Xii's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Xii's Plotnotes

Postby Xii on March 15th, 2015, 12:53 am

Short term goals:
  • learn to swim
  • talk to the Black Sun/Ebonstryfe and see about joining; inquire about Rhysol
  • practice morphing (focusing currently on wings, gills, and scar-marks) EDIT: actually, more than scar-marks, how about changing into another person? Or both.
    • secondary goal: dissect birds/fish to learn their anatomy and make sketches for study; study slave brands
  • successfully pretend to be a slave (EDIT: or a human) in the city (for protection from actual slavers)
  • attain Ssena's mark (Krivas) by spreading fear in Ravok ((postponed))
    • possibility 1: bring back/provoke the lake monster
    • possibility 2: poison the food supply
    • possibility 3: catch and release a wolf (or similar creature/monster) in the city; perhaps could use summoning (if she could learn it somewhere)? or let some of the (experimented-upon?) kelvics out of the institute?
    • possibility 4: arson and general destruction, then blaming it on Ravok's enemies
  • establish her job and do the 2 job threads (need approval of that location I created for the Last Row, first?)

Long term goals:
  • master morphing
  • earn Chaon mark and work for Rhysol (attack the Windoak/Sylir!)
  • earn Audius mark
  • earn Illusionism mark
Last edited by Xii on April 21st, 2015, 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Xii is "speaking Pavi" and also signing Pavi Note
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Words: 143088
Joined roleplay: February 13th, 2015, 7:47 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Xii's Plotnotes

Postby Xii on April 1st, 2015, 11:44 pm

Hypnotism "stones" of emotion:
  • acceptance (strange grey and oddly fuzzed as if with moss) ~reminiscent of Zith, the only race she fully accepts without preamble
  • annoyance (pale green, glistening as if wet and pocked with marks, spiky) ~like the spiky shell of animal that is armored, difficult to hunt, difficult to grab
  • apathy (blank, blackish, dully reflective, relatively large) ~she is apathetic towards many things; apathy is usually the default emotion when she doesn't actively dislike something
  • ease (long and flat, brownish-tan and easily chipped {though the chipped pieces will grow back}) ~Xii is hardly ever at ease, and her sense of ease is easily broken, chipped away
  • exhaustion (tan and smooth, dusty, like fossilized rock) ~tired like death, like falling down in the dirt and dying
  • openness (tiny as to be the size of a marble and crumbly like it might fall apart) ~she is not very open towards others, evident in how she hides her true feelings
  • safety (very hard, all black, oval, and shining with polish like a gem) ~she doesn't feel safe very often, but where she does feel safe {with the Zith, mostly} is indestructible in her mind, very certain
  • satisfaction (brilliant red and never the same shape or size, shiny {perhaps even brighter than safety}) ~a reflection mostly of her own self-satisfaction, which abounds, linked inexorably to her very being
Last edited by Xii on June 18th, 2015, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"
Signed Pavi can also be represented by a person's total body language; it doesn't have to be an actual hand sign.

Xii is demonstrating her internal emotions. Anything in plain, uncolored italics should be considered completely internal; for example, if it says that Xii is sneering she is only doing so in her mind, and the sneer would likely not show as a physical expression unless otherwise stated. This is a way for me, as her writer, to differentiate between her true feelings and what she outwardly shows the world. Note
If the italics thing feels too confusing to me after I've tried using it in some posts, I'll remove it.
Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Xii's Plotnotes

Postby Xii on April 21st, 2015, 4:40 pm

Morphing (general body information)
Each line ("includes") describes a different cell, layout (tissue organization), or type

Types of tissue in the body:
  1. Epithelial; covers body surfaces and lines body cavities
    includes outer layers of skin, lining of the mouth, lining of blood vessels, lining of heart, and lining of lungs (squamous)
    includes glands, lining of kidney tubules, and 'germinal epithelium' (which produces egg cells in the ovaries and sperm cells in the testes) (simple cuboidal)
    includes the lining of the stomach and intestines (also in the duodenum, secreting a mucus/slime), and some are specialized for sensory input as in the nose, ears, and taste buds (simple columnar)
    includes inside the air passages like the nose, and the uterus and Fallopian tubes (ciliated columnar)
    includes the specialization of gland cells capable of creating and secreting certain substances like enzymes, hormones, milk, mucus, sweat, wax, and saliva (glandular)
    includes layers of cells to fortify body linings that have to withstand wear and tear (like the skin and mouth lining) (stratified)
  2. Connective; binds and supports body parts
    bones and structure
    loosely-packed living cells between non-living substance call the matrix (such as blood, connective tissues, or bone) as well as connecting and supporting fibers (collagen and elastic fibers)... blood does not contain fiber elements
    includes cartilage;
    • in the trachea, larynx, tip of the nose, connecting the ribs and breastbone, at the end of bones where joints are formed (hyaline)
    • between the discs of vertebrae between the pubic bones in front of the pelvic girdle, and around the edges of the articular cavities (knee, shoulder, etc?) (white fibro)
    • in the lobe of the ear, epiglottis, and in parts of the larynx (elastic)
    includes bone;
    includes blood;
    • plasma ('organic constituents' {nutrients like glucose, fats, amino acids, vitamins}, inorganic salts and ions, secretions {enzymes, hormones}, dissolved gases {oxygen, carbon oxide~ respiratory gases}, antibodies, and plasma proteins)
    • red blood cells (created in red marrow of bones) (erythrocytes)
    • white blood cells (two main types {one produced in red bone marrow; one produced in spleen, tonsils, and lymph nodes}) (leucocytes)
    • platelets (deal with blood clotting)
    includes adipose tissue; fat
  3. Muscle; enables movement of structures within the body and movement of the entire animal (or person)
    includes smooth muscle (involuntary tissue) in the walls of hollow organs like the digestive tract, bladder, uterus, various ducts of glands, and the walls of blood vessels
    includes skeletal muscle attached to the bones (voluntary)
    includes cardiac (heart) muscle found only in the walls of the heart (involuntary)
  4. Nervous; enables responses to stimuli and coordinates bodily functions (in the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves that branch throughout the body)
    includes sensory neurons that conduct impulses from the sensory organs to the CNS (brain and spinal cord) (psuedo-unipolar)
    includes motor neurons that conduct impulses from the CNS to the effector organs (muscles and glands) (multipolar)
    includes interneurons that connect sensory neurons to motor neurons (bipolar)

Dog Model
veterinary anatomy charts (dog included)

paw and hand
human/dog comparison :

dog front and back, paw pads :

full leg
human :

dog :

full body
[...
human/dog comparison :

dog :
Last edited by Xii on April 21st, 2015, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"

Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Xii's Plotnotes

Postby Xii on April 21st, 2015, 5:07 pm

Music (general information)

Linking Music to Morphing (to be added)
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"

Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes

Xii's Plotnotes

Postby Xii on June 18th, 2015, 3:32 pm

Grand Oaths:

I, the undersigned, hereby swear upon the divine halls of Ukalas and all those who dwell within that I shall do as follows:

- To not bring harm (defined later) to Clyde Sullins, either directly, indirectly, or through inaction, whether through means magical or mundane, unless said harm is to stop Clyde Sullins' assured and immediate death.

> In the case of Clyde Sullins' overgiving and total loss of control and/or the inability to stop using magic when he should, the signee would be allowed to physically harm Clyde Sullins to hinder or stop him from using magic, so long as said action would not lead to the assured and immediate death of Clyde Sullins. Maiming would only be allowed as a last resort and if no other viable and less harmful method is possible.

- To not use magic on Clyde Sullins without his direct and express permission, or in the case that not using said magic would lead to Clyde Sullins' assured and immediate death. In the case of having his permission or attempting to stop his demise, the signee would not use said magic in an attempt to control or manipulate Clyde Sullins, or to alter his reasoning or mentality.

- To not use magic beyond the signee's limits at that time, and to cease expending djed in using magic as soon as the signee enters overgiving, even minor overgiving. Upon entering overgiving the signee will not use magic again until they are fully recuperated from said djed expenditure.

> Clause to the line directly above concerning magic usage and stopping usage upon overgiving- In the case where not using magic would lead to the immediate and assured death of the signee and/or Clyde Sullins, and said magic by the signee is the only way to stop said death, the above said limitation is waved, and the signee would be allowed to continue using magic until there is no longer an immediate and assured threat of death to the signee and/or Clyde Sullins, so long as said magic usage does not directly go against the previous line about not harming Clyde Sullins. At such a time when the threat has been abated and is no longer an assured and immediate threat, the current clause will no longer apply.

Duty:

The signee will aid Clyde Sullins in his endeavors (to be defined later) in any way possible, within their ability, so long as said assistance will not directly lead to the assured death and/or permanent maiming of the signee or Clyde Sullins.

Definitions:

Endeavors- A goal, mission, plan, experiment, or action, that's end desired result is a gain for the maker or leader of said endeavor. Said gain can be related to research or career (career to include the below-mentioned 'socially' and 'politically').

Harm- Any permanent damage, diminishment, or undermining to a person, in terms of- the person (list to be expanded upon individually) physically, mentally, socially, politically, and/or monetarily.

> physically- Their body and person- bodily harm and/or maiming/death
> mentally- Their psyche or mentality, or mental well-being
> socially- Their social standing or growth
> politically- Their political standing or progression
> monetarily- Their possessions or property- to include damage, destruction, or theft.

Final Clause:

- The signee will be released from the aforementioned Duty upon an agreement in writing and verbally agreed between both Clyde Sullins and the signee, without duress and of each one's own free will, that said Duty has ended.

- Clyde Sullins will facilitate five questions per year being answered, explained, taught about, or expanded upon, related to magic or a subsidiary topic. If this is not done, then the above-mentioned release of Duty will occur. This includes for a given year questions or things taught prior to the signing of the oath. Also, if in a year just prior to the current one more questions were answered than the minimum required, up to two of the extra for a given year can count for the year following.

signed Z

Due to the signing of the Oath, Xii has use of Clyde Sullins' extra staff (currently unnamed, untamed, and unknown).
Reference pic :

Specs (provided by Clyde Sullins and Ink, edited for content) :
"According to Ink, unlocking the staff and its stages will require the following threads:

Taming the Staff - 1 Thread
Sensing the staff- 2 Threads
Communing With the Staff- 3 Threads
Storing Spells- Pre-requisite 'Communing with the Staff', 2 additional threads.

These will however be spread out over time. By my rough estimate it should take at least 7 months from when you start actively using it, to unlock all of those, with the threads spread out over that time. Bear in mind the thread would be heavily involved in using the staff, not just something where you happen to use it for a bit at some point. Particularly after the first taming step.

It might take longer if you aren't using it all the time, or actively using it.

Each of the above steps would be done one after another. So first you'd learn to use the staff, the initial taming step. Once you've done that you need to learn to use each of your magics one by one through the staff.

Learning to use a specific magic through a specific staff is a separate thing and lore to itself. Refer to the lore page for Magic Staffs for more info on each step and how such works.

After taming it at some point you'd gain the sensing the staff ability, then communion, and finally the storing spells ability."

~

"Its effect is to work more effectively against Nuit. This means:
  • Magic spells have added intensity when used aggressively with the intent harm against Nuit.
    Ex. A fireball will not be larger or stronger in any way but will do further harm to the Nuit if hit (more intense burns).
  • Striking a Nuit directly with the staff will also have stronger brunt impacts and potentially do more damage.
It does NOT
  • Stop a Nuit from picking up or using the staff.
Special Properties: After being left in direct sunlight for greater than 2 hours it begins to reek of rotted flesh. This effect dissipates after it has been covered for 10 minutes."
Xii is using hypnotism
Xii is "speaking Common"

Xii
Drykas-Zith

Character sheet
Plotnotes