Solo [The Sanctuary] To Cope with a Change (Solo)

Adyel has a day to play with the children at The Sanctuary.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[The Sanctuary] To Cope with a Change (Solo)

Postby Adyel on January 18th, 2016, 7:55 pm

WInter515AV, 25th out of 92
The door to Adyels private room swung open. A small thud slapped against the wooden fracture of The Sanctuary. And slightly rattled throughout the room. Adyel awoke with a start and fell off of his bed. "Wake up, wake up. Please!" The voice of a little boy rang through the Kelvics head. He looked about the direction of the door. Tasi. The small Akontak boy came in to have woken Adyel up. What time was it? Adyel had thought. It seemed late in the afternoon, but was he really sleeping for that long? How come no one had woken him up sooner? He isn't used to this kind of change... When he lived with his mother. Liandrin would only wake him up a few bells after the sun had woken up.

"Ugh..."Adyel managed. The young Kelvic slowly stood up. "Whats the time little Tasi?"Adyel asked. Tasi smiled as she gave him a hug. "Mama wanted me to come wake you. She said you've been sleeping far to long. Come on now, lets go. Please?" The please was announced with high energy. She was eager to start the day. It seemed to Adyel that Tasi wanted to play with him. Probably when he was in his animal form? "Its a bell before noon. That is the time, Adyel do you want to play? We could draw, color, I could make you something to." The Konti's energy was a level of high extravagance. "Yes, yes we can play Tasi. What is it that you would like to do? What do you think that we should draw? Perhaps color?"Adyel asked with a yawn.

He slipped into his boots that Kavala had recently purchased for him. He also put on his robe as well. His brown hair now fluffed like a ball, he must have had slept well. Or maybe he tossed and turned a lot. But, today was a good day, so Adyel could assume. He wanted to make every chime count. And have every chime worth meaningful. The Kelvic was certain that the other kids would want to do things with him as well. Since Tasi isn't the only other child here. How long had Adyel been staying here at The Sanctuary? A few weeks already? Another season hasn't gone by yet though. And should he tell Kavala about the dream that he had had about the visit from a God? Was it, Yahal? He wasn't quite sure of how to introduce the topic.

If Adyel was going to draw with Tasi he might as well bring his drawing set with the assorted colors and all. The kit also held a few pieces of paper. A couple pieces of colored pencils. Most of them primary colours. And other unique tools as well.

"Come on come on. Please. We would be losing chimes by the tick." Tasi was definitely eager to play with Adyel. Adyel can't possibly say no to the young Akontak. His blue colored hair swerved as he shook his head about. And glowed about as well. Adyel noticed her eyes, that glowed brightly. She took his hand and they hurried off down to the study. Where it layed within the library. Adyel ran behind Tasi, with his toolkit dangling in the grasp of his hand. "Where are we heading Tasi? May I ask. That we need to be running?"Tasi slowed his eager pace. And quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry. Were just heading towards the study, where we could have time to ourselves and color the day away if needed." Tasi smiled. And released his grasp of Adyles hand. "Is it ok with you if we go?" The young Akontak asked with pleasure. Her hopes raised high to a point where Adyel could possibly say no. She gave a doggy look, when dogs would want to beg for food and other treats. Adyel sighed and quickly smiled. "Yes certainly lets go. What do you want to color first Tasi? And do you want your brothers to come and join as well. Maybe we could all draw something big for Kavala. You think she'll like it?"

Tasi faced Adyel and pondered this for a moment. Trying to process the thoughts. "Hmm." He said. Still lost in thought. "Maybe we could draw her, a picture of all of us. You can do the outlines and we could color the drawings? Or we could draw a field with our horses and us riding through the valleys. And you in your big kitty form!" Tasi exclaimed."But, first lets go get Ralac and Inadan. And see if they would like to color to. Maybe they could help you draw?!" Tasi explained.

Instead of heading towards the library, the first thing that the two would have to do would be, was to go get the Akontak twins. Whom, probably would want to color. Adyel had hoped so, he didn't mind being around Tasi. He just wanted to become good friends, perhaps step brothers throughout Adyels stay. He would probably have to make a tough choice if he decided to be bonded with one of the children here. The question was, which one would he want to bond with more deeply?

He never realized until now. That bonding with someone would be as difficult as riding a horse. He was uncertain of how long it would take for him to possibly bond with someone other then himself. In fact, he isn't fully bonded with himself either. After his mother had passed, he had felt alone. He even thought that his self conscious had left him. But, obviously its still there as he can make his own possible thoughts meaningful. The young Kelvic boy was stuck on a decision. He didn't know what to do. And also his new ability?

How would he manage to tell Kavala about that? Would he walk into her room and say, "Hey Kavala, guess what. I can walk through walls. Well, at least in dreams. Here let me show you?" Or would he have to introduce it in another way. He was anxious to discover more about this ability? Was it strange that he had it or did someone inject him with something in his sleep? And made him hallucinate walking through walls? Or was he even dreaming at that time? Was it even possible to walk through walls?

He had to show someone about his ability. But, he didn't know who he could possibly tell. Whom would he trust?

WC=1081
Adyel
Player

Words: 96562
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2015, 2:55 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adyel on January 21st, 2016, 12:27 am

The two boys walked with quick strides as they turned down to another hallway."We're almost there Adyel mamas room is just down this hallway."Tasi held on to Adyels hand with little strength as he didn't want to make Adyel feel uncomfortable around him. Adyel nearly jogged behind him. And was thinking that Tasi can run pretty fast with his little legs. Even though, he's not as tall as Adyel, but he could still run.

Footsteps echoed within The Sanctuary as the two hurried towards Kavalas room. To at least, find la'del, Ralac and Inaden, the twins. The boys that Kavala had been raising were Akalak. And it didn't bother the young Adyel. Since he figured that they'll grow up to be less aggressive then most Akalaks here within Riverfall. The Akalaks in Riverfall were pretty aggressive and he was told by his mother that they can do pretty rough things to the women who would live in this town.

Adyel also heard about what they could do to Kelvics and he wasn't sure if he could cope with that kind of activity. Some Akalaks would take the female Kelvics and breed them like some breeding tool. That's not all though. Adyel knew at least that much of the things that the aggressive Akalaks would do. Adyel knew why Akalaks wanted to breed more of their people. His mother told him that the Akalaks were trying to rebuild their race to keep it from falling to extinction.

A race that could be extinct? That was something that Adyel was curious about. How could a sub human race fall to extinction? Was that even possible? Adyel threw the thought aside as if it were some disgusting part of a meal. Like fat on a piece of stake or vegetables that some other kid won't eat. Not that Adyel wouldn't eat vegetables. One could assume that he might be a little picky when it comes to vegetables. But, otherwise he could.muster with eating most of them. He remembered now, that he had had gave his mother hard times when he didn't want to eat the mystical foods.

"Just a few more ticks Adyel. I can see the door from here."Little Tasi explained. He was eager enough to look for the two as a dog who wants a bone. Adyel trudged through, and have had been basically dragged along through this long hallway. Built with a mixture of wood and stone. "Where would you think that they might be if they aren't in Kavalas room?"Adyel asked lightly. He took a breath as the two boys had finally reached the door to the Kontis room.

The room was large. Big enough to fit more horses if The Sanctuary had ever wanted to have a need for more pens. But, most of the pens outside aren't full yet. The Kelvic figured that Kavala would still be breeding her horses. And possibly making good money off of them as well. Why would Kavala need such a large room? Adyel thought to himself. The young Adyel scanned the room as Tasi walked throughout the bedroom while he held Adyels hand.

Adyel couldn't see anyone in the room. Though, he had thought that la'del would be here. His assumption was found to be wrong. And curiosity revealed across his countenance. Adyel hadn't thought of where else the other children could be. Tasi, stopped and rubbed the top of his head with a state of confusion as well. He possibly thought that his siblings would be here as well.

"Oh, they are not here..."Tasi was near to dumbfoundness as he had just suddenly remembered where else the other children could have had gone."Maybe Ralac, Inadan and la are outside playing. Perhaps. Or possibly they might be already in the library or maybe...."Tasi's thoughts trailed off as he thought if the possibilities where his siblings could have had gone.

"Well, lets go check the library and see if they are there. Is this where they were before you had come and fetch me?"The Kelvic asked. He raised a browser as if he were curious of the subject. What had actually happend to the children? Kavala was possibly, Kavala had taken the younger children out, but, what would the probability be? How many times a week would Kavala have had taken them out?

How long would it take for Adyel to figure out the possible answer for this question? Was there a suitable estimate to solve this inquiry? Or... His thoughts were pulled away as the little Akalak boy tugged lightly on his arm. Nearly startling the Kelvic to death. "Please Adyel, they're not here could we please go now. I want to find Ralac, Inadan, and la'del. They were here just a few chimes a go. I don't remember momma being here. She did say though... "Tasi thought hard of the topic.

" Are you telling me that you remember little Tas, please tell me that you remember. I don't want to go on a goose hunt. I don't mean to be rude my friend. But, I don't know about you, I'm getting a bit... Curious."Was that the word? Curious? Or did it matter? Would Tasi have had understood him if he spoke with words that held a bit of a challenge?

Did Adyel use the proper word? Tasi raised one of his eyebrows along with his countenance that shown a bit of confusion. He looked dumbfounded towards Adyel. And Adyel had now realized that the dictation of the words the young Kelvic had spoken were a few higher levels for Tasi's intellectual interpretation of understanding. "What does the word curious mean Adyel. And we can leave now if you want. We could also check the library to."

"Ok Tasi, lets go check in at the library. Curiosity is another meaning for questioning. Or of the like. We can check the library for a dictionary as well." "Hopefully, we would find Ralac and Ladan, also. la'del. Maybe the library would have some paper as well. And we could start drawing. Unless they are already on top of the tables. I can share with you, my coloring stuff in my tool kit. But, you have to promise that you'll be careful with it."

WC=1050
Total=2131/50000

Credits go to Revali.
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Adyel on January 24th, 2016, 3:05 am

The two boys turned and headed out through the door that was the entrance into Kavalas room. Adyel was intent on finding the siblings as much as Tasi was. He seemed to have wanted to find them, anxiously he hurried himself out of the room and he nearly forgot Adyels last response. The promise... Tasi couldn't have been any happier to be with Adyel. The Akalak boy, was eager to begin coloring with the Kelvic lion. More so eager than a jack rabbit on a high level of hyperactivity.

"I promise Adyel. But I hope the Library would have some coloring stuff that can help us."Tasi smiled with his little blue face. Cute and cuddly. Adyel thought. He smiled back as he couldn't hold a straight face very well. He nearly chuckled at the sight. If he was a performer who did plays. And his role was one to deal with straight looks and expressions. He would have had possibly been fired right at that moment. But, not like he would go through with an occupation of performing.

What he would enjoy doing would be drawing and being an artist of drawing. And possibly make his own money perhaps. And he would then, know how to use the money. He smiled once again. The thought of using money bewildered him and it also felt bombastically amazing as well. And Adyel knew that he'll soon get to a point in time where he would have had plenty of opportunities to use the money that he has had earned through his career.

Tasi lead Adyel through the hallways of the under parts of The Sanctuary. They walked through a smaller hallway as the had reached the door to the library. Adyel didn't know that it was this close to her room otherwise he would've stayed in her room for the rest of the season. Reading, drawing, coloring. Playing fun indoor games with Kavala's children. Hopefully to have opportunities to play with them. He really enjoyed being around the four children here at The Sanctuary. And Adyel was gregarious enough to actually want to be around people.

Well, people who have a good understanding of what good behaviour is and how to act good as well. And Adyel couldn't quite put his finger on one thing though. How was he coping so well with these people here at The Sanctuary? Why were the people here being so nice to him? Did they have any connection between my mother? Or did they just have a good soul(s)? Oh, the possibilities ran through Adyels little head as he was pulled gently by Tasi with his little blue hand.

The Akalak boy, was cordial as one could ever be. He also expressed a lot of bombastical energy as well. And was always hyped up to some sort of energy level. He was a boy who always wanted to play and he was quite creative as well. Just like Adyel. Artistic and active. Are those the aspects in a human sub-race that the other Akalak adults are looking for? Or was it to be, strong, athletic and active? The questions slightly gave Adyel a headache and he rubbed his head as the two entered through the doors to the library.

The library was massive in size. Adyel hadn't ventured through it as of yet. Tasi was not as impressed as Adyel was. The Kelvic scanned the length of the bookshelves. Long. Long, they were. Possibly as long as they were as a ln alleway in Riverfall. Or at least half that. Kavala has a large collection of books and it had surprised Adyel no doubt.

"Adyel, I don't see them at the work tables. Maybe, Ralac and Ladan are training. Momma said that they'll grow up to be strong as a normal Akalak warrior. That's probably where they might be and la might be with mom wherever she went."Adyel smiled to Tasi as he spoke. Pondering where and what the twins would be doing and are. Or where and what la'del was and what she was doing. Would she be out cooking with Kavala? Well, la'del was definitely Kavalas little girl. And Adyel couldn't help, but smile at the thoughts of la and her little toddler like giggles and smiles.

la'del was cute. And she could make anyone laugh. Including Adyel. And la'del enjoyed playing out in the snow. And Adyel liked to be sprawled out in his animal form on the white coloured snow. It felt soft, though when melted it was obviously wet and cold. The softness of the snow was what Adyel enjoyed. Though, not when it had gotten to a point where it could chill the boy to the bone. That would be when the Kelvic would shift back to his human form.

Tasi gently grasped Adyels hand. The feeling of disappointment struck the young Akalak boy. But, he quickly recovered with hope and soon, the two boys had hurried out of the library without a second glance back at the monstrous library room."Ok, so the training room, it is then. Tasi lead the way." The two exited out of the library and had now headed toward the indorr training grounds. It seemed that this ended up being a wild goose chase after all.

WC=884
Total=3015/50,000

Credits go to Revali.
Adyel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets