OOC Info Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!

This is the sign up thread for acquisition of superpowers. This is limited to Riverfall's plot 'The Powers of Winter' for 515 AV. If you are interested, post within to opt in and play in the city's plot.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Behind the Waterfall (BtW) is Riverfalls Development and Contest Forum. Designed to support the IC forum in an OOC way, BtW contains The Suggestion Box, all Riverfall's design contests, the Perk Center, and a place for Rivarians - regardless of whether they are storytellers or not - to work on any kind of Riverfall Project they might need. BtW also contains all the discussion threads Rivarians need to support the RP in their city.

Yes! I Do Want To RP Playing With Superpowers!

Postby Gossamer on December 30th, 2015, 12:43 am

Mo- Very nice choice. Granted. I think it has huge rp potential too.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Namorin Xalvratos on December 31st, 2015, 7:24 pm

Description: Wind Travel. Because Namorin/Charlain are Stormwardens and bear the first mark of Zulrav they have always felt a kinship with the wind and storms. It was actually this that brought them to Zulrav’s attention. Many times Namorin and Charlain would stand in a strong wind wondering what it would be like to ride the wind. In his combined mind it seemed as if the wind could speak to him and wanted him to come with it. With the onset winter that dream became more of a reality. He discovered that the wind sounds like a soft voice calling to him. It isn’t language, but it registers in his brain. Its more than that though. Now if he jumps into a wind or raises his arms his body can ride the wind.

How It Works: There has to be a wind, and the strength of the wind is a factor. He mount the wind as it were. This can be done by either jumping into the wind or spreading his arms out like he is flying. A breeze could carry him a couple of yards. The stronger the wind the farther it could carry him. Regardless of the strength of the wind it never really lifts him higher then he can jump off the ground. To stop he needs to either lower his arms or jump again to “ jump off” the ride, or until the wind drops him. He travels with the wind so where it goes he goes. The only change to this is breezes which he can control with his level one stormwardn gnosis.

Advantage: He can move as quick as the wind between two points.
With his Gnosis he can exert some control over the wind and if his mark increases the more control he can exert. Even at lower levels this will require practice.
It brings him closer to Zulrav.

Disadvantage: He can’t control were the wind is going if stronger than his gnosis. Even then there will be practice required. So that means if he isn’t paying attention he could run into things.
If he ever raises his arms or jumps in a wind he will be carried away weather or not it was intentional.
Depending of the strength he could find himself tumbling along with the wind, until he has developed some control.

Limitation: There has to be a breeze/wind or something like that.
The distances he can travel based on the wind.
Breeze = up to two yards
Wind = a mile
Strong wind = 2 miles
Wind storm = 10 miles
He doesn’t fly. He only goes as high as he jumps if he jumped. If he raises his arms he only goes about two inches off the ground.
Namorin Xalvratos
Whisper on the Wind

Words: 37562
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 4th, 2016, 2:41 am

Namorin - I like this power, however, there's a few things to think of. Winds on Mizahar are sentient. Breezes, zephyrs, all sorts of things are. They speak a language that Namorin can understand as a Stormwarden. I think Namorin would have to talk them into taking him. And I don't think a small breeze could carry him anywhere, not being strong enough at all in his full physical form with all his weight. However....

I think it would have to be a decently strong wind or his body would have to somehow dissolve to become a thing of nothing - grains of sand or particles of light - that the wind would blow along. Then small breezes could move him. Hurricanes could take him hundreds of miles. However, I think this needs limits because we've always traditionally limited travel on Miz.

So... those limits could be... doesn't transfer his clothing/money/weapons... so just him as particles of light/sand ... or his stuff gets transferred with him.. which is fine by me.. but hes limited to moving say 50-100 miles a day.

So here's my suggestion...

1. Hes got to talk the winds into it as a stormwarden
2. He doesn't go as himself but dissolves into light or sand and gets blown.
3. His stuff goes with him but hes limited to 50-100 miles a day.

If he stays in his normal form, only really strong winds can move him, and he can't go very far.. maybe ten miles a day?

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ialari Pythone on January 4th, 2016, 2:53 am

The power I'm requesting involves Ialari's blood being able to transform inanimate objects into living, breathing snakes. Inanimate objects between 12 inches and 12 feet can be transformed, uncontrollably at first but once realized it can be voluntary, into snakes.

These snakes are very much like the common Sikuva snake except for being jet black in color with silver striping patterns. Said snakes, being born of Ialari's blood, bare a bond similar to that of L1 Izentor in that Ialari can recognize them on sight and they share a bond. This bond causes the snakes to be more docile and comfortable around Ialari and will respond somewhat better to her Animal Husbandry attempts. They are non-venomous and feed on insects if they are small or rodents if they are larger. The snakes, once transformed, are full living, mundane creatures.

The creation of the snakes takes much more than a drop or two of blood. A healthy smear is required to transform smaller specimens while the largest can take a rather unhealthy amount to change. Objects must be of the type that could be considered snake-like. This means they have some sort of length to them and may or may not have a coil, curl or twist. Examples include (non-magical/mundane): rope, sticks, branches, staves and basically any weapon, tool, object 12 inches to 12 feet with the diameter equal to a snake of comparable size.

There is no limit to the number of snakes she can create however the loss of blood with the larger ones is such that it creates an obvious limit. Following their initial creation, they are treated as though they were a new species of snake similar to the Sikuva yet with notable, if cosmetic, differences. They would thrive most in places that Ialari finds most appealing and share many of her more base instincts. Due to their bond and shared blood with Ialari, their life-span is extended as is their basic reliance. Their intelligence remains that of snake with an instinctual acceptance of Ialari.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on January 4th, 2016, 3:46 am

Ialari- Approved. Very interesting power.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ssenislin on January 4th, 2016, 7:16 am

I think it would be good fun for Ssenislin to be able to temporarily loan out some of his strength to others through his blood. To use an example, if John Doe wanted to borrow some reptilian brawn, he'd drink a bit of Ssenislin's blood, at which point John's strength would increase to that of the average constrictor Dhani (2x that of an average human) for the next six hours. Ssenislin's strength on the other hand would diminish by half (from 4x to 2x) for the same period of time. When the six hours are up both Ssenislin and John Doe's strength return to normal. Not really much more to it than that, though hopefully it'll enable some really neat plots. :)
Ssenislin
Gourmandizer

Words: 21124
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2015, 11:50 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Namorin Xalvratos on January 4th, 2016, 8:08 pm

Description: Wind Travel. Because Namorin/Charlain are Stormwardens and bear the first mark of Zulrav they have always felt a kinship with the wind and storms. It was actually this that brought them to Zulrav’s attention. Many times Namorin and Charlain would stand in a strong wind wondering what it would be like to ride the wind. In his combined mind they could hear the winds whispering about seeing faraway places and the thrill of traveling above the ground. Now he has discovered that he can dissolve into particles of light and travel the wind.

How It Works: There has to be a wind for him to do it. He has to speak to the wind, which he can do being a Stormwarden, and ask for them to carry him. If the wind agrees he steps into the wind and then will dissolve into particular of light. This includes anything he is wearing or holding, including a small backpack. Any large luggage gets left behind. When he talks to the breeze he needs to ask to ride it, and if he would like it to take him some were specific he also needs to ask it to carry him there and get agreement. With his first level stormwarden mark he is able to summon a breeze for the purpose of traveling, but once summoned he still has to ask the wind to carry him. Once he is ready to get off the wind. He thanks the wind for the ride, and then will reassemble on the spot. He can only travel about 50 to 100 miles in a day before his body has to reassemble and will do so of its own will. At first the particles will just kind of float together, but with practice he could actually control his particles, regardless though they won’t stray far from each other.

Advantage: He can travel distances fairly quickly on the wind.
He has a Stormwarden mark already and traveling the wind should attract Zulrav’s attention.
He can take his gear with him, and can only use purely mental skills.

Disadvantage: He has to ask both for a ride and a destination. This could involved some negotiation especially for more powerful winds.
He has to travel as particles of light which means he can’t use any skill requiring a physical reaction.

Limitation: There has to be a wind, and it has to be willing to take a rider.
He can only go up to 50 to 100 miles in a day.
He can only take gear he can reasonable hold. So no he couldn’t take like a horse.
Namorin Xalvratos
Whisper on the Wind

Words: 37562
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 12th, 2016, 1:32 am

Sorry for the delay guys!

Ssenislin - Approved!

Namorin Xalvratos - Approved!

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Aleron on January 20th, 2016, 9:22 am

Helpful Creations

Creations Aleron is working on or has finished crafting begin to communicate with those touching them, as well as at a 20' distance for Aleron himself. These objects communicate in feelings to warn of their health or needs but are not intelligent enough to hold a conversation or respond to commands except to assist Aleron in their creation. A sword made with this gift will warn the wielder of its dull blade, that it might shatter in cold weather, or that it is beginning to rust. It will not, however, move on its own, nor will it warn of a glassbeak standing behind you or that a blade is being swung at you.

While Aleron is fashioning an item, it will communicate with him and assist him on the creation process as soon as it has begun to take basic shape up until its finished form. He can ask it questions that are answered with feelings, and order it to perform small tasks to aid in its creation provided he himself can replicate the result with a tool and the item is in an unfinished and malleable state such as still glowing with heat from a forge. The more experienced he is at the task itself, the more the item understands how to assist with that task. When used wisely and diligently this can reduce crafting times by roughly 1/4 for competent levels, 1/3 for expert, and 1/2 for master.

The items are shy towards those who are not Aleron, and their communication will only manifest for those that have been in prolonged contact with them for several hours although they can bond with multiple individuals.

Limitations

These objects behave well with world magic such as Animation or Magecrafting, and any intelligence within the object will be communicated with as well as the holder, rather than giving the intelligence this power directly. Maledicted legacies will not warn the bonded or the creator of their effects, but the item will communicate the health of magical structure within, upon its surface, or that it might overgive. All of these effects will vanish if the item is destroyed. The only way to get the ability back should this happen is for Aleron himself to repair it to near original condition, provided he made the item himself.
ImageImageImage
Aleron
Not A Magick Dwarf

Words: 15995
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2016, 5:31 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on January 20th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Aleron - Approved. Interesting gift. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext