Inquisition

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Inquisition

Postby ArcaneUnit on September 22nd, 2015, 3:58 pm

My name is Artcan DeÚnit Librarium,
you can call me Ink, or Gord.

I came here to find a resource base to pacify myself. However, what I found here was an original server with a rather intricate and broad story, unique in all regards.

The Problem:
I am not going to even attempt to contribute to this story without receiving the most extensive REVIEW of Mizahar I can be offered.

Is anyone willing to write a summary of the entire chronicled history of Mizahar?

I would love to leave out no characteristics. Details, like lore are lost, changed, forgotten, but the truth remains. This is all I ask for.

Can I have a Chronicle of Mizahar, or is this too much of a burden to bear? (* I am asking fro details about relevant changes in the world that have taken place in the lifetime of my character. Things he would know about, or could find out rather easily.)

if All else, It can be used for group census and new user references afterwards; should I be shunned away.

I will postpone my introduction in lue of this request.
But Greatly I am interested in being a World Magic user, with a deep routed plot in my characters ambitions.
ArcaneUnit
Player

Words: 474
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2015, 3:29 pm
Race: Human

Inquisition

Postby Aaliyah Tabr on September 22nd, 2015, 5:18 pm

I'm a huge lore hound and I like to summarize things. Hi!

Well, there's always the wiki. Dig some and you should be able to figure out most of Mizahar's history. Some useful articles are the one on the Valterrian and such.

From what I gather, there was this Age of Legends type period where Mizahar was split between two major nations: Alahea and Suvan. Alahea was chill, Suvan was awful.

The rulers of the two nations were Kova, who ruled Alahea, and Galifer Odalah, who ruled Suvan, got married for political reasons. Kova was kind and benevolent, Galifer was awful.

On their wedding night, Galifer discovered that Kova wasn't a virgin, flew into a rage, beat her to within an inch of her life, and had her publicly humiliated and executed. Galifer was awful.

Kova was much beloved by her people, and news of Kova's death sparked total war between Suvan and Alahea. Kova was also much beloved by Ivak, the god of fire and emotions, responsible for stuff like the entire planet's tectonic activity and preventing the world from boiling over with pent-up emotion.

Ivak was pissed.

So pissed that what we now call the Suvan Sea is actually the crater left after Ivak nuked the Suvan capital, and then raged across Mizahar, laying waste to all of the things.

Ivak's enemies took advantage of his tantrum, the war between Alahea and Suvan spilled into the heavens, everything was on fire. That's the Valterrian.

Then we've got this other dude, Sylir, god of peace and civilization. Sylir made himself a target of Ivak's wrath to buy Izurdin and Morwen - also gods - time to trap Ivak and seal him away in Wind Reach. The Inarta people who live there were made to forget him every five minutes, there were no more earthquakes anywhere, and what's left of Sylir is now the Wind Oak, a monstrous tree that dwells in the heart of Syliras.

Fast forward to 512 years after the Valterrian. The Djed Storm.

Less sure on the details of this, since I haven't really dug through it, but here's what I've gleaned:

So there's these two dudes: Leo Varniakand Glav Navik. Glav Navik is a descendant of Sylir, and I think Leo Varniak was descended from the child of Kova and Ivak?

They go on this huge epic quest that ends in Wind Reach where they open Ivak's prison.

Now, Ivak's prison wasn't entirely watertight. It was a huge spell made by several gods and all, so it was really buff to start with, but it also ate up any wild djed in and around Mount Skyinarta to keep running. Bits of Ivak's power also trickled back over the centuries, or else Mizahar would have exploded from volcanic buildup.

Ivak's prison didn't go gently, is what I'm saying. All that power was released explosively, causing a massive, world-rending storm that was felt all over the world. There were champions of several gods present, and at least three people soaked up enough of the released djed to ascend to actual godhood. One person became something called a Velispar?

Glav Navik is now the new Sylir, the previous champion of Rhysol, god of evil, became Ssena, goddess of fear, and some immortal magecrafter also became some secret god that, as far as I know, hasn't shown his face yet.

This was three years ago! Not sure how the world's doing right now re: the djed storm, but it was a pretty massive catastrophe. An entire region exploded. (Denval. From what I can find, anyone who legged it out of there before it went up now lives in Zeltiva.)

And, more recently, the gods reached a consensus to reintroduce the art of Dominion, the magic of linking physical space to the Ukalas, the realm of the gods. Ethaefal happen because there's holes in Syna and Leth's bits of the Ukalas, and there's souls falling out of it.
Aaliyah Tabr
Harlot

Words: 17646
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 1:52 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Inquisition

Postby Revali on September 22nd, 2015, 5:52 pm

First and foremost, welcome to Miz!

We do pride ourselves on a unique and creative site for people to write in. However, because it is such a unique environment, the learning curve is steep. You likely know this if you've looked at the lore. It can be intimidating!

But to summarize all of the lore would not really be possible. Any changes in the game have been updated in the lore, so the only way to get all of the necessary information is to actually read.

You don't have to know everything in order to start; you just need to know the things that pertain to your character. I.e. if you want to work with world magic, read about the world magics. For those things you don't know off the bat, you can read them as they become relevant.

There is a welcome PM in your inbox (I promise! Everyone gets it) that should describe how exactly to get started. It will also explain site wide rules, such as the fact that your username ahould be your character's name, and how to change it.

And, if you have any questions, there are always people in chat who can answer questions, or you can hit me up with a PM. I'm always here to help.
Welcome again, and good luck,
Val
Revali
'Fraidy 'Kat

Words: 45187
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2015, 3:34 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Inquisition

Postby Yisanareysin on September 22nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

Also, do take into account that your character is not going to know everything. If your character starts off knowing even half of what's in the lore, you're doing it wrong. You just need to know the basics, and remember to check back with the lore or with others when you come across something you're not so familiar with.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)