Completed [Ancient Quarter] Farsons Home for Orphans

Adyel and a caravan venture to the orphanage in Zeltiva

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Ancient Quarter] Farsons Home for Orphans

Postby Adyel on October 8th, 2015, 3:03 am

Date: Fall 515 AV, Day 28Image
The days of Mizahar grew colder be each day. Thoughts of his mother rushed through his little mind. He clutched his art toolkit box tightly and sighed. Thinking about his mother pained his heart.

A lady who is in the caravan looked down and smiled at him. "Hey, how you holding up?" Adyel sighed once again feeling more lonely without his mother. "Oh, um everything seems to be good." She placed her hand upon his shoulder. The muscles tensed up. Their steps repeatedly made thumping sounds against the cobblestone streets. In one direction there were Mountains stationed around Zeltiva. Until they touched the ocean. The docks layed on the far side of the city.

Adyel was given a special art toolkit. Before he had to depart away from his mother. And his mom gave him that art toolkit. Adyel seemed to be an excellent drawing artist. He was even able to take classes that was meant for extremely talented. For sure Adyel has been granted with a gift of art.

He can draw about anything. He just remembered, sadly that he has an unfinished drawing of his mother. Within the toolkit, carefully folded. Adyel wanted to cry, but a voice was telling him 'be strong my little hero, your future will turn out better than you imagine.' Adyel looked around confused to whom the voice was. He soon gave up. He noticed a sign on a building that read 'Farsons Home for Orphans' hr almost did cry. Holding back tears, hhhis legs began to wobble.

He didn't want to leave home, he wished he could go back. But he doesn't even know where to travel to. He knows for a fact that his birthplace was Riverfall. And his ignorant father left him and his mother the day he was born. All of this made no sense to Adyel what so ever. He dropped back his pace and let the nice women open the door before them.

The room seemed welcoming enough, but it didn't remind of Adyel of home. He felt a bit trapped. And even more confused than before they came to this city. There was a lady standing behind a counter who seemed to be reading a book, bored at the moment for she does not have any burned l business to tend with as of currently.

She looked up at the two newcomers. The others seemed to be waiting for the women outside. "Hello my dearies, what can I do for you two?" The young lady smiles at the caretaker. And patted Adyels shoulder. "I have come here to have young Adyel here to be held in your care madam."

"Ah I think I have received a letter from his mother if I am correct?" She meant it as a rhetorical question. And she does not need an answer. Adyel yawned due to exhaustion. He is just ready to fall asleep where he stands. There young boy, noticed a chair sitting against a wall to the right and decided that he shall sit on it.

"Ah, here we go Liandrin Gaelson, mother of Adyel Gaelson." The caretaker cleared her throat. Looking over at Adyel with a small smile and watching him draw his picture of his mother. "Eh em, my young boy, are you or are you not Adyel Gaelson?"

Adyel almost dropped his coloring utensil that he was using. Luckily his drawing hasn't been ruined. He stood up, after placing his kit and paper on the seat where he sat. "Yes, yes, my name is Adyel Gaelson ms." She smiled as if the answer was just satisfactory enough.

"Ok good, I believe that we have things in order then." "I will send for one of my other care taker partners down to find young Adyel a room that is open for him." Adyel sat back down on the chair with his things in his lap. He carefully folded the parchment and safely put away his things inside the toolkit.
Waiting for someone to get him situated.
Last edited by Adyel on October 22nd, 2015, 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adyel on October 8th, 2015, 8:23 pm

The door opened and came with it was an awkward creek sound. Adyel almost jumped off of his chair. The young lady who is in the caravan turned around and smiled. The man also, was part of the caravan and he seemed anxious to leave. "Well what are you able to find?" He shivered adjusting to the warm temperatures inside was a bit difficult.

Adyel stood up and the young man looked at him with his right eye making Adyel feel a little uncomfortable. "Hey, she says that she is able to get him situated and we needed to wait-" the man from the caravan sighed. "Alright then, we can't wait much longer, everyone else is starting to get their feet numb."

The young caravan man smiled and gave the lady a hug and walked back outside to join in on a conversation with the others. "What is his problem?" Adyel asked with a yawn. She walked towards him with a smile and gently put both hands on both of his shoulders.

"He's been like that since I've met him." Then she gently rubbed a tear off the side of his cheek with her index finger. "Well now, where is that caretaker woman?" Adyel looked around confused. "Coming!" A man said running down a flight of stairs.

He opened a door and walked into the main office about to greet the young lady. They both shook hands and then began talking, he claims his name to be Vasos. A young man who seems to be happy enough. Adyel took on a smile at Vasos, feeling more comfortable around him. He shook Varsos's hand and smiled calmly. Then yawned once again.
"Oh I see, you must be tired huh?"

Adyel nodded. He was exhausted. He just wanted to lay in a bed and sleep for the next day or so. "Hey there, you must be Adyel correct?" Adyel nodded again and wished that he didn't have stood up. "Yes my name is Adyel." He said grimly.

"Well Adyel, nice to meet you." Vasos shook Adyels hand. Varsos turned back to the young woman. "Well I can take care of the rest. You can go back with the others that are standing outside." The youndlg woman nodded, and gave Adyel a nice warm hug before leaving the building. "Things will get better, you just have to wait Adyel." The young woman told Adyel. And as she left Adyel waved goodbye to the caravan. Who are attending to their needs before they set off again.

Vasos turned towards Adyel and assured him that everything is going to be alright. Not many times does Adyel have to be told. He almost wished that the lady could adopt him. But that sounds a bit selfish. And if she did adopt him, he would have to travel through dangerous weather conditions. And as well as long distances. Varsos asked for Adyels pack.

Adyel handed it to him and he was lead to a courtyard. Various statues are around the perimeter of the field. And father down to the East Wing, was what is known to be the living area for the children.
Adyels stomach rumbled in hunger and nervousness. But Vasos seems to only assume that it must be the hunger.

Adyel was lead through the East Wing and they had rounded a corner through the damaged section. Although it does not look entirely bad, the place is still liveable. They turned down another wooden corridor. Doors lined on either sides, and within those doors either held other Orphans, or were just storage.

Varsos lead them a bit deeper, and stopped at a door. "Well here we are." Varsos pushed open the door to the empty room. Well not completely. The room had a mattress with a metal base. And legs that support the base are rusted a bit on the bottom part of the poles. Four poles of the base were sticking out on every corner of the bed.

A desk stood against the wall on the left side of the room and a chest, in front of the bed was placed carefully. To avoid scratches on the floor Adyel assumes. Windows were luckily in the room, a view of the city streets and tops of each and every mountain. "Thank you Mr. Varsos." Varsos smiled and replied "Anytime, I'll come get you after a few chimes alright?" Adyel nodded. The bed seemed comfortable enough to sleep in at least.

Adyel placed his art toolkit on the desk, carefully. He slipped off his shoes and trudged to the bed exhaustedly. The young boy slipped into the bed and wrapped the covers around him instantly falling asleep. "Sweet dreams Adyel." Vasos whispered after placing his bag on a near by hook.

Who knew that traveling is exhausting?
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adyel on October 12th, 2015, 8:09 pm

A few chimes later, Vasos came in after a gentle knock on the bedroom door. Adyel awoke feeling refreshed and energetic. The rest felt good. It made Adyel feel good, after days of walking his feet have been sore.

Vasos' appearance made him remember that he is at Zeltiva, but he wished he was back at home with his mother. He wished so badly, and though he would never be able to see her again. He wished with all his might and silently prayed to the gods that he can see his mother again.

"Well, rise and shine my little one," Vasos said with a warm smile. Adyel sat up. Stretching his arms upwards and yawning at the same time until he brings his arms back down. The bed groaned with the movements. Indicating it's age. It must be an old bed then.

The sun is still up, though it seems to be in the afternoon. The horizon glimmers with a wonderful orange and purple glow, from what Adyel can see tilting his head towards the window. He swung his little legs across the bed an gently placed them on the hard wooded floor.

"Is it lunch time already?" Adyel asked with tiredness. "Why yes it is, did you sleep well Adyel?" The young Kelvick slipped his feet in his boots and started walking towards the door. Vasos explains "We will soon bring your things to a dormitory where you would be staying with your... new friends. Or family."

Adyel was anxious to get out of the room. It felt...Creepy sleeping in a room all by himself. "How come the other kids were left to adoption?" Adyel asked feeling upset for the other kids who have to be orphans. "Well you see, most parents like yours they either weren't able to fully take care of them, or they were... Ill." Adyel frowned, he knows that he hasn't been the only one who has been brought to an orphanage like he has.

It didn't take too long, the two had reached dining hall. And once they opened the doors, chatting of high volume was dispersed by kids ask around the room. Adyel wanted to cover his ears, never experiencing something this loud before.

Some kids took glances back at Adyel and went back to eating thier lunch and chatting. Adyel was showne to a table with an interesting group of kids. Adyel counted four at this table. Vasos explains to the kids how Adyel is a new member and he would need some new friends, or family. Adyel blushed a bit. His cheeks turned pink.

Lucky that the room was dim. So it could be hard to tell that he was blushing. The group of kids seemed eager to show Adyel around and getting to know him. They seeemed to be friendly beings and Adyel wouldn't mind having be shown where to go.

Once Adyel gets situated he could possibly send a letter to his brother. Tell him what was going on and ask if he can visit Adyel. Adyel happily sat on a bench.

The future can hold many possibilities.
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adyel on October 12th, 2015, 8:09 pm

A few chimes later, Vasos came in after a gentle knock on the bedroom door. Adyel awoke feeling refreshed and energetic. The rest felt good. It made Adyel feel good, after days of walking his feet have been sore.

Vasos' appearance made him remember that he is at Zeltiva, but he wished he was back at home with his mother. He wished so badly, and though he would never be able to see her again. He wished with all his might and silently prayed to the gods that he can see his mother again.

"Well, rise and shine my little one," Vasos said with a warm smile. Adyel sat up. Stretching his arms upwards and yawning at the same time until he brings his arms back down. The bed groaned with the movements. Indicating it's age. It must be an old bed then.

The sun is still up, though it seems to be in the afternoon. The horizon glimmers with a wonderful orange and purple glow, from what Adyel can see tilting his head towards the window. He swung his little legs across the bed an gently placed them on the hard wooded floor.

"Is it lunch time already?" Adyel asked with tiredness. "Why yes it is, did you sleep well Adyel?" The young Kelvick slipped his feet in his boots and started walking towards the door. Vasos explains "We will soon bring your things to a dormitory where you would be staying with your... new friends. Or family."

Adyel was anxious to get out of the room. It felt...Creepy sleeping in a room all by himself. "How come the other kids were left to adoption?" Adyel asked feeling upset for the other kids who have to be orphans. "Well you see, most parents like yours they either weren't able to fully take care of them, or they were... Ill." Adyel frowned, he knows that he hasn't been the only one who has been brought to an orphanage like he has.

It didn't take too long, the two had reached dining hall. And once they opened the doors, chatting of high volume was dispersed by kids ask around the room. Adyel wanted to cover his ears, never experiencing something this loud before.

Some kids took glances back at Adyel and went back to eating thier lunch and chatting. Adyel was showne to a table with an interesting group of kids. Adyel counted four at this table. Vasos explains to the kids how Adyel is a new member and he would need some new friends, or family. Adyel blushed a bit. His cheeks turned pink.

Lucky that the room was dim. So it could be hard to tell that he was blushing. The group of kids seemed eager to show Adyel around and getting to know him. They seeemed to be friendly beings and Adyel wouldn't mind having be shown where to go.

Once Adyel gets situated he could possibly send a letter to his brother. Tell him what was going on and ask if he can visit Adyel. Adyel happily sat on a bench.

The future can hold many possibilities.
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets