Priskil

Goddess of light, hope and vigilance

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Priskil

Postby Lani Stranger on June 17th, 2014, 4:56 pm

3rd of Summer 514AV (Midnight)
Zeltiva

Lani sat up, swinging her legs over the side of the bed. Her calloused toes hit the cool wooden floor and she leaned her weight into them. Pushing off the bed with her hands, she stood, quietly. She knew the walls were thin in the dorms and he other students would be sleeping. Simply standing up would hardly wake a soul, but Lani needed to move around and do something rather than sit in her bed and wallow about things she couldn't understand.

Lightly stepping foreword once, Lani could hear her joints popping, complaining of the late-night activity. But before she knew it her feet pulled her to the edge of the room. Twirling on her thick souls, she strode back to her bed. And repeat. It was rather cramped pacing, but it kept her busy. It kept her doing things.

Could one defeat a God? Sagallius had done it. Could she? Although Lani didn't know the details of how he did it, she knew that he had been mortal once too. Magic. The word floated into her brain. It was as if you can't do anything remarkable without heavy magical influence. R'yse had always thought that magic was the best thing in the world, but Lani had seen the ups and downs of the art.

Magic was not going to get her God back. Was it? Lani turned her head to one side, feeling the pops as he upper back released pressure. Turning it to the other side, Lani let the rest of the ligaments loosen up and continued pacing. Magic. Magic. Magic. Magic.

But I shouldn't be worrying about it now. I know nothing about magic or Sagallius. I know a little bit about my own God, but I suspect there is more that I don't know. I know nothing of Priskil and so my faith wouldn't ... Priskil. Lani told herself no. She had no right to pray to the Goddess. She felt guilty in a way, like she couldn't be a good enough person to devote herself to the mysterious Goddess. All Lani knew was the Priskil was the ;embodiment of hope. That was her domain, and it seemed like a wonderful domain for Lani to loose herself in at the moment. She could use a little bit of hope ...

"Hey Priskil." Lani ended at her bed, letting herself plop into the soft sheets again. Her voice came out as a rough whispers. She never listened to herself ... "How are you?" Another pause, it seemed odd to say but it also seemed right. She imagined that a Goddess didn't get much casual conversation, no one was really interested in how she was doing when they wanted something from her. But maybe Lani was wrong. Maybe Priskil had a series of devote followers that she talked to regularly, people that Lani would never be able to meet or even live up to. Or maybe Priskil didn't care for small casual prayers like hers. Lani didn't know what to do. She had spent years as a child trying to make up her own religion, but that had turned out to be rather silly. "I hope you are doing okay. I don't think people are every really that interested in you as a person, er ... a Goddess. Is there a big difference between mortals and Gods? I want to think you guys have a broad range of feelings as well." Lani pulled her legs up to criss-cross them on the bed, black eyes staring into the black of her room. "But I read about you, in R'yse's book. Its a book that my ma gave me." Lani stood again, stepping carefully towards her desk to look for the old book. "Well, she didn't give it to me. I sort of stole it. I know, its horrible, but she was just going to ruin it. I don't know where she got the information from, but I haven't seen it around. I also haven't peeked too much into the Religion section of the Library ... it gives off an omniscient feeling, you know? Like you have to pick the right God or Goddess. Like you have to be worthy to worship them. Aha! " Lani found herself rambling quietly as she pulled the book from the stack of papers. She did it too often, rambled. But mainly it was to Aquiras. She didn't know if Priskil could hear her or not. Maybe there was ritual worship for a reason. "Anyway, this book mentions you. Albeit very briefly. You loved Aquiras, didn't you? You still do, right?" Lani went back to sit on her bead again, returning her legs to their criss-crossed position and resting the book on her lap. She opened it slowly as she talked.

"I'm going to the library tomorrow, to learn about you. Its just words, I know. But I want to learn about you. I want to do it correctly. I always mess up on these things. Always. But I'm going to try, for you. I'm going to." Lani couldn't tell exactly what she was going to do. she was going to learn about Priskil, try to figure out how to show her faith correctly. She didn't know much about he Goddess of hope other than her yearning to be devote to the Goddess. Whatever she had to do, she would do. She was ready to finally have a positive influence in her life.

PC/NPC Talking -- Common -- Kontinese -- Thoughts
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Priskil

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 8th, 2015, 3:41 am

44th day of Winter, 514 A.V ( Mid-Day. )

Sieghart steps forth in his humble home located in the Mithryn Outpost. Having been exhausted for the day, due to the fact that he'd just finished fighting a fierce battle. He'd hardly even eaten as a result of the several fights that took place as of recent. He'd been needing to take the time out of his day to pray, and it was almost as if he'd forgotten to do so. Therefore he'd immediately proceed to get down upon his knees. A man as faithful as Sieghart would willingly pray at any time, anywhere. Now he would interlock each and every one of his fingers. His palms collided with one another, and clasped together. The cerulean iris of his eye disappeared as his eyelids closed. His mind was still filled with all of the events of the past few weeks. It mattered to him very little that he was feeling like he would pass out. He was incredibly hungry, and thirsty for he'd been forgetting to feed himself.

Now his thin lips parted, and he begun to speak ; Only hoping that Priskil would hear his prayers. A tear erupted from the males right eye; The liquid runs down from his eye to his chin. He didn't even bother to wipe his visage, as he felt that breaking a prayer stance without concluding the prayer was disrespectful. All of the stresses he'd undergone in the past few weeks were weighing down upon him. As if he carried on his shoulders the weight of an Anvil. Now he begins to speak

" My lord, Bringer of hope, and faith.. May you hear me pray to you, and even if it just so happens you do not hear me I do not mind. For so long as I know that I live with faith in my heart that you are at my side. For as long as my heart shall pump blood through my veins I will serve you. I am undergoing some troubles my Lord.. I do not know what it is that I must do, but I've abandoned my Sister. I've broken a bond that was supposed to be sacred and last a lifetime. I know that I've not been praying in the past few days, and for that I apologize. I should have done a better job at preforming my duties in your name. I should have been spreading word of your good will, and I should have been more kind and shown more mercy to my opponents. I simply haven't done so, and for that I apologize. I have done wrong quite a few times in the past few days. Nothing that I do, will ever make me satisfied when it comes to spreading your will. Making you known, and making you the most renowned goddess of them all is my mission. I simply don't know rather or not I am doing a service in your name or if I am dishonoring you with my actions. I wish to become stronger, and in order to do so I abandoned the very person I cared about the most. For that my lord, I apologize I am but a simplistic man who has been thirsting for strength. A man who has practically sinned against you and I simply hope that you can forgive me. Although even if you do not forgive me I will still serve you. I will still pray to you each and every day, and I will never stop doing service in your name. For throughout the course of my entire life I have always felt you were there. Even if I've never once managed to lay eyes on you, in my heart my faith in you resides. Forever shall my faith be for you and only for you. Forever shall I call out your name in my time of need, although I shouldn't be doing such a thing. Forever shall I thank you for the very fact that I still live and breathe. Because you are to me, everything simply put. You are the reason that I am able to awake each and every one of these tiring days. You give me motivation, and strength to push through any battle that I've been in. You, are the bonding agent which holds together my shattered pride. I have everything in the world to thank you for. I have nothing to complain about and it is all thanks to you my lord. My mission is to serve you, and should my legs ever fail me on my journey.. I beg of you my lord, Show me no mercy!"

Sieghart concludes his prayer now, and yet still remains in praying position. For some day he hopes to hear a single word come from her. The most amazing goddess of them all. The only one he truly knows of, and the only one he cares to know of. He remains in this position for several minutes, and fights his instincts incredibly hard. He has a tendency to not pay attention to things. A tendency that is fought incredibly hard when he is praying. For he knows that he will attempt to do nothing that is disrespectful to his Lord. The one he has served since he was an incredibly small child. The sheer passion and strong faith he has in Priskil can be compared to that of a flame. A flame in which sets ablaze and burns down forests. A flame which is undying and dances day and night. A flame which refuses to stop it's dancing, and only grows and expands. To remove anything and cleanse the land upon which it grazes.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Priskil

Postby Sieghart Valorian on February 8th, 2015, 5:46 pm

45th day of Winter, 514 A.v

The very next morning after the other aforementioned prayer, he takes it upon himself to pray again once he awoke. He rolls out of bed and immediately as his embodiment descends upon the floor, he falls. Before rolling over onto his side and pushing himself up by making use of his hands. A yawn escaped his lips as he proceeds to get down upon his knees. Resting his elbows against the only moderately soft bed. Before clasping his hands together again, interlocking fingers with himself as he'd done so. Leaving his palms pressed together and he was once more in position to pray. Now he proceeds to close his eyes again, and begin speaking.

A warm sensation flusters throughout his entire being, he got this feeling very often when it is he said his prayers.

As his eyes close, he listens to the very solemn silence within his humble home. Although it wasn't much he had quite a bit to be thankful for, and couldn't ask for more. He was not a man who had greed in his heart, He was but a man who wished to become stronger. To make his lord known was his objective, and his daily prayer today would be a rather short one. Although it mattered little about the length, what was important was that he'd done it. Therefore he began parting his lips to speak..

"Good morning, my lord! Although you are likely not to listen to the word of a man as simplistic of myself. I thank you for allowing me to arise from bed this morning, for I could've not awoken. I could've died whilst it was I slept and rested. For even allowing me to breathe, I am to be thankful to you for. Two days ago, I did something that I thought was very wrong. I am missing my Sister dearly, and I ask that you give me the strength to continue attempting to find her. Although for now it seems like that is something that is very unlikely to occur. I do not care, I just want to find her now and it would ease my mind, put it at rest for once.. The stresses continue to pile atop me and I don't know how much more I can take. Two days ago, I harmed a man and I did so out of sheer anger.. My lord I have done wrong, and I wish to be forgiven. I just hope that I can be forgiven for my actions, and even if I suffer a consequence may you be harsh with such punishment. For I deserve it, and what I did to him was absolutely disgusting. Something that I wouldn't typically even think that I'd do to someone. I simply wish that I could find my sister my lord, Priskil.. May you continue to bathe me in hope and faith. I will need the strength of knowing that you are in my heart. For soon I plan to venture into Sunberth, and I will continue to pursue my dreams of becoming a Duelist. Even if I do not succeed I shall continue shouting my name; At the top of my lungs. I shall continue to pray, to serve and to be dedicated to you My lord. To be dedicated to you, and serve you and only you is my virtue. To ensure that I make your name known to all of the land. I shall continue to ask that you provide me with the hope and strength that I will need to continue my mission. Thank you, my lord.. Some day I know that you shall hear me and speak to me, and that day I will await even if it is for the remainder of my life. To be blessed with your voice would be fulfilling."

He concludes his speech, and awaits before he heads back off to Stormhold Castle.
Sieghart Valorian
The Noble

Words: 41710
Joined roleplay: January 6th, 2015, 7:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Priskil

Postby Alexander Faircroft on January 15th, 2016, 9:38 pm

1st Winter 515AV

7:10AM

Description "Alex Common" Alex thoughts "Myrian" "Fratava" "Others"

The frigid rays of the morning sun had done nothing to warm the bones of Alex as he stepped into the majestic space that was the temple of all gods. Taking a glance across the almost empty temple Alex took a space sitting in the back of the temple. A calm and solid breath all he took to himself as he looked down towards the loop of icons. And once again as he did whenever he had the free time he started praying. This time starting on his loop just after the watchtower. Saying a small prayer of thanks to each of the gods on his loop until he reached the small sigil of a watchtower in his hands.
He rolled the figure of a watchtower in his fingers carefully. Choosing the words with care and pride. “To Priskil, possibly the most influential of all the gods. Maybe not as powerful or as wise as some of the older gods and goddesses. But one who gives more strength and guideance than most others. The one who gifted mortals with Hope.” He paused for a second, the light airiness of his voice but a whisper barely breaking the silence that shrouded the temple. “Hope. Hope is the thing that pushes when discipline runs out. Hope is what keeps us believing in faith. Hope is what we use to take another bold step into the great unknown. Hope is what gives the strength to see another day to its end. Hope is what gives us the will to carry on. The hope to hope. A fragile and delicate thing hope is. Fleeting and easily shaken, but when hope enforces a belief...There is nothing stronger in this world.” He took a moment to think back on all that had happened in his life until this point. Weighing the good against the bad. “Priskil…I take this time to extend the deepest gratitude a single man can give. I thank you for giving me the hope to pull through the times where in my past I would have just given up. And I thank you for always giving me hope. No matter how small how thread bare how minute a chance. There was always the hope that it could work. Always the hope that there would be hope. Sometimes that’s all that’s needed. Sometimes that’s all I need.”

Rolling the small sigil of a watchtower in his fingers. He continued near silently. “I thank you for always being the guiding light at the end of the tunnels of darkness. The driving force of hope. And the purest part of my resolve. To hope for a time when people will stand as equals with no despair and no distrust.” He closed his eyes now picturing the tunnel he now faced and the faintest glimmer of hope at the end. The daylight at the end of the tunnel. “Priskil I thank you for being the guiding light in the darkness that clouds everything. For helping me see the path hidden in the doubt and the confusion. And giving me the hope of a better and brighter future. I wish I could see the end of the path but I hope, it is a path that brings me the chance to prove just how much hope means to me.” He paused for a moment considering the ramifications of his actions. “I also hope that I can inspire hope in others. Because we mere mortals are capable of amazing feats when we have the hope to see them through. This city, the very walls I speak to you in. Products of hope. Products of the gift that has been given to us.” He smiled lightly.

“I hope that one day I’d be able to meet you face to face…And thank you for the great gift you’ve shared with us all. And that one day I’d be worthy of actually having that gift.” A small soft sigh escaped him as he clasped the sigil firmly in his hand. “I didn’t mean to explode into a full speech. But the long and short of it is, thank you for always giving me the will to carry on no matter what life threw my way. That’s all I wanted to say…I’ll leave you to your business now. I apologize for taking up your time.” Still even though he’d said that he lingered on the watchtower. A part of him didn’t want to move. Didn’t want him to let go of the sigil…Quieting that side of himself. He slipped the loop of icons around his neck again. “Back to training once more…It’ll be worth it in the end…” A small smile of knowing that perhaps someone was watching him passed over him.

As he blinked his eyes and rose from the pew. The soft clink of his armour the only echoing noise that spread throughout the halls of the temple of all gods. A small tune then followed. One his mother had taught him but one he’d long since forgotten the words too, if he ever knew them at all.
Alexander Faircroft
A criminal, without a crime.

Words: 945306
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2016, 9:21 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Priskil

Postby Lani Stranger on November 1st, 2018, 4:45 pm

Feeling a little somber, she leaned forward on her knees, watching the candle slowly burn itself down a little more. She had been giving Aquiras his dues along her journey and once she reached Wind Reach, and she was beginning to realize she had not given Priskil her dues.

“Hey Priskil.” She watched the flame, her voice taking on a soft tune. She always felt a little more connected with her deities when she could kneel in front of her little personal shrines and just talk to them. She had much to thank Priskil for, and some things to ask of her, and at this point she hoped she could speak directly to the beautiful Goddess.

“I’ve been talking to Aquiras. I know he can’t hear me, I’m still not sure if you hear me talk to him, but I’ve been talking to him. I know you’re with him, watching over him, protecting him, and I’ll always be thankful for that. I’ll always be proud for that. But I know I’ve been dipping into your domain more and more since leaving The Spires, and once again I’m using some of your hope. However it comes to me, I’m grateful that you give it to me. I was worried I wasn’t going to make it to The Spires, and even if I don’t, I’ve got some faith for my time here. I know you’re by my side, perhaps not as literally as being beside Aquiras, but you’re my light in the darkness.” Lani jabbered, nearly whispering in the reverence she held for the Goddess. She crossed her fingers, twiddling her thumbs and looked down at them. She always asked the same think of Priskil, to lend her hope for the future and strength to see it through. But today was different. But she didn’t feel the need to ask Priskil for anything. Perhaps it was because her trust in the deity had solidified over the past few years. Perhaps she had come to understand that hope and vigilance required time to work, or practice at least. It is hard to hope without proof that it will be okay, its easier when you know you’re going to be able to handle what comes at you.

When she was ready to speak again, the mixed blood looked up as if that was where she would find an opening to the Ukalas. “I guess I’m saying thank you because I don’t have to ask you constantly for hope. I’m good now. I know the future is uncertain and my situation is dire, and I know that even if it doesn’t work out perfectly I’m going to be okay. So thank you, for, uh… me not needing to say thank you anymore.” Once the words settled, she scrunched her brow. “Which definitely doesn’t meant that I am just going cold turkey on you. I love you, Priskil, I love everything you rule over, and the wonderful parts of my life it brings, and you know I would serve you in any way you ask, in any way I can. Even if you didn’t ask, I would, I truly would. That hasn’t gone away. I wanted to check in to remind you that I’m here for you. Thank you for providing me with the light and the hope, and I’m happy to support you in any way that I can, in every way that I can.”

She sighed, relaxing into her ankles again. “Thank you, Priskil.” She said once more in finish.
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous