Solo Searching

Alcor searches for ingredients he needs to make soul mist.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Searching

Postby Alcor on April 14th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Alcor laid in his bed, diligently creating lines in his sketch book with charcoal. He was on his stomach with his teal wings fluttering as he concentrated on the quality of line and the form he was attempting to make. He was trying to draw something from his muddled memory bank for inspiration but no matter how much he lowered his lavender brow and squinted his eyes he couldn’t recall anything concrete, so he just tried to draw something simple. It seemed a little uninspiring but the Ethaefal used the wooded bed post as his subject. It had an interesting shape and if he didn’t draw it correctly which was certain to happen, he could just say he was drawing something abstract.

As his charcoal stick delicately outlined the basic shape, Alcor was interrupted by a knock at his door. This face crinkled and he clenched his hand to dull his anger as he prepared to greet who ever had the gall to disturb him and break his focus. The smiling face of his mentor greeted him as the door was opened, causing Alcor’s face to soften a touch but not completely.

“Hello apprentice, lovely day we're having” The aging Konti said with a natural sereneness as she walked into Alcor’s home with out waiting for an invitation. Alcor winced a touch as she complimented the day, as if she had said something terribly rude. “Quant little home you have here, I always wanted to get a house here but the land lords wouldn’t allow many visitors” She gave a knowing wink to her apprentice, Alcor responded by avoiding eye contact and letting out a barely audible sigh.

“Why are you here?” He stated bluntly, the Novice lacked any of his mentor’s social graces and just said what was currently on his mind. Alcor wanted to go back to his drawing so that he could suppress the Akvatari melancholy that seemed to always be creeping up on him.
“Oh I know I said you didn’t need to come in today but well…I was wrong” She casually shrugged her shoulders “Last night a mass haunting unexpectedly came into town, It seemed like a hunting party were all massacred together and I need lots of soul mist to take care of them.”

Alcor gave out a much larger sigh, knowing that he couldn’t possibly turn down his Mentor even though he didn’t feel like doing much of anything important today.
“I’ll take that as a yes” Nessela said giving an even bigger smile “I’ll leave you to it, just bring me any ingredients you think we could use and we’ll make soul mist together” She clapped her hands together cheerfully and proceeded to shuffle her aged legs out the door.

As soon as she was gone, Alcor’s face sunk and he groaned loudly. He would have rather have done these types of things at night when he had the energy, but he also didn’t have the wings or the tail that made the task easier. Especially since most of the things he liked to use as ingredients were in the sea or kept out of reach of those restricted to the ground.
Alcor
Depressing Spirtist.

Words: 24727
Joined roleplay: November 13th, 2014, 1:31 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes