Maverick's Musings

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Maverick's Musings

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 7:26 am

Welcome to my scrapbook. This will serve primarily as a repository for my musings and writings on things revolving around my PC and his family. None of this is cannon just because I post it in the scrap, this is just the equivalent of me doodling.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 19th, 2015, 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
I Will Be Who You Need To Be, When You Need Me To.
But, I Will Also Be The Man I Need to Be And I Will Always Need To Be Him.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Words: 19537
Joined roleplay: September 9th, 2015, 1:36 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Alric's Begotten

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 7:48 am

Maverick Seer

Alric's Begotten:

Around 385 AV the first of the Seer line entered into a young Syliras. Although yet without surnames the twins Alric -who would later become Alric Seer- and Seric -who would later become Seric Ironkeep- entered into Stormhold keep for the first time in their youth. Both men were honorable and both were quiet skilled. Alric was an expert in the use of the axe and Seric utilized a bastard sword but was truly known for his amazing use of the shield.

Both of the young men would become knights and both would rise in esteem and reputation quite quickly. Alric eventually acquired the signature weapon of the Seer line, and gathered his surname from the use of it. It was said that the namesake weapon predicted the death of its enemies simply by engaging in battle with them, thus making it a Seer. Seric on the other hand would eventually be known as Seric Ironkeep, for the impenetrable defense he was able to maintain with a steel shield- his last shield would eventually come to be known by his last name after his death.

Both of the men did marry and both had children. For the sake of clarity we shall start with Alric who begot two offspring, Faun and Sprine.

Faun begot four children, Mathew, Sparn, Faun and Lira. Sprine begot none.

Of Faun's children only three furthered his line. Sparn begot Gondellus. Mathew begot Adam and Sorn. Lira begot Van.

All of the children of Sparn, Mathew, and Lira furthered their lines. Adam begot Seeras and Lin. Sorn begot Lisa. Van begot Lira and Luke. And Gondellus begot Adam.

Of the six children, only four have thus far begotten heirs. Adam has been said to have begotten Maverick Seer. Lisa has begotten Keron and Timothy. Luke has sired Kim. And Seeras has fathered Seric, Alric, Bane, Wulf, and Kern.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 21st, 2015, 10:12 pm, edited 13 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Alric's Living Heirs

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 8:09 am

Maverick Seer

Alric's Living Heirs:

Of Alric's line seventeen are currently alive. The great-grandfather Mathew, father of Adam and Sorn is the only living son of Faun.

Of the grandchildren of Faun only two have survived, the son of Mathew, Sorn, and the son of Lira, Van.

All of the great-grandchildren of Faun now live except Lira.

Additionally, all of the great-great-grandchildren of Faun are also alive and in their teens or early adult years.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 3:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Axe Seer

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 8:28 am

Maverick Seer

The Axe Seer:

The namesake of the Seer line, the axe Seer is a beautiful and ancient weapon. The blade of the axe is engraved with the symbol of the windoak on one side and the likeness of a tyv on the other. Additionally, the blue-leather wrapped handle ends in a point that is formed after the shape of a spearhead. In a sense, the axe is a religious symbol and representative of the three patron gods of Syliras: Sylir, Tyveth, and Yahal.

Seer is an important item, both for its historical and religious significance. As such, the Seer line has always taken special care to preserve it. The axe has been damaged and lost quite a few times, but it has always been retrieved by a faithful member of the Seer line- eventually.

As was hinted in the above paragraph, the axe Seer has always been in the hands of a Seer man or woman. Starting with Alric's first son Faun, the axe has been passed down to the eldest child of each Seer generation. As was stated previously, Alric bequeathed Seer to Faun. Faun then handed the weapon down to his eldest son Sparn, who in turn passed the weapon on to his son Gondellus. Gondellus would have bequeathed the weapon to his son Adam on his death, had the man not vanished after the birth of Maverick Seer. After the disappearance of the man said to be his father -and as the direct heir- Maverick claimed the axe Seer for his own hand, after his grandfather fell to a heart attack in the midst of battle.

And thus the axe rests in the hands of the young squire, Maverick Seer. Eventually to be passed down to his children, or to his cousins or their children if he produces no heirs himself. That is providing the axe suffers no great misfortune, before a time in which it can again be bequeathed to the next generation of Seer knights.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 3:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Seric's Family Line

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 10:24 pm

Maverick Seer

"I Would be Your Guardian, If you Would but Ask."

Seric's Begotten:

Seric Ironkeep, a man of no less renown that his brother, was famed for the use of his shield and was famous for his near impenetrable defense with it. As we have already tackled the family line of the Seer twin we shall now move on to that of his twin.

Seric did indeed begat a family line of his own. The man in fact propenated his name even before his brother Alric, with the birth of his first son Jerome. Seric would eventually go on to have two more children, the female Casira and the male James.

Unfortunately, due to a disease in early adolescent Casira was never able to further the Ironkeep line. That being said, Jerome and James did indeed begat sons. Jerome produced Jamathy and Mil. James begot Mark, Sara, and Seric.

Of the sons and daughters of James only Mark and Sara furthered their lines. And of the children wrought from Jerome's loins Jamathy was the only son to produce heirs. Mark sired Kira, Lin, and Mathew. Sara birthed Kim and Lira. Jamathy, son of Jerome sired both Peter and Marken.

Of the seven great-grandchildren of Seric all save Lira have produced heirs. Kira has birthed Kim. Lin has birthed Mark and Seric. Mathew has successfully sired Dean, Lira, and Lorn. Kim has mothered Tom. Peter has begotten Anthony and Timothy. And finally Marken has sired Mark and Jamathy II.

Currently, only five of the great-great grandchildren of Seric have produced heirs. Mark and Seric, sons of Lin have produced Kim and Kane respectively. Lorn has fathered Ty and Sy. Anthony has given rise to Seric. Finally, Dean has given birth to Knight.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 4:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Seric's Living Heirs

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Maverick Seer

Seric's Living Heirs:

Of the Ironkeep family twenty-three members yet live. Of the grandchildren of Seric only Jamathy and Sara survive.

None of Seric's sons or daughters yet live.

Of the great-grandchildren of Seric only Kira, Mathew, Lira and Marken live on. Lin, Kim, and Peter have passed on- may they rest in peace.

All of the great-great grandchildren of Seric live except Seric III. Meaning that Kim, Mark, Dean, Lira, Lorn, Tom, Anthony, Timothy, Mark, and Jamathy II all live on to guide the next generation.

And of course, the great-great-great grandchildren of Seric are all alive and happy. Kim, Kane, Ty, Sy, Seric, and Knight are all currently in their late teens or early adult years.
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 4:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Simplified Family Charts

Postby Maverick Seer on September 12th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Maverick Seer

Simplified Family Charts:

Seer GenerationFamily Members
Sire GenerationAlric (Deceased)
Alric's ChildrenFaun (Deceased), Sprine (Deceased)
Alric's GrandchildrenMathew, Sparn (Deceased), Faun II (Deceased), Lira (Deceased)
Alric's Great-GrandchildrenGondellus (Deceased), Adam (Deceased), Sorn, Van
Alric's G-G-GrandchildrenSeeras, Lin, Lisa,Lira (Deceased), Luke, Adam
Alric's G-G-G-GrandchildrenMaverick Seer, Keron, Timothy, Kim, Seric, Alric, Bane, Wulf, Kern

Simplified Seer Chart :
Alric (Deceased)
Faun (Deceased), Sprine( Deceased)
Mathew, Sparn (Deceased), Faun II (Deceased), Lira (Deceased)
Gondellus (Deceased), Adam (Deceased), Sorn, Van
Seeras, Lin, Lisa,Lira (Deceased), Luke, Adam
Maverick Seer, Keron, Timothy, Kim, Seric, Alric, Bane, Wulf, Kern

Ironkeep GenerationFamily Members
Sire GenerationSeric (Deceased)
Seric's ChildrenJerome (Deceased), Casira (Deceased), James (Deceased)
Seric's GrandchildrenJamathy, Mil (Deceased), Mark (Deceased), Sara, Seric (Deceased)
Seric's Great-GrandchildrenKira, Lin (Deceased), Mathew, Kim (Deceased), Lira, Peter (Deceased), Marken
Seric's G-G-GrandchildrenKim, Mark, Seric (Deceased), Dean, Lira, Lorn, Tom, Anthony, Timothy, Mark, Jamathy II
Seric's G-G-G-GrandchildrenKim, Kane, Ty, Sy, Seric, Knight

Simplified Ironkeep Chart :
Seric (Deceased)
Jerome (Deceased), Casira (Deceased), James (Deceased)
Jamathy, Mil (Deceased), Mark (Deceased), Sara, Seric (Deceased)
Kira, Lin (Deceased), Mathew, Kim (Deceased), Lira, Peter (Deceased), Marken
Kim, Mark, Seric (Deceased), Dean, Lira, Lorn, Tom, Anthony, Timothy, Mark, Jamathy II
Kim, Kane, Ty, Sy, Seric, Knight
Last edited by Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Shield Ironkeep

Postby Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 12:48 am

Maverick Seer

The Shield Ironkeep:

The shield Ironkeep is the symbol of the Ironkeep line. Originally wielded by the twin of Alric Seer, Seric Ironkeep, the man's family took to referring to it by their last name after their patriarch's death.

The arm is an item of great significance to the family whose name it bears. The actual shield is a thick, steel heater shield. The face of Ironkeep is adorned with the deep engraving of a great oak tree that has been shaped into a tower. Upon the door that is at the base of the oak is a Tyv, that is set between the heads of two vertically crossed spears.

Much like its counterpart, the axe Seer, Ironkeep is a religious symbol. As per the family tradition, the oak tree represents the Windoak, the tyv obviously represents Tyveth, and the spears represent none other than Yahal himself.

Unlike Seer, Ironkeep has been lost in battle very few times throughout the years. This may in part be because none of its wielders are allowed to take it up until they are competent in its use, and are taught in the shield style of the family. There have been very few expectations to this rule throughout the years, and Ironkeep has never been outside of the direct family line descended from Seric's eldest child.

Currently, the shield is in the hands of Anthony Ironkeep and will be handed down to his son Seric IIII, once the lad shows the required competency with the shield.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Seer/Ironkeep Relations

Postby Maverick Seer on September 13th, 2015, 5:36 am

Maverick Seer

Seer/Ironkeep Relations:

Seric Ironkeep and Alric Seer were twins and like most siblings they butted heads from time to time. There was even one point in the brother's history where they shut themselves -and their children- off from each other completely and wholly. Of course, the issue was eventually solved over many stout mugs of cider, quite a few heartfelt apologies, and even a tear or two between the siblings.

Historically, and although their bloodlines are separated by more than one hundred years and six generations, the two families have maintained close ties. It is not uncommon for bi-family picknicks, joint-training, and other like activities to be held between the Ironkeeps and Seers.

Now, this is not to say that the two families are always, or have always been connected at the hip. Much like their respective founders who locked horns from time to time, there have been generations in which they have not interacted much and there have been generations when they have. It's important to remember that the families are made up of individuals and that it is up to the individual members to forge bonds among themselves.

All of this being said, there is usually one or two members of each generation whom form close attachments to each other. The Ironkeeps and Seers may be separated from each other's blood by many generations, but they still hold an innate loyalty towards each other and both groups recognize their shared, distinguished roots.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Commandments of Lawful Good

Postby Maverick Seer on September 19th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Maverick Seer

"I Would Be Your Guardian, If You Would But Ask."

Commandments of Lawful Good:

1. You shall be honorable and humane.

2. You shall not murder.

3. You shall not betray the trust of others, unless necessary to support the greater good or the law.

4. You will keep your word.

5. You will be of a inclination to consider the needs of others.

6. You will not aid beings of evil or questionable alignment.

7. The law is the final word. An unflinching, inhuman judge is necessary to support equality and fairness. This is true, even when your own heart aches at the sight of justice.

8. Mortals can not be expected and will not be able to constantly uphold this code. To be lawful good is to attempt to follow these tenets.
I Hope You Understand.
Maverick Seer
Arm That Ends

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next