Asking Permission (Liminal)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Postby Adam Coal on November 13th, 2010, 6:15 am

After the registrar's office Adam decided to go to the library to search for professor Stonemiller, and ask if he would be allowed to learn magic in the university. "I wonder what kind of guy is the professor and if he would really let me learn flux"Adam thought "Hope I can find him soon. I mean, how big could the library be?"

A few minutes later Adam walked into the library, and as he looked at the aisles and aisles of books he says a quick prayer to whichever deity was listening. He was not usually religious but he was nervous about being allowed to learn flux and he was unsure of how he was going to find the professor in such a huge place, he didn't even know how he looks like.

After searching without success Adam was ready to just leave the Library and find a place to stay the night, when he saw a man reading a book, he decides to just ask if he knew where this professor Stonemiller was. "Excuse me?" Adam said, the man raised his eyes from his book to give Adam an annoyed stare, not intimidated Adam continued "Do you know where exactly is professor Stonemiller?"
Adam Coal
Delinquent

Words: 3944
Joined roleplay: September 24th, 2010, 1:33 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Liminal on November 19th, 2010, 6:01 pm

(38th Day of Fall 510 AV)

The man was seated in a plush chair, deeply engrossed in an old, thick book. He did not seem to hear Adam approach, and did not stir until the other man spoke. Then he looked up, his eyes tired, as if he had been there for a long, long time.

"I'm Professor Stonemiller," he said -- and then didn't immediately say anything else at all. The silence, made even more pronounced by the library's vast stillness, might have been awkward, although by the look on his face, the Professor did not find it so.

"I don't believe I've made your acquaintance before," Stonemiller said. "How can I be of assistance to you?"
Liminal
Atelerix albiventris

Words: 256313
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2009, 7:09 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Staff account
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)