Open Under Where?

Calendar Event on the 60th

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Under Where?

Postby Telor Riptide on March 26th, 2015, 10:03 pm

60th of Spring, 515 AV

OOCAs promised, here is the calendar event with more of the Poltergeist's exploits. Anyone is welcome, I only ask that you maintain posting order. Have fun, all! *makes it rain bloomers*

The day was beautiful; Syna's light was pouring upon the ground, giving it a light, mid-morning glow that promised a relieving Spring day after such a long, harsh Winter. The wind that was present was chilly, but nothing compared to the past days when Syna had not even shown her face.

Telor was walking through the Old Quarter on this particular day with his head down and his feet shuffling. He looked, not for anything in particular, but rather for anything in general. He had no work for the day and no money to splurge on alcohol. Therefore, he was stuck in a state of nothing-ness.

It was just as he was about to give up and return home for a nap that Telor heard the screech. The screech was high-pitched- obviously feminine- and so shrill that it produced bumps on his skin and made his blood run cold. Telor broke out into a flat sprint without another tick's thought. But when Telor arrived, he found not a horror present. On the contrary, the sailor found what was arguably the funniest thing he had seen all season.

The shriek had belonged to a mortified woman, who even now stood with her mouth agape in horror as her eyes rested on the Lord of Council's Office. The office was not what brought her horror, however. It was what covered it.

The grand and elegant building had a pair of underpants hanging from the doorframe. Stifling a laugh, Telor stepped closer and peeked in the door to confirm his suspicions. What he saw left him nearly incapable of speech as he gasped for air. Not only underpants, but...personal items of every kind were strewn all about the lobby. There were a handful of people rushing about, attempting to clean the place before it was discovered, but Telor knew it was already too late. The woman's scream had drawn a curious and concerned crowd, all of whom now stood in the lobby giggling and whispering to each other.

"I heard there's a ghost doing it all." "Not a ghost, you idiot! A Poltergeist!" "They're practically the same..." "You really think the Poltergeist did this?" "If he did, he's got a fantastic sense of humor!"

Telor himself sauntered over to a corner and picked up a pair or two of bloomers. Telor grinned, and turning to the assembled, he shouted, "These anyone's?"

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Under Where?

Postby Abidah on March 29th, 2015, 5:16 am

The whole city was a wonder, a ancient city full of knowledge and commerce. The people were going about a normal day as far as Abidah understood, and she was determined to explore the city again. The new environment was simply to baffling and wonderful to simply ignore, she wanted to experience it all. From the architecture to the snow capped mountains. Though perhaps she experienced too much... Her first encounter with the gust of wind known as 'bonesnapper' by the locals froze Abidah and chilled her to the bone, catching her completely on surprise. Now she closes her shawl tightly around herself, even wearing her face veil to shelter from the wind which blew occasionally in gusts. Luckily it wasn't constant as to force people in their homes or wear winter clothes in order to battle it, since this morning it perhaps blew three or four times.

The Zeltivians however were accustomed to it at this point, and knew full well that in the summer that bonesnapper would become much weaker than it was, already in-fact it was dying down with the approach of summer which was a mere 30 days away. But to the desert-dweller the cold air was almost unbearable. Emphasis on 'almost' as it didn't seem anything could stop this girls wanderlust, she loved this city and especially loved dwelling in the old quarter where pre-Valterrian buildings still stood in great majesty.

So Abidah strolled, her left arm hugging and clenching at her shawl for warmth and her right hand fiddling with her prayer beads, doodling with each bead for about two chimes before continuing to the next. She was happy and content, her thoughts constantly drifting between rational and trivial ones as she walked through the old quarter, her head looking up and about constantly, her eyes always fixating on the Mountains looming over the city as she gazed upon the sheer size and intensity of them before lowering her head again and letting her eyes wander, glancing curiously at each building as she walked past in a form of trivial study.

Oh today was a good day for her. There was hardly any day which wasn't, and she simply smiled as she thanked Yahal and asked for his blessings and strength and almost instinctively her thoughts darted to her family in Eyktol.
"Yahal, please protect them. I miss them so dearly, and I do not wish any harm to come to them." She spoke to herself, ignoring any reactions from the locals but hardly anyone cared, the most attention came from glances when she started to talk before the few averted their eyes and continued on without a second thought or glance.

It was then she heard the shriek.
It was sudden and horrible, If the wind is 'bonesnapper' then this woman is 'earburster'..... Oh! Yahal forgive me, I mean't not to insult anyone, innocent or otherwise. Least of all someone in distress She thought as she continued towards the source of the scream at a quickened pace, but slowed down as she neared the scene of the crime, then stopping as she joined the rest of the crowd as they observed the absurd crime. Under-things were sprawled everywhere along with other personal items, it was quite humorous to see though. "Yahal have mercy on those who committed this indecency" She gazed around at the crowd that had gathered around, whispering among each other about a Ghost or Poltergeist, their murmurs broken by a man speaking up "These anyone's?" Abidah glanced up and looked at the man as he held up two bloomers. She repressed a giggle at the sight, but her mind turned back to the poltergeist they blamed this on.

If this was a Ghost, and she wasn't sure if they even existed.... Surely it wouldn't do this without reason, and if it did then what's stopping it from committing violent acts? Humanity...... She hoped.
Abidah
Faith and Sacrifice

Words: 6857
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2015, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Under Where?

Postby Telor Riptide on March 30th, 2015, 1:18 am

Telor continued along with his work as those in the ground kept up a revolving ensemble. Some parts of the crowd stayed the same the whole time while others were different people in different spots each time he looked.

For the most part, the Zeltivans seemed to enjoy his humor regarding the situation. "This Poltergeist sure knows how to get personal!"

However, some threw him glares or sneers as he attempted to help out the people at the Office. Of course, it had to continue to function, so none of the workers present could leave their posts to clean up. Thus, it was left to volunteers like Telor and the people who came to claim their things.

Surprisingly, many of the items were claimed. There were a few obligatory shy members in the crowd who didn't come forward when Telor called, but for the most part, the people of Zeltiva cooperated well. Men and women alike came forward to claim their things. Most were dressed well, although a few looked as though they had just woken up. Telor received embarrassed smiles, grateful handshakes, and even one hug. Some stayed to help others while some scurried along on their ways.

One woman, however, stood to the back of the crowd, saying nothing but simply observing. "Aye!" Telor called to her. When she didn't seem to hear (or didn't respond, at least), Telor moved closer and called to her again. "Aye! You missing something?"

The woman, whose entire body and face were covered seemed to shiver with each burst of wind that blew from across the still-cold sea. The wandering nature of her eyes and the nervous whispering to herself told Telor that she wasn't exactly comfortable here, but he knew not where a woman like this might come from. She seemed so...exotic for Zeltiva. Had she come in on a ship? Perhaps she was an escaped slave from a nearby town? Or was she here to teach foreign subjects at the University?

Catching a fleeting expression of concern cross the woman's face, Telor finally reached her side and placed a hand on the woman's shoulder.
"Don't worry. I'll find it for you. What're you missin'?"

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Under Where?

Postby Lucy Colburn on March 31st, 2015, 2:02 am

It was a beautiful morning in Zeltiva. Syna's light was shining through the clouds, giving out a warming glow as it shone throughout the city. The wind that accompanied the morning was a chilly one, but not too chilly by Zeltivan standards. Lucy happened to rise earning this morning, and so she decided to take an early stroll through the city. She made her way through the Old Quarter with a spring in her step.

The air was chilly enough to her liking, not too warm, and not too cold. Energised by the refreshing morning air, she smiled to herself as she ambled her way through the streets. The whole city was a wonder. It was an ancient city full of knowledge and commerce, but none was as grand as the buildings in the Old Quarter. It was also where one could find the city's beating heart.

The most prominent building in the Old Quarter was the Lord of Council's Office. It was an majestic and elegant structure of burnished granite. It had stood the test of time, and will continue to stand for centuries more. The people went about their day as they normally would, and it seemed like just any other day in the city. Lucy was about the approach the Lord of Council's Office when she heard an ear-piercing shriek.

Shock and alarm were the first two things she felt. Her interest piqued, she ran towards the source of the sound, which sounded like it came from the direction of the council's office. Upon reaching the entrance, she found the source of the ear-blasting scream. It belonged to woman with a horrified look on her face. Looking towards the direction she was pointing at, Lucy noticed with amusement that a variety of personal clothing were strewn all over the place within the lobby area of the office.

Undergarments of all colours and type were scattered everywhere, belonging both to male and female alike. Bloomers were not an exception as well, scattered among the personal underclothing. A crowd had begun to gather in the area, drawn to the shriek like she was. It seemed to be increasing in size by the chime, and she could hear people gasping as they quickly recognised their clothing among the mess.

Men and women alike darted in and out, grabbing their clothing before disappearing into the crowd. She could hear the crowd talking "I heard there's a ghost doing it all." "Not a ghost, you idiot! A Poltergeist!" "They're practically the same..." "You really think the Poltergeist did this?" "If he did, he's got a fantastic sense of humor!"

Lucy then noticed a blonde hunk of a guy picking up a pair of bloomers, before turning to face the crowd as he announced "These anyone's?" She couldn't help but let out an amused chuckle at the sight of the buff man holding onto a pair of bloomers. A couple of chimes later, she saw a new addition to the crowd. A woman with a shawl wrapped around her upper body. The woman couldn't help but giggle at the sight of the bloomers as well. Who could? It was such an amusing sight to see so early in the day.

The blonde man came over towards the exotic looking woman and placed a hand on her shoulder asking her if she had lost anything. Lucy, standing beside the woman stuck her head out at them, staring at the man and the woman. She remarked
"What an interesting sight we have here indeed!"
Lucy Colburn
Player

Words: 12816
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2015, 5:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Under Where?

Postby Abidah on April 8th, 2015, 5:03 am

Abidah stood there as the rest of the crowd eventually dispersed, some shamefully collecting the garments that were scattered and the others making remarks like one woman who shouted up, something about a interesting sight, oh yes it was indeed.
One man, with blonde hair had helped some of the others gather their... Things. He seemed nice enough though, but never expected him to actually talk to her
"Don't worry. I'll find it for you. What're you missin'?"
His hand of her shoulder caused her to slightly back away from the touch, more our of surprise than any actual rudeness, she looked him in the eyes and shook her head "No.. No.. I didn't lose anything, I just heard a scream." Abidah smiled underneath her veil, her accent was noticeable. Years of speaking shiber had affected the way she said and pronounced things. Another thing was noticeable as well, oh yes, her eyes glowed with a radiance as blue as the sky yet so alive like water.

"Thank you though, you certainly helped the other people." Surely though, strangers do not have conversations do they? "Uh.. My name is Abidah," She said her name subtly, her voice still and quiet. She promptly added her short biography onto her name "From the tents of Talmal, of the sons of Aysaw." So far, so good, a normal introduction. Or at least it was to her. "Are you from Zeltiva? Or are you like me?"
Abidah
Faith and Sacrifice

Words: 6857
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2015, 3:48 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Under Where?

Postby Telor Riptide on April 8th, 2015, 7:19 pm

The hooded woman thanked him politely, and Telor's heart swelled with pride. He had done a good deed, hadn't he? Her strange, foreign accent and wonderous clothing added to the compliment, somehow making it too, exotic and mysterious.

He was perplexed that she had included her place of birth in her introduction. She had mentioned another thing too, her family, was it? Never one to question the words of a beautiful woman, Telor bobbed his head.

"Ah, I am Telor Riptide. I was born of the Suvan Sea, and I call each place the water touches my home. So in some ways, I am from Zeltiva, yes.

"But enough of that introductory nonsense. I've been working all day and I'm starving. Would you ladies care to share a drink with me? World's End Grotto? It'd be my treat."
He added the last line playfully, bouncing his eyebrows and licking his lips.

"Maybe there we could put a name to your pretty face, huh?" Telor tried to wink at the nearby brunette woman, but ended up smashing one side of his face less-than-gracefully. Ah well, there had to be some charm in it.

You willing to tag along for a drink, or you looking to help out more? There's still plenty to do, for sure."

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Under Where?

Postby Perplexity on April 10th, 2015, 11:25 pm

Notice

It is with deepest regret that I must inform you the contents of this thread have been rendered null and void. All instances of roleplay within the domain of Zeltiva concerning the characters of Telor Riptide and Aedifex are to be ceased immediately. This is due to multiple infractions upon the rules governing the utilization of Mizahar as a website which are as follows:

• Players are allowed a maximum of 5 active accounts.
  • Two PCs from the same player cannot be in the same Domain at the same time unless they have a really good reason and permission from the location's DS or a Founder.

This decision has been reached after extensive investigation. It is final.

Sincerely,
Perplexity- DS of Zeltiva

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)