Recognising Auristics

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Recognising Auristics

Postby Alija on March 29th, 2015, 11:32 am

I was wondering if an Aurist would be able to recognise if someone was using auristics. It says in the Lore page:
Aurists are also the best at detecting other forms of magic through the auras left by Djed usage.

So I'm assuming that they could be able to recognise that magic was used. How precise is this exactly, and what does the aura exactly of? The person? What sort of level would you have to be to do this? I'm having a little trouble figuring it out. Also, would just seeing the person using it work? Would an aurist be able to recognise the "actions" of using this magic? Hopefully what I'm trying to ask is clear! =)

And just as a side note, does anyone know of any good threads where Auristics has been used ( By good I mean good descriptions and good reasons for using it)? I'd like to read other people's examples so I can really understand how it works.

Thanks!
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Recognising Auristics

Postby Gossamer on March 29th, 2015, 2:57 pm

A good rule of thumb always boils down to skill points. If you have more skill points in a skill than someone else, you can probably detect they are using that skill in detection situations.

So... for example.. you have a 20 in Auristics and another Aurist has 13 and uses auristics, then you can detect their usage. If they have 80 in Auristics based on your example of 20 in Auristics, you probably won't know they've used it.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)