[Opal Temple] All things must come to an end

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

[Opal Temple] All things must come to an end

Postby Kiska on October 31st, 2010, 5:17 pm

88th Day of Fall of the year 510 AV, early evening

Kiska walked into the classroom that held her herbalism classes every day. She was still upset from her previous experience with the kitten. Being still shaken, she wasn't in much of a mood for anything, but hopefully Drae would be able to cheer her up. She noticed a small sack sitting on the desk, empty, and separate piles of the herbs she had gathered on her camping trip on the desk beside it. All of the usual equipment was set out for work on the desk, though only one set this time instead of two. Drae sat expectantly behind the desk.

"Good afternoon, Kiska. How are you doing today?" Drae asked, putting her book away in the desk drawer. She sat up, waiting for Kiska's answer.

Kiska frowned, remembering the morning. "Not so good today, miss. Our patient died today, we couldn't save him." She didn't want to say much more, it still hurt her to think that she had lost a life, one that wasn't even hers to lose. She had been powerless to save someone.

"Oh no," Drae said, frowning. "Who was he?"

"A small kitten who had been hurt, a child brought him to us. We did all we could, but it wasn't enough." Kiska sat down at the chair in front of Drae. "But I would rather not talk about that now. What is all of this for?" She asked, trying to distract Drae from the conversation.

Drae nodded in understanding and started to explain the setup. "These are the herbs you gathered while you were exploring the isle. All of this is what you are allowed to use today. All of this is for your final project. You have until the end of tonight to make something useful for me using these herbs, if you can think of any additives you might need, such as honey, I will supply it for you. Also, I'd like you to write a report for me by the end of the term explaining your adventures in the isle and the herbs you gathered, including effects, properties, where you found them, uses, and harvesting methods. Include whatever other information you think would be helpful. I will supply you with paper for this assignment." She slide some paper over the desk to Kiska for the report and sat back in her chair. "Oh, and I can't help you on your creation, other than supplying what you ask for. You're on your own."

"So it was about learning to make discoveries and use information on my own," she said with a realization, not that she hadn't already come to that conclusion long before.

"Correct, now show me what you've learned. I don't expect you to make something exceptionally amazing, but something that you should have learned how to make from what I've shown you in class, or from your own experiments. Don't try to make anything we've made before either, that won't count." She said, watching Kiska. It was apparent that this was some form of entertainment for Drae, seeing how her students utilized her information at the end of the class.
Kiska
The Seeker of Destiny

Words: 74147
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2010, 6:17 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet