Sensing your Kind (Alodian)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Adalia on September 27th, 2010, 11:25 pm

20th of Fall, 510 AV, The Chapel

Secret :
Cat gave me permission to assume she came through the front door, so... O_o

Adalia, shortly after her arrival, had asked the Chaplains of the Chapel if she could set up inside of a location of importance... which just so happened to be the Chapel. Naturally, they had agreed, and she had begun moving in today. A side room had been granted for her to perform her work in privacy, something that medicine occasionally required. Now, it was really a matter of setting up her supplies in an orderly fashion.

She had claimed a small table for her work, one which, despite having never been meant to do this, served as an amazing substitute for an operating and massage table. A few candles were positioned in the corners of the room, and the main light was provided by a window on the far wall, also having a wonderful view of the sea. All in all, it was a room that served her purposes well. Her tools were all well-labeled and organized, placed in easily-accessible areas.

Finally, she felt like she had finished. A sigh of relief flew forth from her lips, and she exited the side room, leaving the door open. With Tempest padding silently alongside her, she settled down in one of the Chapel's pews, silently awaiting her inevitable first patient. She brushed her hair back behind her ears, pulling the cloak tight around her figure.

Then she sensed something. It was like a nagging in the back of her mind, something tugging at the edges of her conscience. Then, the tugging stopped, replaced by a feeling of peace, but she felt like something was there. Curious, she craned her neck around, and spotted a man that had entered. She didn't know why, but she could sense her mistress's touch on him, the same touch she felt on herself. Was he another healer of Rak'keli? She watched him from her seat, ever curious as to why she felt like she did simply from being near him. The curiosity was reflected in her gaze. Not to mention, she had an adorable befuddled look on her face, but that was beside the point. Tempest stalked to the man's side, sniffing his hand.
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Words: 34545
Joined roleplay: September 11th, 2010, 10:13 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alodian Aviastas on September 28th, 2010, 12:33 am

Alodian walked into the chapel, in need of advice. He often went to consult with his goddess in times of need. He missed his mother terribly, but he knew he needed to continue with his healing, to better what he could do for his people. He came to the chapel to reinforce why he should be here, why he loved his goddess so. It always worked, and as soon as he stepped through the front doors of the chapel, he was reassured instantly. Moving to where the altar was, he smiled, a warm sensation filling him. This is exactly where he was supposed to be, with his Goddess Rak'keli looking out for him.

Alodian was deep in thought when he felt something sniff his hand. Looking down, Alodian jumped, seeing a humongus dog standing by him. "Son of Rak'keli," he excalimed, jumping out of his skin. His emeralds went to a striking shade of ruby. Taking a closer look at the dog, his demeaner relaxed, as he wasn't that afraid of it anymore. There was something about this wonderous animal that soothed him, to the fact that it almost felt like he was staring into the eyes of a human. He knelt down, as the rubies went to a soft shade of emerald, still on guard in case anything were to happen. He lifted his hand to the animal, letting the animal sniff it, to let it know he wasn't going to hurt it.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Adalia on September 28th, 2010, 4:08 pm

Adalia's ears perked up curiously as she heard him exclaim something. The only word she could hear from her current location was the name of her mistress, Rak'keli. She made eye contact with Tempest, nodding ever so slightly, in a barely perceptible nod. The Ivaski then walked back over to her, after giving an entirely non-threatening bark to Alodian. Upon returning to Adalia, she settled down to the left side of the pew (out of the aisle), resting her head on the ground.

The healer raised her right hand, giving a wave with a small smile. As her hand went back down. the Opal mark of Rak'keli was more than apparent on the back of her hand. She did not speak, however, too worried her small voice would not carry the distance between them until her approached. She brushed her hair behind her ears yet again, wondering why she had not tied it up today, and pulled the cloak around her yet again. She was a somewhat humorous sight to the Vantha, no doubt. While he was used to the cold, she was freezing inside on a Fall day.

Even at this distance, she could still sense the presence of her mistress on him. It was a feeling she had not felt since she had left Mura, and she wasn't certain whether she should feel pleased by the familiar feeling, or unnerved by it.
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alodian Aviastas on September 28th, 2010, 11:35 pm

Alodian jumped a bit when the animal barked at him. He watched as the beautiful creature return to what he assumed was it's master. It was a woman that he had never seen or heard of before, and curiosity peaked in him.As the strange woman raised her hand in a wave, Alodian caught the famliar marking on the back of her hand. Letting out a gasp, his eyes bulged slightly. Another healer! He had not yet met anyone else with a mark from his Goddess yet, and there was a stranger in front of him with that very same mark that inhibited his right shoulder. Smiling like a child on the Winter Solstice, Alodian made his way over to the woman.

"Excuse me, but why are you wearing a cloak in here? Is it not the most appealing weather you have ever felt?" he asked, breaking the ice with this woman. Taking another glance at her hand, he smiled again. "Forgive me, but I couldn't help but notice that you have a mark of the Goddess Rak'keli on your hand," he somewhat asked, somewhat stated. His curiosity was getting the better of him at this moment. Looking at the beautiful big boned animal beside her, his eyes glistened. "What an amazing animal you have there. My name is Alodian Aviastas," he introduced, as he held out his hand.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adalia on September 29th, 2010, 12:33 am

"It's freezing," was all Adalia said in the comment about how nice the weather was. Her eyes met his as she spoke, blinking only sparingly. Her smile grew ever so slightly as he commented on the mark on her hand. "Yes. I could sense yours across the room. Could you not mine? Listen to your heart for a moment," she commented quietly, falling silent to allow him that chance. After she thought he might have been able to feel it, she spoke again.

"Her name is Tempest. I am Adalia," it was short. Of course, she always spoke in short sentence, or mostly did. Her hand drifted over the back of the pew, taking his in hers and shaking it gingerly, before retreating back to her side. "I come from Mura, on a mission of healing for our mistress. What has brought you here? Did she call you as well?" She had a certain twinkle in her eye as she spoke of Rak'keli, like the twinkle of a child speaking of her favorite aunt, the one who always gave her toys and chocolates.
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alodian Aviastas on October 5th, 2010, 3:12 am

Alodian listened as Adalia spoke. So the animal was named Tempest, a pretty name. Finally, he had met another healer, and this one was from Mura! He grinned, as he nodded. He knew he'd be leaving soon to go there himself, so he could further his practice of medicine. "Yes, I felt a need to come here from Goddess Rak'keli. It has been very helpful here, since Master Jarret has been mentoring me," he said, a little proud of the fact he could say he was continuing to practice his gift. She spoke of being able to sense him, and he was confused. He didn't know that healers could sense their own kind. Closing his eyes, Alodian followed her directions. It didn't happen right away, but it did happen. After a few chimes, Alodian felt something that felt like he had something pushed against his mind, almost like a shove. He had a strong sensation that his Goddess was here with him, and it warmed him.

Opening his eyes, a soft grin caught the edge of his lips. "That, that was amazing. It feels like she's here with me. Does this happen to everyone like us?" he asked, genuinely curious. Now there was a way for him to sense others with the same mark he had acquired. Delighted, he turned his attention back to Adalia. "What brings you here, besides our Goddess?" he inquired, as he took a seat on the pew in front of her. Turning around in the pew to face her, Alodian stroked Tempests' head, still amazed by the creature.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adalia on October 5th, 2010, 4:04 am

"I come here simply because I thought that no healers of the Goddess would be in a settlement so small," Adalia admitted, shrugging ever so slightly. She had watched him as he had searched for the pull she had spoken of. When the grin spread across his lips, a light smile played across her own lips.

"I do not know. I do know, however, that I could feel this in every healer that lived within the confines of the Opal Temple on Mura. Tempest licked Alodian's hand idly. Adalia, as Tempest did this, smiled and chuckled ever so slightly. "I have been granted permission by the Chaplains of this Chapel to set up my office in one of the side rooms. If you ever wish, you can visit me and perhaps aid in the treatment of the ill," Adalia then commented, tilting her head ever so slightly. "If I may be so bold, though, whom is this Master Jarret you speak of? Is he the local apothecary? If so, I could benefit from speaking with him. My herbalism skills could use some improvement, and the herbs in this part of the world are more than foreign to me."
Adalia
The Traveling Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Triniel on November 4th, 2010, 2:22 am

Alodian nodded as she spoke. "I understand. I came here to further my abilities, so I could return to my homeland and help my kind," Alodian said, as he smiled. When Tempest licked his hand, Alo let out a soft laugh, staring down at the creature. He would be determined to get one, as well as to join the Opal Order. "Master Jarret is the local healer here. He does not have marks like us, but he knows a great deal about our works. He has taught me many thinks, and has helped me improove my skills a bit," he said, speaking with fondness of the old man.

"Thank you for the offer, but I will be moving to Mura to do some training for a while. I'm afraid my time here is being cut short, so that I may be able to further my abilities, and maybe even aquire another mark from Goddess Rak'keli," he said, a grin poised on his lips at the thought of gaining even more favor from his Goddess.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot what account I was on!

Credit Is Due To Jen For The Lovely Set
Triniel
Avanthal's Princess

Words: 15508
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Power Fork (2)