Charodae and Konti Question

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Treachery on August 22nd, 2015, 10:50 pm

This came up in chat and it got me curious cause I have no idea if this is possible but; Can a Konti or Charoda breathe in with their gills/skin and then out through their mouth to produce enough air to help another PC that is underwater breathe? We were assuming mouth to mouth contact here.

I look forward to an answer. :)
Due to exams probably won't be posting again until after the 20th of May
Common | Others talking Common | Zithanese | Others talking Zithanese
8/8 threads
Treachery
The Treacherous Zith

Words: 64860
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2014, 10:19 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Graham Whipmane on November 29th, 2015, 11:11 am

It could be possible. IRL we exhale about 16% oxygen along with the rest being nitrogen, so it would be possible to deliver a small amount of oxygen over to someone else. That being said, I really doubt that would be enough oxygen to keep someone lucid, so maybe in a rescue attempt it would be useful, but that's about it.

Not sure if all of that even applies to the Charoda and Knoti though, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

*Replies will be slower until Jobthread's have been completed*
Graham Whipmane
Player

Words: 59773
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2015, 9:47 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on November 29th, 2015, 2:08 pm

It's definitely NOT possible. Oxygen exchange in those creatures in oceanic environments takes place on the gills. They inhale and exhale water and do oxygen exchanges from the water on the surface of the gills. They do not exhale any gasses when they do this, only water. So in truth its not possible AT ALL.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)