Animal NPCs

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Animal NPCs

Postby Rayala on July 18th, 2015, 4:37 am

Hello!

So I was poking around and realized I may have to apply for a NPC, but I wanted to check before bothering the help desk. I was hoping for my PC to have a pet who is really only used for companionship.

If I do need to apply (as I am given to think), how would that work? I assume no skill points, so would it just be a description and name or else?

Thank you for any replies :)
Rayala
Player

Words: 33869
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 12:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Animal NPCs

Postby Nivel on July 18th, 2015, 5:01 am

I'm pretty sure since they don't have skills all you have to do is pay for them, the tools and food necessary to keep them alive. That is unless they're a kelvic in which case you need to apply.

I would wait for a second opinion though because I'm not an expert in this subject.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Animal NPCs

Postby Rayala on July 18th, 2015, 7:50 am

That's what I had been thinking, too, but I read something somewhere (not that I can remember where now) that made me think otherwise, so I figured err on the side of caution. Thanks, even if suggesting I wait for another reply, glad to know I'm not the only one leaning that way :)
Rayala
Player

Words: 33869
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2015, 12:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes