Vequil's Scrapbook - The Thing that came from Somewhere

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Vequil's Scrapbook - The Thing that came from Somewhere

Postby Vequil Alieare on April 3rd, 2015, 2:54 pm

#HipsterNotIncluded

This thread officially represents the views of the voices in my head.

Reader discretion is advised.
Last edited by Vequil Alieare on April 4th, 2015, 11:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Vequil Alieare
Redhand

Words: 54897
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2015, 12:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The man behind Vequil. Figuratively, you pervert.

Postby Vequil Alieare on April 4th, 2015, 4:03 pm

About Me

Name: Tristan
Date of Birth: 2nd, November, 1995
Profession: Batman
Hobbies:
Reading, writing, music, travel, art & design, contact sports (Muay Thai/Judo/BJJ in particular). Fine connoisseur of delicacies.

Introduction

Seriously, I hate introductions.

How do I even go about introducing myself? Like any other normal human being I have things I love and things I absolutely hate, as well things I don't really care about. Things I love I pursue with zeal, while things I hate I avoid with scorn. Things I don't really care about well, I don't really care enough to mention. Like any other normal human being, I also have my strengths, weaknesses and hamartia. Like any other normal human being, I am also common, yet unique. There's really been not that much going on life and at the same time a lot, depending on how you'd view things.

Throughout my adolescent life past the age of 14 I've been living mostly alone, first in private dorms then my family's residence (it's legal where I'm from, don't worry.) While this does indeed have its merits such as bringing the occasional girl home and an adolescent freedom most yearn for, it more or less lead me to develop into an introvert of sorts. This doesn't really mean that I just stay at home and refuse to connect with society, it just means that my connection to the outside world is very selective. I've a few good friends that I regularly hang out with, but aside from that there's really not that much to talk about. I do the normal things that teenagers do.

Those particular years were quite hard to describe, being more or less conflicting for a member of high school. I fit in easily but neglected myself from doing so for reasons that could be explained some other day, and during the time others would use for, well, enjoying youth, I instead used to read books. I would just sit there and read for hours on end, slowly wading through the words and paragraphs that brought bits and pieces of change to my perspective on life. When I got tired of reading I would gym. Before I knew it I simultaneously became both a bookworm and a gymnut. Fascinating.

Contemporary Japanese literature really got to me during that particular time of life. The detachment, alienation and loneliness probably struck something deep down inside.

Perhaps the most meaningful slice of my life was a six-month backpacking trip by myself across Thailand when I was 18, after completing my International Baccalaureate studies and having spare time before my next endeavour. Originally the trip was planned to be a two month training session in a muay thai & MMA camp with a good friend of mine, but due to some urgent and unforeseen circumstances he had to bail at the last second, which I completely understand. Fortunate enough to meet a variety of friendly and interesting people during the trip, I really enjoyed the experience. For me it doubled as a time of therapy since I had been facing numerous emotional problems, and the stress has been building up.

Running 4km every morning along a remote beach listening to the tranquil ocean waves at 6:30 AM has amazingly therapeutic qualities. In addition to the simple daily cycle of Training-Eating-Sleeping-Training-Eating-Sleeping-Eating-Sleeping, a lot of the things that kept bothering my consciousness while in urban life kind of just went out the window. Also, there were these two cats at one of the camps that I really loved. They'd always keep meowing outside my dorm room until I let them in, then stay in my room for the night. I really love cats. On Saturday nights everyone would let loose since there's no training and go fool around in the nearest town.

Oh, and I actually won a professional muay thai ring-fight by knockout in a local competition near the end of the trip. Talk about that lucky uppercut. I've yet to be in a cage-fight however, and that remains a thing I'd like to experience in the future.

I also went for an HIV test after I returned due to some... well, bad decisions that I've made. Luckily it turned out negative. The experience remains an in-joke amongst my friends.

Aside from that there's not much to talk about. Did I say I've become a teetotaler? I've omitted a few important things in between to save for later. After all, what's the fun in spilling everything out at once? I'm currently engaged in a profession that I'll also save for revealing later as it really doesn't have much to do with everything I've said above.

Anyhow, feel free to talk to me. I might seem a bit odd but rest assured, I don't bite, usually. If you're really interested just drop a PM asking for skype and I'll hand it over to you.

P.S. All events mentioned here are in compliance with local laws. Where I live the drinking age is 18 and age of consent is 16.

Current Life Goals
  • Take over the world [ ]
  • Become a man of the wind. [ ]
  • Never, EVER grow out of shape. [ ]
  • Raise two cats and love them like I've never loved before. [ ]
  • Compete in a professional Cage-Fight sometime in the future. [ ]
  • Go for a backpacking trip of immense time and scale. [ ]
  • Read literature. Lots and lots of literature. [ ]
  • Engage in a relationship that lasts much longer than all my previous ones. [ ]
  • Develop a unique, interesting character on Mizahar [ ]
  • Eventually develop ideas of my own into a story/novel. [ ]
  • Dine in all of the Michelin three-star restaurants. [ ]
  • Dine in all of the Michelin two-star restaurants. [ ]
  • Dine in most of the Michelin one-star restaurants. [ ]
  • Have a copy of every edition of Norwegian Wood ever on my bookshelf, until the day I die. [ ]

And a few of the broader, more idealistic ones.

• Enjoy life. [ ]
  • Obtain wisdom. [ ]
  • Be healthy. [ ]
  • Fu*k bitches, get money. [ ]
  • Being able to love something wholeheartedly without a single hint of regret. [ ]
Last edited by Vequil Alieare on April 14th, 2015, 5:05 am, edited 11 times in total.
Vequil Alieare
Redhand

Words: 54897
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2015, 12:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Vequil's Scrapbook

Postby Vequil Alieare on April 4th, 2015, 4:03 pm

Placeholder