magic has lead to me having a great understanding of every magic and world magic barring Glyphing, which I just can't get into for some reason. My favorite world magic is probably Alchemy, which has a lot of potential for some truly bizarre things without breaking the bank like Magecrafting does. Not only that, there's hidden magic all over. One such gem is philtering.

I've always liked combining magic in theory, but in practice I'm not ready to write a character doing all the research in some two-shaded laboratory while he wrestles with his sanity. No, I want the character to completely lose it if he studies magic. I just don't see how I can have a calm, sensible person that researches new ways to combine things that he has learned over the past several months. But I don't necessarily like to RP someone that unpredictable, since it's stranger to make him do something sensible.

Something just doesn't sit right with me about being bat Zith crazy. I could do so much. I could come up with Reimancy imbued metals by using Philtering, Alchemy, and Reimancy. I was thinking to make a supernuit, but someone already had the idea. But maybe mine could be different? I've thought of so many ways to achieve a magnus opum to the point where I was beating a dead horse and it was just expected of me that I would always have some strange new idea that would never come to fruition.

I did make a Zith, his name was Hatchet and then later Victor Cruel or just Cruel. I loved that Zith, but I didn't think I could RP him well so I dropped the project. He carved bones and worshiped Izurdin, a real over-achiever in the Zith world.

I couldn't find a city where I could truly breathe though. After Zera and Hatchet, I had been around the block on Miz a couple times and was starting to really look at the gutters and take soil samples, but nothing seemed right for me. All the cities were either too quirky or not quirky enough. I was also worried about joining a town without active ST's and graders, so I didn't look at such places.

I was also worried about not being able to flow fast enough, since I was a bit OCD about my profile and having everything there so I'm not making mistakes. That's why I looked at so many places with an aversion to Sunberth and Syliras, since I didn't want to be stuck waiting for lores and skill points for many months. I wasn't used to a slow pace.

Eventually I started to give in and decided to just pick a path and go with it, in Sunberth. There were already gangs which were a part of everyday life, but they weren't fully fleshed out. As these gangs evolved, their lore pages didn't evolve with them. I wanted to be a part of it, but it didn't look like the gangs were going to be really well done any time soon.

Then Wrenmae came along and made the Scars, and I took an interest in Fallon's involvement with them. I thought it was very interesting how much of a buzz it was making. I felt like they were genuinely having fun, and I could sense that in their writing.

I got a lot of motivation then from Fallon, but not understanding Miz properly I made another blunder and got invested in something that I should have went into the proper channels for (The Ruv'na). When I get going, it's a race to the finish line or until I burn out. I crash otherwise. I was starting to get better at and more confident with my writing (to this day I worry too much about my writing, understanding of the lore, and keeping IC properly, sifting through my personality to write normal) but I still cling to my past mistakes since the good habits aren't second nature to me.

Eventually, I began to tire of making new characters. Kieran had grown, and I had a fun plot for him lined up since he was a Drykas. I then realized that Gossamer was a bit on edge with having Webbing so far from Cyphrus, to the point where my fast pace must have bothered her enough to forbade me from using it outside the sea of grass without her permission since she was worried I wouldn't keep it secret IC, creating problems for her. It didn't help that I was looking at bringing it to Sahova for awhile. She said she would have Semele 'sink sahova and those upon it should they learn of Webbing.'

Don't get between Goss and her webs! It's dangerous! Semele too, apparently. Excuse me while I go leech some webs to make Yukmen and Drykas crave my head on a pike. Jokes aside, I still feel as if Webbing should be a lost discipline due to it's sensitivity. Like Static, you have to be of a certain culture to have the lore of it. I'm not even sure how I feel about Drykas being able to start with it without RPing to get it, with how clear the gravity of the magic was made to me.

Before every single post on Miz, I procrastinate for a long time. Then I start to write, and it's a coin flip 50/50 if I write something amazing or, to me, pure garbage. I've tossed so many gnosis stories out the window that I'm tempted to salvage them into solos and just retcon the religious and fantastical parts, or use them as a basis for future plots.

I wrote nearly a full 2,800 word Akajia story for Vizayas that I crumpled up and threw over my shoulder for ludicrous reasons. It was, to me, some of my best work. I think I was just worried what people would think of my best work, and I wasn't I was ready to climb over that bump in the road if it wasn't any good. I've got stories half-finished or finished for Zulrav, Ivak, Izurdin, Priskil, Vayt, Krysus, Rhysol, Yahal, Ionu, and Uldr. Collectively, it's about 38k words. At 3 XP per 2k, I could be master in a skill already, and that's not even including all the concepts and backstory I wrote for my dozens of characters. I'm almost finished with my Rhaus story by the way.

But I enjoyed writing these stories, even if they are just for my eyes only. I can open them up and read them for ideas, since each is pretty much a different character aside from Kieran/Vizayas who are just iterations of the same character progressively refined into what I want to experiment writing with.

It's been a long rant. Perhaps more will be on the horizon, perhaps not. Vizayas is almost finished, and I've got a good plot that involves having fun, so I'm probably going to finally settle down with him since I've been on Miz for a year and a half without having more than 50 posts on a character. That is, if I have the time to write in the coming months. I hope you enjoyed the read.

Goals:
Secret :
As a Squire, I want Vizayas to grow into and learn about the order while developing the skills needed to one day become a knight. I'm also thinking about the future, so I'm looking to put Vizayas in roles where he is the leader, and learn as a writer how to have multiple NPC's interact with my PC in a fun dialogue. I think I really want to gun for a high rank in the order.

Here are the skills I am primarily focusing on for Vizayas, and where I hope to one day see their experience levels, in order:

Morphing (Master)
Shielding (Master)
Auristics (Master, Initiation is planned soon)
Leadership (Master)
Tactics (Master)
Teaching (Master)
Unarmed Combat (30)
Riding (30)

That's over 500 XP! It might take me a hundred threads or more to reach that point, but it's worth a try. I also need to get the lores for a few Morphing forms.

Feel free to ask any questions you might have or comment. I don't mind if this place gets cluttered, it's a fount of ideas for you and I.
Last edited by Vizayas on June 8th, 2015, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Words: 113870
Joined roleplay: January 23rd, 2014, 9:42 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vizayas on June 2nd, 2015, 9:06 pm

Of Gods and Gallantry:
Vizayas has his Audius Gnosis now! It's gotten me to think about where I want to take him in terms of Gnosis. I really want him to get a second mark from Rhaus first and foremost, but I would also like Vizayas to have two marks from both Yahal and Priskil. I'm expecting Vizayas to earn a mark from Sylir at some point as part of becoming a Knight.

I've also had the idea to have Vizayas lead by singing to motivate those he patrols with through resonance and better align him to Rhaus. I'll be trying to get his singing to Expert at least.

Aside from that, Vizayas is on a boat this season! He's headed for Akvatar, and he's making a stop at Riverfall along the way. There's a lot of potential for fun along the Suvan Sea, if I can make use of it. What I'm most looking forward to is Darva, an isle I, Aventis, and anyone else who makes it that far will be participating in. Nightmare has given us the go ahead to earn Shield Points abroad, so that's pretty cool considering the rewards from those little points are quite lovely.
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Vizayas on June 8th, 2015, 4:07 am

To-Do List Summer 515
Updated June 7th

Alvadas:
The Crew: New Blood (Flashback)
The Crew: Whoa There (Flashback)

Syliras:
2-5 Threads: Unarmed Training (Flashback)
2-5 Threads: Riding Training (Flashback)
Reimancy Initiation: (Flashback)

Abord the Phaeaco:
Auristics Initiation (Solo)
Teaching Orin (Post)
Teaching Aventis (Post)

Riverfall:
3 Threads: Glassbeak Model (Solo)

Akvatar:
Akvatar Plot Post

Guest Storytelling:
Thread with Richard Blow and Thaloyss (Orchestrate, Post)

Total:

Planned Solo Thread Total: 10-16
Collaborative Threads: 4
Procrastination Hours: Priceless
ImageImageImage
Vizayas
Squire Mage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets