The Blue One

Just a tiny bit to get the story started!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A vast city of soaring towers, spirals, and platforms, Abura is the home of the Akvatari. [Lore]

Moderator: Liminal

The Blue One

Postby Spite on April 19th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Opening my eyes, I could smell it.
It was the stench of that day, the stench of dormant panic and wet corpses and absolute terror. The sand below me, plastered to my skin, screamed out with need. Inside the ocean, of a great magnitude, I could hear them.
Mother, most of all, I could just imagine her screech "Leave us, Bule! Leave!"
Eyes bulbous in their dark sockets. I could nearly see the bloody smile along her neck, the dark skin violated.
Shooting up, I clasp both hands around my neck tightly, closing out the low hum I make when frightened. So dry.
Shuffling my way to the great hands of the sea, I could feel my body tremble with anticipation. Foamy claws grab at my skin, sending shivers down my spine, but before I know it, the life in me animates and glows light blue.
"Blue One, Gift of the Sea.
Come, swim away with me."
Run.
I prickle all over.

I could hear her!
Scrubbing my skin till it grows a bright pink, I let the salt burn my nose, smiling in erotic pleasure. My wings begin to twitch in agitation, fluttering gently, creating tiny planets in the water. The sun bore down on my skin, sending droplets of sweat crawling down my back. A tiny lizard walks up to me, with such a pompous demeanor it makes me want to throw him in my little pool. "What are you looking at, senile beast?" Baring my teeth, I almost forget my torment. Seeing his appalled expression, with such arrogant fascination, lifts my morning mood. With one dripping wet finger, I stroke his back, almost laughing at the way he jumped. Speaking for him, I exclaim. "Why Miss, would you so kindly leave me and my haughty self be!"
"My haughty self and I, Lizard King."
"Don`t correct me child, bow before me, now."
"I will do no such thing, I will get my owl friends and have them rip you and your royal bosom to pieces."
With perfect timing, he suddenly opens his mouth wide and his belly turns a bright red. That did it. Laughing out loud, I slap the water in his direction, watching him scurry away in disgust.
Lifting myself slightly, I give one push and take off into a grim cypress. Its branches have always reminded me of claws, ready to suck you dry, yet the beauty of such a plant drew me always.

Thats when I saw him.

A tiny boy, playing just a hundred yards away. Did he see me?
But I saw something else as well, death. Blatant in it`s nightmarish appeal, shadows lurking towards that little boy, creeping behind...
"No!" I shrieked, flying towards him, he needed to be saved. So close, death was close and the demise of this little boy would be too much. I was so preoccupied with saving him
I barely felt the arrow pierce my chest.

Spite
Spite
09/15/1994

Words: 4431
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2012, 8:04 pm
Blog: View Blog (6)
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet

The Blue One

Postby Aliza on July 29th, 2015, 9:17 pm

I pop my head out of the ocean after getting some kelp and I see Spite and the boy. I got out of the water, dropped my kelp, and flew over into a bush to watch and make sure they would be ok.
Aliza
Player

Words: 898
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2015, 6:52 pm
Race: Akvatari