PM to join [The Kelp Bar] Stomping Grounds

(Telor)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[The Kelp Bar] Stomping Grounds

Postby Telor Riptide on April 1st, 2015, 3:44 pm

"I'll go first, yeah?"

"Ya never heard of Ovek? And yet you can deal out cards like nothin'."
Telor shook his head with a playful tsk, tsk as he examined his cards. "What kinda player you think you are? Ovek is the God of luck, mostly. He's real fickle, but I hear he's not too bad if ya treat him right. At least, that's what they say. I ain't never met him. Probably never will."

Telor glanced down at his cards once again, and barely kept the scowl from his face. In his hand he held the 2 of Quills, 6 and 8 of Scrolls, Mountain of Water, and 3 of Ships. Altogether, not a terrible hand, but he had been wanting to prove his skill to Demetri, and that clearly wasn't going to happen.

"Up to 3 cards..." Telor mumbled to himself. "I dunno, lady, what're you thinking? I think I might exchange these," Telor moved his lowest 3 cards to a seperate discard pile before drawing 3 more. "...For these. If I can." Now, in total, he held the Mountain of Water, Poet and 2 of Ships, and the 3 and Poet of Scrolls. Not too much better, but not significantly worse. He'd just have to hope she had worse.

"And that's all for me, eh?"

OOCIf you want to win or lose, either works with me. However, if you'd like to plan it out beforehand, a PM wouldn't bother me at all. Whatever works for you.
Last edited by Telor Riptide on April 7th, 2015, 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Demitri Maebourne on April 7th, 2015, 12:33 am

"Ya never heard of Ovek? And yet you can deal out cards like nothin'," the Svefra man shook his head at her in feigned disapproval, and Demitri's smile became a touch more sincere. "What kinda player you think you are?"

"So sorry," she responded. "Ovek knows why I haven't been locked away for such foolishness." She listened with mild interest as Telor explained the nature of the god of luck. She didn't honestly know what to think of the whole thing. Some all-powerful creature, who uses his abilities to take all the fun out of cards and dice? It seemed silly. Demitri had never seen any evidence of Gods and Goddesses beyond word of mouth, and she occasionally wondered if some deities had ever really been there. As he continued she very carefully brushed over her arm, checking the placement of her own source of luck. It was a God of Ships; she had placed it carefully and secretly up her sleeve as Sir Oaf was sleeping. Maybe it was unfair; some would say it was downright wrong. But the girl was determined to look out for herself in this selfish world, and she didn't need to ingratiate herself to an invisible man to do it.

But that didn't matter now. Again she reminded herself that Telor was a beginner. Even if she got him to start betting, it wouldn't be anything to write home about. Further, she may not even use the card; if she did, it wouldn't be for a great number of mizas. The way Demitri saw it, this was some casual practice. Jumping a bit as if she had returned from deep thought, she finally lifted her hand to slide her own five cards off the table and flip them around to see. Forgetting her poker face as she always did, she cocked her head to the side and let out a small, "Hm," considering a hand that was neither good or bad as of yet. A three of Water, a five and Mountain of Ships, a nine of Scrolls, and a Poet of Quills. She shrugged, discarded the three and the five with a moderate hand, and drew two new cards. Then she sighed to herself. A God and four of Water. She had a high card, sure, but this was nothing to brag about. Ah, well. "So we would usually place another bet here," she explained. "But since we're not betting this time around, we'll just lay the cards down and see who 'Ovek' smiled on today." Having already forgotten her initial disappointment at her hand, the girl gave him a playful grin, enjoying in spite of herself the company of an attractive sailor as opposed to her usual... ahem... "subjects of interest."

"Whatcha got there, pretty boy?"
I used my own picture for my avatar. Is that weird?
I was sick of not having pictures...
Oh well.
Also isn't it funny how you can make someone look completely different just by changing the lighting and upping the contrast?
Anyways, hi!
Demitri Maebourne
The Sneakiest of Sneaks

Words: 55391
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2015, 4:50 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Telor Riptide on April 9th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Telor’s eyes widened comically at her words. His brows shot up in the air, nearly disappearing under a tangle of hair that fell in front of his forehead.

“Pretty boy? I don’t even know if that’s a compliment or not when I’m sober!”

Despite himself, a chuckle escaped the man’s lips as he laid his cards out on the table top, face-up. There lay the Mountain of Water, Poet and 2 of Ships, and the 3 and Poet of Scrolls.

After taking a moment to appreciate the craftsmanship on the cards- for they truly were beautifully done- he began to count the cards in his head.

Or, he tried to count the cards in his head, at least. He began by thinking it through logically. Obviously, number cards are counted by their numbers, so that’s 2, 3...5. And then the cards with pictures are more, if they’re highest, so, are they in order? Gods are 14? Poets are 11? Or are they even higher than that? Maybe Gods are 20?

Finally, Telor banged his open palms on the table and looked up at Demitri.

”I have no petching idea how to count these.”

Common-Fratava-Vani
Telor Riptide
Player

Words: 24242
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2015, 12:08 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on April 10th, 2015, 11:23 pm

Notice

It is with deepest regret that I must inform you the contents of this thread have been rendered null and void. All instances of roleplay within the domain of Zeltiva concerning the characters of Telor Riptide and Aedifex are to be ceased immediately. This is due to multiple infractions upon the rules governing the utilization of Mizahar as a website which are as follows:

• Players are allowed a maximum of 5 active accounts.
  • Two PCs from the same player cannot be in the same Domain at the same time unless they have a really good reason and permission from the location's DS or a Founder.

This decision has been reached after extensive investigation. It is final.

Sincerely,
Perplexity- DS of Zeltiva

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous