Where the Wild Things Are

Sometimes you have to bleed to come out stronger.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kiva on April 7th, 2015, 12:27 pm

7th of Fall, 502 A.V
    Jungle Wilds, outskirts of Taloba

A young girl sat crouched, slowly reaching outwards towards a large leaf. Her mouth was set in a thin line of concentration and she released a slow breath, "It's okay. I won't hurt you. Look what I have," On the foliage, a green lizard sat perched, turning its small head to eye the prize squeezed between Kiva's hands. In between two tiny digits was a squirming beetle, and she held it out as an offering.

A few ticks passed. The lizard took a slow step forward and then his tongue shot out like lightening, smacking into the bug and pulling it into its mouth. Kiva gasped and smiled, watching intently as it chewed the insect. After it was done, the lizard turned to see if Kiva had any more, but she didn't. Carefully, she reached out. The lizard flinched, but didn't move. She kept her voice soft, "Hi."

She could see the lizard tense and Kiva frowned. She moved her hand over and its eyeballs moved in unison. "Oh... You can only see from the side of your body. Here," In order not to startle the creature, she moved her hand slowly in from the proper angle so that the lizard knew she was approaching. When she was close enough, Kiva extended a single finger and ran it along the lizards back. It was nervous, but didn't flee. It just kept watching her.

She cocked her head, repeating the motion. Underneath her soft finger tip, the lizard itself had a rough, rubbery texture. Its scales were taunt and it was warm from the patch of sunlight that had gotten through the canopy. "See? I told you I wouldn't hurt you."

"What are you doing?"

Kiva stopped and looked over her shoulder, pulling her hand back. A few feet away were two children, one of them a girl who openly made a look of disgust. "Shouldn't you be doing something useful?"

"I am." Kiva growled, narrowing her eyes. The girl in question looked to be about a year older, and had an irritating voice. Kiva recognized her as being one of the kids from another clan. The Tiger Eyed maybe? When Kiva looked back to the lizard it had been spooked off, nowhere to be seen. "My mentor told me to do this."

"Your mentor? Well my father told me to train. Yours must not even like you." The girl kicked dirt towards Kiva, which sent a rage into the young Myrian.

Kiva jumped out of her crouch, at the girl who would insult her family. The two were knocked off balance and sent tumbling into the dirt. Kiva, wild and unthinking, clawed furiously, hitting whatever free spot she could see. The other girl screamed, returning the attack with punches of her own into Kiva's face. The two pushed away from one another, leaving Kiva to think on her feet. She quickly grabbed the nearest stick she could and swung, a whooshing sound whistling through the air until it made contact. The other girl was still on the ground, which made her an easy target. Kiva's stick came full contact with a skinny leg, the sound of impact resonating. The girl screamed again, and charged.

Her friend, a little boy, jumped into the mix. He pinned Kiva, who struggled and growled like a wild animal being caged. Her tiny body fought back as hard as she could, but she had dropped the stick and realized with a moment of dread that the other girl had retrieved it. Kiva quickly realized she was about to be beaten, and she spit, ready for her judgement.

-Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Words: 225555
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2015, 7:34 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Turrin on April 9th, 2015, 10:34 pm

“Do you think that I am scared of you, Dhani! Do you know who I am?”

Holding his the hilt of his talon sword with two hands, Turrin stared down the center of a large branch of a banyan tree. When the tree didn't answer him, the teenager tightened his grip on the hilt of the sword. When Turrin was ready to strike out at his imaginary opponent, he quickly lunged forward at his enemy. Lifting the sword with his right hand, he brought it over his right shoulder and slashed it down and across the center of his chest. The sword made a swooshing sound as it cut through the air. When the first attack was complete, the boy stopped his and attack. As he was swinging, he noticed his cut was kind of wobbly as it came across his body. Turrin knew if his mother saw such a sloppy attack. She would be disappointed and make him do it again, so the boy got back into his stance and challenged the branch again, “You are skilled, Dhani, but I learned from the best. MY MOM!”

Turrin got back into his fight stance and held the hilt of the sword in front of his by his waist. Pointing the tip of the curved sword at the middle of root branch, Turrin lunged forward, lifted the hilt of the metal sword with his right hand over his shoulder, and slashed down and across his body. The teenager could tell his second strike was much smoother than the first strike because it sailed through air without much of the wobble than before. With a big smile on his face, the half breed was satisfied with his strike, so he pointed at the branch and boasted, “Ha that is why you slither on the ground, Snake! You are no match for a child of Myri!”

Getting back into his fighting stance, Turrin held the hilt of his sword with both hands and pointed the sword at the middle of the branch. Lifting the talon sword over his right shoulder, Turrin was about to strike out at his imaginary opponent again, but suddenly, he heard a loud female scream echo through the jungle. For a moment, the boy thought that he was imagining things, so he finished his attack. Suddenly, Turrin heard another bone chilling scream and the half breed knew that it was somewhere close by, so the myrian sheathed his sword and ran in the direction of the girl's screaming. Turrin must have been running for about ten chimes, but there was a small tree laying in the middle of his path, so the boy quicken his pace and jumped onto it. Spreading his arms to regain his balance, the boy walked across it and jumped back onto the ground. The myrian stumbled on his landing, but he regained his footing and continued running towards his destination.

As Turrin ran through the hot jungle towards the sound of the shrill screams, he had to stop occasionally to catch his breath. The heat of the daytime made it hard to run for longer than three minutes with a break. The teenager knew that he couldn't rest long maybe a few ticks because he needed to get to the girl before the screams stop. Turrin knew if she stopped screaming. It could mean the worse possible scenario for the female. The teenager didn't think it could be a large predator because the outskirts of the city were often patrolled by either soldiers or skilled hunters. However, the myrian kept thinking of the worst possible scenario, so he started to pick up his pace towards his destination.
Last edited by Turrin on March 19th, 2017, 11:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Kiva on May 22nd, 2015, 12:08 am

Her makeshift weapon was about to be used against her, all because she got offended by an insult. She should have known better, given the rashness of her actions, but these children had scared away a new friend and dug their nails right into a sore spot for her. It was one of the reasons she didn't care for many people her own age, minus a select few. As she squirmed in the boy's arms, the stick swung out like a viper, striking at her torso. Sharp, burning pain shot into the side of her waist, and she tensed under the attack. A strangled sound broke from her lips and she threw her weight to the side. The boy struggled to keep her in place. He was barely bigger than her, and her eyes widened when she saw the piece of wood aiming for her thigh. Kiva bit her lip, drawing blood, but this time no sound escaped. She wouldn't give them that satisfaction.

A metallic taste built up in her mouth and she spit it out, having trouble thinking through the pain. She needed a plan. What did her mother say? A memory of the woman reaching out to help her up from one of their training sessions flashed in her mind. She could imagine the sound of her voice, 'You need to be smarter than your opponents, Kiva.'

At the time, the advice seemed impossible. Be smarter than her mother? A woman skilled in battle and who defended the Zinrah blockade? How? Kiva's brown eyes scanned the two children desperately, and her assessments were met with a cruel smile.

"Hold her face, Larik."

Kiva tried to twist to see the boy's reaction, but felt his hands already beginning take a hold of her jaw. These people weren't skilled warriors. They weren't stone cold killers. Not yet. They were kids, just like herself, if not a bit brutal. She could take advantage of them. As the girl approached with the stick, fear and panic had set in. 'Use it. Use it to the advantage.'

Kiva stopped squirming, throwing her body to the side once more but weaker, as if she no longer had any energy. "P...Please," She begged, lost for words. Begging was not something she knew how to do. In fact, any sort of begging would have left her mother ashamed. "Please, please..." The repetition looked like she was overcome with fear, but Kiva did not know how to proceed. She was buying time. Planning her escape. She continued her lie, "Don't hit me. I-I didn't mean it."

Her attacker laughed, "You didn't mean to hit me? I won't believe that."

The boy still held up her limp weight and Kiva could fell his grip loosen, "C'mon, Rekka. Two for two. She's done. Let's go home." He was easy to sway. Good.

Kiva kept her face towards the ground, her hair falling forward to create a wall for her expressions. She faked the most pathetic face she could, but was relieved when it was still masked by her dark locks. No doubt it would have looked phony, but the throbbing in her leg and side gave it a decent believable quality. Without waiting for his comrade's confirmation, the boy dropped Kiva to the ground and stepped over her.

"I'm leaving," he announced, waiting for the girl named Rekka.

As he began to leave, Rekka sighed and threw the stick into the brush. She scowled, crouching down to Kiva's level, "So pathetic." Kiva dug her fingers into the ground, gripping dirt within her palms. Now. Spotting her target through a break in her hair, the two made eye contact, and Kiva threw dirt straight into Rekka's eyes.

And then she bolted.

It was always easier to hide in the jungle.
    -Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Turrin on May 22nd, 2015, 3:50 am

Running in the hot jungle was not a easy task for the young Twisted Vine boy because of the obstacles that he had to constantly jump over or duck under, but he was determined to get to the girl in time. Suddenly, he saw a thick wall of silky wall in front of him, and the myrian boy came to a complete stop. Looking at the spider web, the myrian must have saw at list ten or fifteen fist size spiders on the wall of sticky silk. Hand gripping the hilt of his talon sword, the half breed knew the quickest way would be through the web full of possibly poisonous spiders, but he didn't want to take the chance and disturbing the web and getting bit by them, so he took the safest route and decided to walk around the trees instead. Once he was on the other side of the web, the boy continued running down through the jungle in the direction of the girl's voice.

As Turrin got closer to the sound of the girl's voice, he heard sound of another girls voice cry out in pain or anger, so he slowed to a stop and ducked behind a tree. Suddenly, he saw a little girl around the age of nine or ten run out of the underbrush. The half breed saw long welt across the girls waist. She must have been wiped or beaten with something like a vine or stick. Often Turrin saw these marks on his twin sister's back or torso given to her by her grandmother for not wanting to participating in the warrior training with the rest of her female cousins. The half breed would often have to sponge down his sister's bruises with cool water to bring down the swelling. Father or his Inarta mother couldn't say much against their grandmother's harsh discipline because she was the matriarch of their immediate family, so the old hag had the right under Twisted Vine law.

Turrin knew the panicked female would put her in more danger if he allow her to venture out into the jungle alone. He jumped out in front of her, spread his arms, and caught her in his arms. He knew the girl would probably try fight him off, so he defended his eyes and crotch the best he could and said soothingly, “I am not going to hurt you, Little One. It just not safe for you deeper into the jungle...”

Little One was a nickname his mother always called his sister and him, so he hoped it would calm her down slightly. Turrin tightened his wiry arms around the girl, so she couldn't strike him and said softly, “You look like you were beaten? Who did this you?”

Suddenly another myrian girl around the age of ten or eleven came out of the jungle about a chime later. The girl's face was covered with dirt, but the look in her eyes at the girl in his arms looked like they had a confrontation. The half breed let the girl go and motioned for her to get behind him. The half breed knew that he was doing a dangerous thing by confronting a myrian female, but he was the oldest of the group, so it must mean something in theory. Looking at the older girl, Turrin asked firmly with a polite nod, “Are you her friend?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Kiva on May 22nd, 2015, 6:40 am

Her feet stumbled over the jungle's gnarled roots and the sharp edges of twigs cut at her heels. Kiva glanced over her shoulder as she ran, pleased to see she had gotten a good start, despite her fatigue and aching leg. She was likely limping slightly, from the wound on her thigh, but she focused on her breathing and pushing herself forward. She just need to get somewhere she could hide and then she could strategize. 'Two against one... If I can just separate them, then I--'

Her thoughts vanished when arms wrapped around her. By the time she had noticed the figure, she was too close to get away. Immediately she tried to break free, but her actions were expected. A male voice fell upon her ear, his tone soothing. She looked up and a slight disappointment that the boy wasn't grown. Older, perhaps, but no adult. His body smelled like sweat, and when she refused to relax, his arms tightened around her.

He asked her a question, in regards to her new wounds, "You look like you were beaten? Who did this to you?"

Kiva looked down, and tried to shrug stiffly. She wasn't scared of what the other girl would do. She had already gotten a taste of that. She was scared of what her mother would say if she found out she had hidden behind a male. Kiva cleared her throat, "No one I can't handle."

Speaking of the devil, the other girl emerged from the brush, her eyes watering and bright red. Her mouth was twisted into a furious scowl and she zoned in on Kiva, "You little snake!" Her insult was enough to give the boy all he needed to know.

Kiva side stepped, looking past the teen who had grabbed her. She smiled, shrugging. She was about to offer up a fight when the friend from earlier showed up. Larik. Two against one, again. Kiva frowned, until a brilliant idea popped into her mind.

"You want to fight?" Kiva pressed, "Then us versus you two. Then were even." Kiva motioned to her new acquaintance. Kiva looked to the teenage boy in front of her. 'C'mon,' she mentally urged, hoping he could hold his own, 'Don't back down'.

oocDefinitely was not expecting this turn of events. This is a shorter post, not very detailed, but Kiva's character definitely took matters into her own hands when I was writing this. Interested to see how Turrin will react to this sudden invite for a tag team. lol
    -Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Turrin on May 23rd, 2015, 5:57 am

The insult thrown in the younger girls way confirmed that they had a confrontation in the jungle that lead him to here. Turrin gave the older girl a quick glance, and he could tell that she wasn't going to stop with just one welt this time. However, the younger girl seemed to be feigning panic because her whole disposition changed back to the typical confident myrian female. He felt quite embarrassed that he fell for the helpless girl act because he should have know that no myrian female was actually helpless. Even his sister who was a pacifist wasn't helpless because she trained for years with his cousins with his grandmother and aunt. Turrin looked at the older girl who seemed to ignoring him and glaring at the younger girl, and he felt uncomfortable because he felt like he was interfering in a grudge against to rival females.

Suddenly a myrian boy about the same age as the older girl came out of the jungle. The look the boy gave him was utterly confused at his presence. Turrin shot a dangerous look at the boy because he had a feeling the boy was part of the reason the little girl had a welt on her thigh. When the younger girl challenged the two children to a fight, the half-breed wasn't expecting to be volunteered into her battle. Turrin looked into the little girl's eyes, and he knew that she needed help, so he said with a nod, “I will help you, Little One, but I will take the boy if you can handle the girl.”

Knowing that he needed to pick a fight with the boy, so the little girl could pick a fight with the older girl. The golden eyed myrian rounded on the boy, quickly walked over, and with both hands, shoved the boy backwards. The boy stumbled backwards and tripped over a branch and yelled at him, “What is your problem? You have no right to infer with our busines..!”

Turrin clenched his fists and interrupted in a growl, “What was your role in her attack?”

The myrian boy narrowed his eyes at Turrin and spat, “I held her down while Rekka hit her with a stick!”

The boy moved quickly forward and shoved the half-breed backwards. Turrin stumbled backwards, tripped on a branch, and fell on his side. Growling, the golden eyed myrian got to his feet and said with a dangerous smile, “Well...I guess it is my business now!” Quickly, the half-breed moved forward, lifted his knee and thrust the heel of his boot at the stomach of other boy. The full blooded myrian boy side-stepped the thrust kick and threw a quick punch towards Turrin's face. Seeing the punch coming, Turrin swung his left arm up to intercept the incoming punch, but the timing of his block was off, so the boy's fist hit him hard in the cheek and stumbled the half-breed backwards. When the dizziness subsided, the half-breed looked up at the full blooded myrian and scowled at him knowing this wasn't going to be a easy fight.
Last edited by Turrin on May 28th, 2015, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Kiva on May 23rd, 2015, 7:01 am

The older, nameless male seemed confused, but when he agreed to the fight, a grin erupted along her lips. Kiva nodded and pulled out a small strap of leather from her pocket. With skilled hands, she tied up her long hair into a ponytail and stepped forward. "He's yours," she said to the teen, letting her eyes focus on her own opponent. The girl was taller than her, but lean. It would be a battle of elbows and knees. 'I'll need to be quick.' Kiva observed, taking a deep inhale. Her running had left her breathless, the humidity having made the air heavy. Kiva was sweaty, and wiped her forehead with the back of her hand. Her lip still stung from having bitten it, and when the other girl began to walk forward, she focused on the pain to inspire her.

The boys began their fight almost immediately, and Kiva was surprised the teen had begun to take the brawl so personal. till... She didn't have time to worry about the ethics so much, as the Rekka was already launching a punch in her direction. Kiva jumped backwards, barely able to dodge the attack. If she was being honest, her hand to hand skills were lacking. But still, she could assume the gist. Hit, kick, punch... Kiva found another punch being sent her way just as relentlessly, and she didn't move enough in time. This one hit her in the side of the face, sending her sprawling to the ground. Her ears were ringing. A foot soon found her ribs, and Kiva involuntarily let out a yelp of pain.

The older girl didn't stop. She reared back to launch another attack, and Kiva started swinging blinding from the ground, hitting anything she could see. Tiny fists started hitting bony a bony calf, and the other girl laughed at the inefficiency of it. This isn't working!

Rekka lifted her leg and in only a second, Kiva latched onto the other one, twisting her body and bringing her teeth to meet flesh. As fierce as an Akila hound, Kiva sunk her teeth into the girl's leg, biting down as hard as she could. The older female started screaming, and began to kick anything she could. Kiva's shoulder, side, legs. Bruises would easily start forming, but the attacks were panicked, lacking as much ferocity behind them.

Every attempt only made Kiva dig deeper, growling into the girls wound. When blood began to run down, Kiva released and rolled away as fast as she could from Rekka, rising into a crouch. Red liquid was smeared across her face. Rekka immediately began favoring the better leg, and she was breathing heavily.

Their eyes met once more. No doubt Kiva looked like an animal child, expression unpredictable, blood running from her mouth. There was a shift in the fight. She could feel it. And then she pounced, launching her tiny body onto the other girl, and the two continued their struggle.
    -Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Turrin on May 28th, 2015, 2:50 am

Slowly regaining his balance, Turrin moved his jaw to see if anything was broken. The half-breed didn't have any issues moving his jaw or felt any sharp pains accept for the throbbing dull pain. Turrin was happy the boy aloud him enough time to get back his wits. Getting back into his forward facing stance, he had his left foot forward and his right foot behind him. Turrin right fist was at his ribs while his left first was out in front of him pointing at the stomach of the full blooded myrian boy. The half-breed figured that he needed to be in a proper stance otherwise he would just be brawling like the two females. Turrin figured the females hadn't learned proper unarmed combat training yet, so he wasn't going to fault them for fight like two hungry tigresses. Suddenly, the full blood myrian boy closed the distance between them and thrust his right fist out towards the stomach of Turrin.

Turrin watched as the boy threw a right fist towards his stomach. Remembering the unarmed combat drills of his grandmother, he remembered that she stressed to never step backwards in a fight if you are defending because it also the attacker to get another attack. Grandmother stressed that you stepped to the side, so he stay in range of a counter attack if you block the first attack. As Turrin side-stepped to the left, brought his right hand up, and swung it front of his face, across his body, and down across his right knee to block the punch. Turning on his heels, the half-breed thrust out his punch straight towards the soft part of his abdomen. When the punch connected with the boy's body, the boy stumbled back holding his side as he tried his best to fight past the pain. Turrin decided to give the boy the courtesy that he gave him earlier, so he waited till the boy was back into a defensive stance to pounce.

The half-breed sprung like a cat at the full blooded myrian boy to close the distance. When he close enough in his right foot forward forward facing stance, he lifted his left knee, turned right foot enough, so the knee horizontal with the myrian boy, and swung the ball of his boot at the injured side of the boy. Turrin remembered with his grandmother that the hardest part of the round house kick was keeping his balance. The half-breed could tell the kick wasn't perfect because couldn't get the height, so the ball of his booted foot was aimed at the hip. The boy seemed to have the aptitude for unarmed combat, but he wasn't properly trained, so the half-breed saw him jump backwards and throw his left hand out to block his kick. Feeling the boy's hand knock his boot out of the way, Turrin brought back his leg and got back into his forward facing fighting stance as he pounced on the boy's mistake.
Last edited by Turrin on June 18th, 2015, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Kiva on June 2nd, 2015, 1:31 am

The brawl was messy. Angry and untamed. There wasn't much to look at in terms of structure, perhaps. Not in comparison to the older boy. Any training Kiva had received prior from her mother was thrown out the window. This fight wasn't meant to be fair. It started with a low blow from the beginning, with Rekka throwing a verbal shot at Kiva's family. If winning meant she had to blind the girl with dirt and bite ankles, she planned to do it. They were outside of Taloba's walls, in the jungle. Anything could happen.

Her clan would be repulsed. With the pride of The Crimson Sun being their stealth, tactics, and ferocity, Kiva was only one in three. She wasn't being quiet. She was snarling like a injured creature... which she was. And the only tactics she had even remotely tried to pursue was her little acting stint and the failed attempt to separate her enemies. It was a small relief that she had found a partner to give her a hand in the fight.

Her pounce on Rekka proved to be effective... sort of. Their bodies slammed into the ground but gravity had taken advantage of her. Rekka was larger, and as a result, Kiva had jumped higher, attaching like a tick to the girl's shoulders and the leap had put enough weight so that she would fall. But it allowed for Rekka to fall upon Kiva, her arm going straight into Kiva's chest. Her breath was gone, and she gasped like a fish out of water, pain pulsating through her body. Her lashings seared from the dirt being ground into them.

Rekka cursed from hitting her leg on the way down, and she pushed herself away. Kiva was curled up, just trying to breath. As she laid there, sucking in another inhale, she struggled to sit up. Rekka looked over at her with a predatory stare, but the boy's fight had caught her attention. She watched for a moment, calculating the two. Then another glance at Kiva.

Rekka took a few steps back, her foot hitting against a rock. As fluidly as she could, she picked it up, but the movement was jolted from her injury. She tossed it in her hand once, and said loud just enough for Kiva to hear, "Should I smash this rock against your skull, or your friend's?"

The question was as loaded as any. Kiva hadn't regained her breath and Turrin was busy fighting a battle that wasn't his. Had she planned her move better, she wouldn't be on the ground. But it was too late for regrets. Kiva took a shaky breath, letting her brown eyes wander to the males. Two against one was never fair,"Take me," she whispered, clenching her fists in preparation for the attack about to come. She wouldn't be fast enough to avoid it.

A heavy weight was pinning her to the ground as Rekka sat on her chest. The pressure constricted her lungs and dug into the wound on her side. A strangled sound of pain escaped from her lips, likely to have been louder had she had the air to. Both her arms were pinned by knees. Rekka's face was twisted into a nasty grin and she swung the rock towards Kiva.

Kiva barely had enough time to turn her head before the impact. A single thought was interrupted. 'Myri, please...' Pain slammed into the side of her head and then darkness.
    -Kiva
ImageImage
Kiva
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Postby Turrin on June 18th, 2015, 4:16 am

Turrin saw his opportunity to strike, so he slid his back leg (right leg) forward and lifted his front leg (left leg) and thrust the heel of his boot at the boys exposed side. The heel of his boot plunged into his abdomen and set the boy backwards into a tree. The force of the kick knocked him into a tree and the pain brought him to his knee as he clutched his stomach. Still in his fighting stance, the half-breed was about to finish his opponent with a punch, but the boy looked at him and pleaded with tear filled eyes, “Alright...Alright! I am done! Leave me alone...”

Turrin glared at the boy and turned around to see the myrian was standing over a the little girl with a rock in her hand. The half-breed eyes went wide because he couldn't believe the older girl would resort to such brutal tactics against another myrian especially a girl a few years younger than her. The half-breed's hand went to his pommel of his sword for a moment, but he quickly moved it away from the sword. He knew better than to draw a weapon against another myrian especially a female myrian, so he narrowed his eyes at the girl and charged the armed myrian girl instead. Stepping away from the unconscious girl, the myrian girl saw him coming and challenged, “You are going to get the same thing as her!”

Turrin ignored her threat and started to run faster straight towards her. Suddenly, the girl threw the rock at him. Covering his face, the half-breed did his best to jump to the side and out of the way of the incoming rock, but the rock hit him in the shoulder. The impact sent radiating pain throughout his shoulder. He could feel a warm sticky liquid trickling down his shoulder and quickly after the impact stinging sensation from where the rock broke his skin. Turrin immediately stopped his advance and placed a hand tightly on his wound to stop the bleeding. The myrian girl seemed satisfied with her victory over the both of them, but the look in her eyes was malicious and the half-breed wondered if he might need to pull his sword on her to stop the fight altogether. The older myrian girl glared at him with a nasty grin, “I want you to remember who beaten you Golden Eyes. My name is Rekka. Do you want to continue our battle?”

Turrin looked at the unconscious girl on the ground, and he noticed the side of her head was bleeding from the impact wound with the rock. The half-breed clenched his jaw because a part of him wanted to beat this petching girl into a blood pulp, but he knew that he needed to get the girl to a healer. Otherwise, she might succumb to greater injury if her wounds start to fester. Festering wounds were one of the number one killers in the jungle, so he decide quickly for the sake of the girl. Turrin relaxed his muscles and said in a more submissive tone, “No. You won this battle, Rekka. I will submit for now. Just leave the girl to my care...”

The other boy seemed to regain his composure, walked over besides Rekka, looked at the unconscious girl, and said to Rekka, “Rekka? You hit her with a rock? Why?”

Rekka looked at boy and said to him, “Larik, she goaded me into it!”

Larik took her by the arm and said said sternly, “By the Goddess-Queen, Rekka! She isn't moving! What if she is dead?”

Ignoring the rest of the conversation between the pair, Turrin took his eyes away from the pair, and he immediately went to the side of the unconscious girl. The golden eyed boy knelt besides her and noticed the blood matted hair on the side of her head. He knew that he wasn't trained as a medic, but he needed to do something. He just didn't know what to do. Turrin looked at the girl's chest and noticed that she her chest was still moving. He looked at the girl for half a chime as he decided than he decided that he needed to try to stop the bleeding on the side of her head. Pulling out his water-skin, he washed his hand of the excess dirt on his hand before he pressed it on the head wound on the side of her head. If he could stop the bleeding than he could help her back to the city to find a healer. He just hoped the wound wasn't as bad as it appears to be. Turrin said with a smile to the unconscious girl, “My name is Turrin of the Twisted Vine Clan. I will do everything that I can to help you.”

oocSorry it took me so long to respond. It has been a busy couple of weeks, and I just couldn't find the time. Anyways, I shouldn't take as long to respond anymore. :)

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next