Plague and Pestilence [Jessor]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 17th, 2015, 10:10 pm

Welcome to the Scrapbook of Jessor Yellowmoss. Here I will keep musings of mine, documents of my hobbies, and snippets of text or music as I see fit.

That being said, others are more than welcome to post here as well, with their own related (or unrelated) musings, documents, and snippets. I will not lay down any rules unless something happens that justifies a need for rules, as I dislike restrictions in general, and especially in a creative space.

So, create on, my friends!

I will be putting up an introductory post soon, telling you all about me so that you can all learn everything you ever wanted to know (and probably more) about me.
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Words: 41781
Joined roleplay: June 29th, 2014, 1:58 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 18th, 2015, 2:29 am

As promised, here is my introductory post, giving you guys an idea of who I am and what type of material I'll be posting.

First of all, I would prefer if you just call me Jessor for the time being. I am a 16 year old girl, in high school, hoping to go into English in college. Besides writing, one of my passions is animals (which comes through in my character, I know). I live in the company of a dog, cat, and bearded dragon, and love them all dearly. I am a vegetarian- for moral reasons, not health reasons- but I will try to refrain from posting too much about that here.

As for other pastimes, I enjoy both creating and listening to music. I play piano and trombone, and am setting my sights on learning a string instrument before the year is out. As for music to listen to, I enjoy all types, but am especially into nerdcore, rap, or comedy styled songs, as well as some older, mid to late 80's and early 90's stuff (think Bjork and Prince).

Another hobby of mine is tabletop roleplay. I have just gotten into painting mini figures such as Warhammer or Pathfinder minis and this has quickly become an obsession, so don't be surprised if you see a lot of that around.

Lastly, something you might see here is book reviews or recommendations. As a writer, one of the most important things to me is reading. Not only has reading helped me as a writer, but also as a person, because I am an introvert and rarely, if ever, will I voluntarily go out and do things. Books are my substitute for wild adventures.

Of course, this scrapbook will also have stories of my day-to-day life, rants, raves, and other miscellaneous things, but there are too many random topics for those to be worth mentioning.

Now that you've read through that whole block of text, I think you deserve a reward. A kittenImage, perhaps?
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on May 18th, 2015, 9:55 am

That was the perfect kitten. Anywho.

Sorry I haven't posted before (or said it in any other context), but welcome to Mizahar! I see I'm a tad bit late and you've already set up shop and whatnot, but I just kind of wanted to make sure I said it. Happy writing!

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 18th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Thanks, Venti. It's never too late, in my opinion. I hope to hang in chat more often from now on, so I hope to be able to talk to you there. :)
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Orin Fenix on May 18th, 2015, 5:11 pm

So like, several important notes because they're important. I also occasionally go to the department of redundancy department. Anyway, first off, you play trombone, which is awesome, because I used to play trombone and sometimes still do. Are you a classical player, a jazz player, or a "I'll just do whatever because there are never enough trombones" player? I shouldn't nerd out about it but I could. And have. Also, while I might not agree with you on the rap front, the rest of your music choices are right up my alley.

I totally understand where you're coming from on the reading front. I am primarily a reader and not a writer, I would say. Do you have a favorite genre? Also I think it's amazing that you're planning to be an English major. I kind of regret not pursuing it for fear I wasn't a good enough writer to do so, but I salute any and everyone who does. I would love to read your book reviews and maybe we could trade recommendations.

Kitten was adorable. A woman after my own heart. I can't wait to see what you come up with both ICly and OOCly.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Jessor Yellowmoss on May 18th, 2015, 5:43 pm

I shall embrace your trombone nerdiness as my own, Orin. I'll play whatever you put in front of me, although I do have a soft spot for jazz. I've been playing for...5 years now? And 3 of those years have been jazz-centric.

As for favorite book genres, as with music, I have a wide range of tastes. However, if I had to pick I would choose sci-fi, fantasy, and any other type of otherworldly fiction as my top favorites. What about you? I assume you enjoy fantasy to some extent, being here on Mizahar, but what about sci-fi? Do you read mainly adult novels, or do you believe in the wonderful creatures that are young adult novels?

I'm sorry to ramble, if I am indeed rambling, but I'm quite excited to have someone who is genuinely interested in what I have to say. It's a unique thing.
Jessor Yellowmoss Image
Jessor Yellowmoss
Ride the Winds

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aventis on May 18th, 2015, 9:53 pm

Dropping in just one more time to say that jazz horns rock my socks. Love 'em. Who doesn't? I resisted the urge to nerd. Maybe shouldn't have because this discussion looks fun. Anywho jazz bass guitar and drums for the win, and I'll catch you fellers on the flip c:

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)