[Flashback] Miles (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

[Flashback] Miles (Solo)

Postby Tebridiar on November 20th, 2010, 10:28 am

Day 24, Fall

How many miles now?

This little band of travellers knew the land well, but they were not overly friendly. In fact, barely did they talk at all, except in hushed whispers to eachother, in a strange tongue not even Tebridiar could understand.

Her hooves ached, she hated the heavy pack on her back. She couldn't gallop off into the grass, she was bound by thick rope around her kneck. Her Master maintained an iron grip around this rope. He was always surprisingly strong, even in his old age.

The old man sighed. His feet were weary too, but it would all be worth it. He had his prize, his beautiful slave, and all who saw her would be envious. He smiled to himself, and the horse beside him wondered what he was thinking about. It didnt take too much thought or imagination. Even a non-kelvic animal with a bit of information on the backstory of the pair could work it out.

The travellers began to hum a solemn tune, their laterns held out before them. Tebridiars Master rolled his eyes. He had no time for songs. He wanted to get to Endykas as quickly as possible.

"Hey! Hello!" He called harshly, some of the travellers throwing him dissaproving looks.

"Quiet, sir. Other things, they could hear. Not good." This obviously wasn't his main language.

"Look, all I want to know is how far away Endrykas is?" The old man grumbled loudly. "Can any of you nomads tell me that? It is the only reason I came with you, you know."

The travellers conferred quickly between them selves, quietly buzzing away. The oldest member of the group stopped, then everyone else did too. He seemed to smell the air for a few moments, looked around for a few moments. He eventually pointed to a log on the ground, with a few scores across its bark.

"Two day away. Maybe two and half a day, depend on how fast we tread and how long we rest. Not many miles left." The old man studied the bark closer. "Yes. Two day quickest. If we lucky, we reach Endrykas before the darkest hour on the 26th Day of the Fall. Now, move on." And he began to hum to himself, and everyone else copied him. Except Master.

"Bloody Drykas. Or whatever they are. Talk in riddles and in their own bloody language. I can't wait untill Im shot of them, and I have you all to myself. Just remember, in Endrykas, don't tell anyone. Remember what I told you, my pet. The world doesn't like Kelvics. Im doing you a favour, sweet." He whispered to the horse, out of earshot from the content travellers.

Tebridiar felt mixed feelings. How did she know people didn't like Kelvics? Whats wrong with us, she thought.

Only two more days.

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)