Location The Docks

Post here first!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A vast city of soaring towers, spirals, and platforms, Abura is the home of the Akvatari. [Lore]

Moderator: Liminal

The Docks

Postby Liminal on February 28th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Abura was a city like no other in Mizahar. It had the look of a place that had been designed in a fever dream; massive spires, arches, and towers dominated the skyline. They were not stylistically harmonious, and indeed, it was hard to imagine what possible functional utility many of them could have. As one approached the docks, it was difficult to shake the impression of arriving in a forest of hallucinogenic trees.

The docks themselves were remarkably prosaic. It had the same wooden wharfs and the same plank outbuildings that one would find in any other Mizaharan city. When a ship arrived, the cargo was generally unloaded by a few human stevedores employed for that purpose by the Zeltivan Sailors’ Guild. They maintained a shipping office in Abura, since it was one of the ports visited most frequently by their trading ships, and yet it had no trade guild or organization of its own.

Although cargo was checked thoroughly, passengers weren’t subject to anything like the same level of scrutiny. No one asked their business, or to see their papers, or anything of the kind. Indeed, if one didn’t already know what one was doing, it was possible to feel very lost, as signage was minimal, and other informational aids nonexistent. The only exceptions were the Sailors’ Guild office, and the Hospitality House, both of which were clearly marked.

Only a small area of the city immediately around the docks was at ground level. Aside from the Sailors’ Guild office and the Hospitality House, there were a handful of outbuildings and warehouses where the Guild workers lived and cargo was stored; the Visitors’ Gallery; and the Chair-Flight Terminal. Once one had passed these buildings, which were all very close to the docks, the terrain immediately gave way to the sand and rock that dominated most of the island of Akvatar.

Most of the remainder of Abura was taken up by the fantastic towers and other buildings, none of which had an entrance of any kind accessible to anyone who couldn’t fly. If an earthbound visitor was interested in visiting these parts of the city, he or she would have to go to the Terminal and hire a chair-flight: a sort of elongated seat that was carried through the air by a quartet of Akvatari. (There were also a few portions of the city carved into the grottos below the level of the water, but there were no provisions for earthbound visitors to visit there.)

OOC Info and restrictionsIf your PC is Akvatari, a winged Kelvic in animal form, a Ghost capable of flight, or an Ethaefal with a flying non-ethereal form, you are welcome to explore the aerial portions of the city without requiring any moderator permissions.

If your PC is a Nuit in a body capable of flight, you are also welcome to explore the aerial portions of the city; however, Nuit are viewed with serious distrust and grave reservation.

If your PC is Symenestra or Zith, you may also explore the aerial portions of the city. However, attitudes in Abura are intensely negative towards those races, and if apprehended, you will likely be forced to leave the city.

If your PC is a member of any other race, you may only explore the flying portions of the city after hiring a chair-flight at the Terminal. This will be easily done unless you are Myrian – Myrians are also viewed with great hostility in Abura.

If your PC is Akvatari, Charoda, a Kelvic in aquatic animal form, Konti, Iyvess Dhani, a Ghost capable of maneuvering underwater, or an Ethaefal with a non-ethereal form that is any one of these, you are welcome to explore the Grottos.

If your PC does not fit into any of these categories, you will not be able to explore the Grottos.
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

The Docks

Postby Aliza on July 29th, 2015, 7:24 pm

I reach the docks in Abura. I finally made it. I can finally settle down.

I rest for a while and then my stomach growls so I decide to go into the Grotos to see if I can find any fish. I swim around until I find a school of small fish. I swim in and just grab fish one by one until I can't grab any more. I take them back up to the dock and start eating. I think about my future. Where will I live? Will I like it here? Will I find a friend? Will I find love? I finish all my fish and decide I should just focus on my first thought first. Where will I live? So I fly up in search of a suitable place to live.
Aliza
Player

Words: 898
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2015, 6:52 pm
Race: Akvatari