PM to join [ The Bronze Woods ] An Unexpected Meeting [Vaticus Cartier]

Thyme meets a most intersting somone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[ The Bronze Woods ] An Unexpected Meeting [Vaticus Cartier]

Postby Thyme on November 8th, 2015, 8:32 am

515AV 43rd of fall

It was around noon and the sun had just reached its peak in the sky. And on this particular day in the bronze woods, there was a lone huntress, yet she was not on a hunt today. Thyme was out on a stroll taking time to familiarize herself the surrounding area. She took in a deep breath of the crisp noon air "If I had my bow on me, I'm sure that I could bag some descent game." Continuing on with her little exploration trip. Thyme eventually came across a reasonable sized clearing in the woods, and some rather large trees "Looks as good a place as any.." Thyme decide that she would take a small rest here, Walking up to one of the trees that was bordering the clearing. She ran a hand up and down the thick, rough trunk, after doing so she looked up at the tree and smiled. "Bet it took you quite some time to get to where you are now, huh?" Thyme admired the beauty of nature. This is where she belonged, out here yet she could not yet be independent of city. She could not yet Survive on her own, Thyme placed her back against the trunk of the tree and slowly slid down it. Finally coming to rest at the base of the trunk, Thyme drew her knees in towards her chest and sighed. "Maybe one day I could come back her, maybe set up camp, what do you think big guy?" She reached up with the back side of her hand and patted the tree. She snuggled herself against the tree and began to nod off, Thyme was unable to resist the pull of sleep, It's deep and welcoming embrace. A few moments later she would fall asleep and slowly she slumped to the side. And began to lightly snore, it would be able quite noticeable to anyone walking by.
"~Virtus junxit mors non separabit ~"
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Words: 21816
Joined roleplay: October 17th, 2015, 6:49 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Vaticus Cartier on November 8th, 2015, 6:07 pm

Shallow footsteps echoed as the males’ heels impacted the ground. Gusts of wind blew and the gentle breeze caused the males hair to flutter about. A smile crept across the males’ visage; which revealed his pearly white teeth. Midnight-clad in his leather “armor” this appeared to be rather thin; with wrinkles noticeably upon both sleeves of the torso piece. Today had been somewhat of a cooler tempered day, and he’d felt absolutely relaxed.

He continued to pace forth before he laid eyes on a woman in the middle of the woods. Did she not know exactly how much danger she’d gotten herself into? He could’ve very easily been a bandit; with an intention to kill the woman or steal her goods. However lucky for her he hadn’t intended to harm her in any fashion.

He immediately knelt down at her side, and placed a hand upon the womans shoulder gently; as a means to wake her. He most certainly didn’t want any harm to come her way and he figured that he should warn her. He hadn’t been afraid of being physically harmed; after all she was a woman and appeared to have a rather frail physique. He shook the woman with a firm grasp of her shoulder, but only slightly as not to frighten her.

A few gentle and soft words rolled off of his tongue.

“Hey, get up gal’ I don’t think you realize what in blazes you are doing resting out here. Do you not know that I could’ve killed you whilist you slept? Bandits are a commonplace out here, and you would have to be an idiot to be caught dead sleeping out here. Get up and get moving.” He spoke whilst he observed the womans features a bit more.

She appeared to have silky smooth skin, with long and absolutely gorgeous hair; she’d been quite the beautiful woman. He questioned rather or not she was truly human. Due to the fact that she possessed what seemed like almost unnatural beauty.

My Speech | My Thoughts | Other's Speech
Vaticus Cartier
The Reliquary of Secrets

Words: 14601
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2015, 2:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Thyme on November 8th, 2015, 7:28 pm

Laying peacefully and without out the slightest clue that there was a stranger in the vicinity. Thyme hadn't stirred till the Stranger place his hand apon her shoulder. Even then it wasn't a particularly conscious reaction, Thyme rolled over and mumbled "I'll be up in a few chimes..." she had said this particularly quiet. But then she was shook, now this triggered a rather hostile response from thyme, as she didn't enjoy being woken prematurely. "I told you! I'd be up In a...." Her words trailed off into silence, as she had just realized. She was awoken by another being, a stranger at that. As he spoke, thyme wasn't focused on the man's tone of voice, more. What he had said, and Thyme had only really caught a small portion the sentence. "could’ve killed you whilist you slept." Thyme's body went rigid, and it would be apparent to the man. That this woman was either about to bolt. Or start swinging, All the while she kept a single thought in the back of her head. Why had she been so stupid to allow herself to fall asleep, in the middle of the woods?...Slowly she rolled over so that she could face the stranger "I-I've nothing of value, on my person. So, take what I have, a-and do what you will of me.." There was a subtle hit of fear in her voice. She had no way of telling what the man's motive might be, and one of her greatest fear was that of the unknown. Other than her voice, she managed to keep relative composure, and maintained as little eye contact as possible. Slowly Thyme began to sit up and moved so that she was leaning on the base of the tree's trunk. And as she done so a few strands of her hair fell over her left eye.
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Vaticus Cartier on November 9th, 2015, 6:07 am

A sigh exited the males’ lips as he observed the woman. Fear carried a very familiar expression, and he made note of how the womans tone of voice changed. Her voice became softer then what it had initially been the moment. He immediately noticed how tense the woman became the moment he spoke the words “I could’ve killed you whilst you slept.” He’d indeed caused the woman to be fear-stricken and he immediately responded with an apology. He knew that in her current state of fatigue she might’ve been dazed at the time being, and he likely startled the life out of her.

“I’ve got nothing of value--- Take what I have and do what you will of me.” The sentence rang in his ears, and he’d almost felt like she taunted him. She tempted him, and beckoned him to take advantage of the current situation. Despite the fact that he was given an opportunity, and would’ve seized it under normal circumstances he knew far better than that. He still had a moral standard to uphold, and knew how disgusting it’d be to take advantage of a woman. For a brief moment he locked eyes with her, and silence overcame the “conversation.”

Vaticus closed his mouth momentarily, and then spoke once more.

“Listen here, Lass. I don’t want to take advantage of you, and I most certainly do not intend to harm you. Yet, if you are going to offer an opportunist a chance to take something from you.. Then allow me to take your time from you, and you could simply let me enjoy your company, Temptress. Tell me what your name is.”

He spoke and offered up a comforting and incredibly friendly smile.

He removed his hand from the womans shoulder, and gently gripped the womans bicep. He hadn’t known her for more than a single moment, but he already knew precisely what he’d do. If he could find a companion to keep him company perhaps he would find a true friend in her.

She hadn’t realized that he attempted to protect her rather than harm her. If anything he only had the best intentions for her, and wished to keep her away from bandits. He thought he’d warn her immediately afterward; so that she wouldn’t be careless enough to make this mistake again.

Hopefully she would accept his proposition and spend time with him. If not then he would go about this in a much more forceful route in order to teach her a lesson. He made a swift observation about her; her eyes were very odd. She most certainly wasn’t “Normal” by any means and he intended to find out exactly why her eyes were this way. He would find out later on, rather or not he truly wanted to. He knew that if she stuck around long enough she’d carelessly reveal the truth.

Vaticus Cartier
The Reliquary of Secrets

Character sheet

Postby Thyme on November 9th, 2015, 4:32 pm

“Listen here, Lass. I don’t want to take advantage of you, and I most certainly do not intend to harm you" Thyme took a moment to let his words run through her head. The stranger seems to mean well, but the again he was just that a stranger. She sighed and tried to hold eye contact with him, she was no longer on edge. Yet she hadn't allowed her self to relax, around this man. Not yet anyways "allow me to take your time from you, and you could simply let me enjoy your company, Temptress. Tell me what your name is.”

She raised an eyebrow, and moved the strand of hair that was obstructing her left eye. "My name is Thyme... I don't suppose that I can get your name seeing as how you've mine now." It was after a few moments of thought that Thyme hadn't thought. of this stranger as a threat, as it wasn't totally uncommon for two strangers to travel together in the wilderness. For safety or the sake of social interaction, although he was too kind, maybe that was in his nature, maybe the man had ulterior motives. Either way Thyme shrugged it off, using the tree trunk as support, Thyme stood up and stretched. Her limbs were becoming stiff from all of that sitting, and her brief nap.

"So... what brings you all the way out here into the bronze woods, hmm? Not many come out here without purpose" Thyme took a moment to fix her clothing, and straighten her hair. By simply running her fingers through it, after she had finished that she took a moment to brush off all of the dirt. That had gotten on her while she slept, the she turned her back to the stranger and asked "Would you be so kind as to brush off anything that I missed?" If he meant well, she assumed that he'd have no problem with doing this for her. whether he had, or hadn't, Thyme would turn around and sighed "So, will we depart together? or part here, going our own separate ways?"
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Vaticus Cartier on November 10th, 2015, 1:02 am

“My name is Thyme.” He heard the woman speak in a soft tone. Vaticus listened to majority of the words that she spoke and ignored the unnecessary. People tended to use excess amounts of words when they spoke, and Vaticus intended to only hear what was of importance to him. The very moment she asked him to look her over and ensure that no more debris had been present; he had a remedy for the solution. She’d given him yet another opportunity, and he figured that she hadn’t been one of those tyrannical and idiotic knights of the Syliran order.

He simply stood from his crouched position, and his knees unbent. He took a step back, and a wide smile still remained on his face. He smiled at the woman to re-assure her he wasn’t going to harm her, and he proceeded to exude a bit of res. He knew very well that he could’ve attracted the winds, but in this case he chose to transmute them as a means to remove debris. “Alright, I’ll remove the rest of what is on you. Don’t move.” He spoke whilst he proceeded to exude a bit of res in a gaseous state, transparent and yet only visible when one paid close attention.

He eyed the woman sharply, and his concentration became incredibly sharp for a brief moment. The male raised his right arm and extended his digits; he exposed the palm of his hand to the woman and allowed the res to continuously exit the pores of his skin. He attempted to control the res whilst it was a mere four inches from his palm. He closed his eyes for a brief moment, and focused on the concept of Motion.

He concentrated further on fluid motion. Before he began to transmute the res into a simplistic gust of wind, and he attempted to project it in the womans direction. With a deep exhalation he’d blown a somewhat-powerful gust in her direction. He smiled and watched closely as the remainder of the debris had simply been swept away. Vaticus immediately returned to his crouched position at her side afterward and spoke in response to her question.

“Shall we part ways or will we depart together.” The temptress by the name of Thyme spoke to him.

Vaticus responded with a simplistic answer. “I wouldn’t dare leave A lass like you out here on your own. I highly doubt you’ll be able to protect yourself from the bandits that lurk about in these woods. “ Once more he concluded his speech with a smile.

Vaticus Cartier
The Reliquary of Secrets

Character sheet

Postby Thyme on November 12th, 2015, 3:41 am

Thyme sighed as the stranger avoided two of her questions. Now not only didn't she know his name, she didn't know his reason for being all the way out here. Thyme decided that it would be better to ask the same questions later on. And in a different form, perhaps this would yield results

She crossed her arms after he crouched down to remove the rest of the debris. "Thank you, I almost thought you wouldn't she laughed nervously, Thyme questioned what he was doing back there, and why it was taking him so long. And suddenly she was buffed by a strong gust of wind, this caused her to shiver. It was already chilly enough out here, and that didn't help any. "W-what was that? Did you use magic?

Thyme turned around to face him, when the man started to get up. She was about to say something when the man began to speak."I wouldn’t dare leave A lass like you out here on your own. I highly doubt you’ll be able to protect yourself from the bandits that lurk about in these woods. " Thyme frowned, as the man hadn't thought very highly of her. Even though he was somewhat right, she hated it when people saw her as defenseless.

He concluded his speech with a smile. "Well if we are to travel together, where are we to go hmm? She laced her finger and waited his response. Even she had received a minimalist answer, she would be happy Thyme hated being kept in the dark. Thyme locked eyes with the stranger and crossed her arms "You never told me what you were doing out here. After a moment of pause and a sigh Nor did you tell me your name.Thyme looked over the strange man once more. "You don't look like a mage.."
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal

Postby Vaticus Cartier on November 18th, 2015, 1:21 am

“Well if we are to travel together, where are we to go, hmm?” The woman asked, and Vaticus simply looked the woman in the eye for a moment. The obvious answer had been that they’d return to the city immediately. He ignored her first question however about the use of magic; that was to be kept confidential. He wouldn’t dare allow anyone to find out rather or not he used magic. He was well aware of the fact that he’d be in potential danger had he answered. However he would make sure that she knew his name before they began the journey.

“You never told me what you were doing out here, nor did you tell me your name” He raised a brow immediately when the woman spoke.

He had been tempted to angrily snap at the woman the moment she’d made that statement. What his business here was; was most certainly none of her business. Vaticus hated being questioned, but he played along with the womans foolish word-play for now. He responded to the second question with “My name is Vaticus…” He didn’t care to ramble or deliver nonsensical words. He wouldn’t under any circumstance say too much more then what was needed to be said.

He knew very well that anyone who answered too many questions was bound to eventually give themselves away. He didn’t intend to be known as a mage, and he surely wanted to keep that a secret. The woman could’ve been a knight for all he knew, or perhaps a bandit herself. The moment he finished his speech he looked at her once more. Vaticus quickly realized that; if she was indeed a bandit he would need to keep her at somewhat of a distance. He didn’t trust the woman in the least bit, but he would most certainly help her if need be.

Vaticus knew without a doubt that she was potentially dangerous. Therefore he carried on and made a rather odd request. He parted his lips and spoke “If you do intend to travel with me you will follow these instructions. You will walk in front of me and you will stay that way the entire time. The moment you move any closer to me... I will assume that you are hostile, and I will retaliate… heavily. We’re heading back to the city immediately.”. He spoke and the final words of his speech became raspy as mucus compiled in his throat a bit.

He cleared his throat before he eyed the woman and awaited her next motion. Would it be a surprise attack and an ambush? Perhaps, but if it had been he’d be fully prepared, or at least he thought he would. The woman’s eyes pestered him and regardless of how much he thought about it he couldn’t quite wrap his mind around why they were that color. Why her skin had been so incredibly smooth, and what was with her tone of voice. She just couldn’t have been “Normal”. Vaticus only grew more suspicious as the moments passed.
Vaticus Cartier
The Reliquary of Secrets

Character sheet

Postby Thyme on November 18th, 2015, 6:40 pm

Once Thyme had finished asking him about where they were to go the Stranger briefly made eye contact, and again. Ignored it, and he had done the same with her comment, She sighed and crossed her arms it would appear that she was to receive very little information out of this man. Why would she, he had every right to not trust her, just as she didn't trust him. “My name is Vaticus…” Thyme nodded, and said nothing, if this Vaticus fellow was going to be quiet. And wasn't going to disclose simple information, nor was she going to.

Even though she hadn't anything to hide, and she wasn't up to anything Bad she decided that it was best not to tell him. It was then that he had said the most since the two met “If you do intend to travel with me you will follow these instructions. You will walk in front of me and you will stay that way the entire time. The moment you move any closer to me... I will assume that you are hostile, and I will retaliate… heavily. We’re heading back to the city immediately.” She thought about telling him to go plow himself, and head in a separate direction. After all that was a tall request considering that they had just met, but instead Thyme decided to go along with it, she coughed and locked eyes with Vaticus

"Unfortunately I can't accept those terms, as I would ask of you the same, that being said it would seem that you are going to have to work out different terms. If I am to follow you, while I am in favor of following you I will not be accompanying you for long if you head into that city. As I have no business with it, and it has none with me. Thyme took a step in his direction and locked eyes with him. "I would ask if we absolutely must head into the city that you make it quick, I despise the knights and its general populace"

Thyme knew her way to the city from here and began off in its direction, she would give Vaticus very little time to think about what she said.
One way or the other, they would be heading in the same direction. Besides she managed to get all the way out to where she currently was. Surely she wouldn't have any trouble making her way back to the city, or at least to her camp site. Thyme whipped her hair to the side and adjusted her cloak as she left.
Threads 3/6
Thyme
Seer of Truth

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal