[Laoi's Journal] Personal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

[Laoi's Journal] Personal

Postby Laoi on November 26th, 2010, 12:35 am

Season of Fall, Day 86, 510 AV | Age 32

I have long-since filled my previous journal and have finally gathered the coin and found a trader with just what I've been looking for: leather-bound, right thickness...right width. The paper's even lined. Perfect.

I suppose some introductory blurb would be appropriate.

It's been 5 years since I felt the "Call" and left the While Isle. That sounds so long ago...I miss my childhood years there, pleading the elders to teach me the proper application of herb pulp to a wound or how to write my name elegantly on parchment. The initial chill of vision water entering my gills. The smell of soda ash that lingered in the glassblowers' shops. Sometimes, I dream I never left the Isle, but teach the children how to crush herbs themselves, but I'm a wanderer now.

I am a pilgrim, traveling from town to town and never settling. The natives enjoy my visits, eager to hear the words of a White Seer. The children flock to me, tugging gently on the edges of my dress, asking to see the mark gifted to me by the goddess, Avalis. They have often never seen a Gnosis mark and each have to touch its beautiful discoloration, expecting it to pour out magic. I tell them that it grants me the ability to see into their hearts and see what kind of person they are. I'd then tell a little about each of the children and chuckle at the gasps and exclamations I'd receive in return. It gave me a chance to exercise my power, and I could feel it improving every new town I visited.

The adults enjoyed my visits as well, relieved at the site of a healer. I'd tend to lesser wounds that would otherwise go untreated until they became more serious. They would cautiously ask me if I could tell them about what was to come. I would quickly tell them that my gift was one of insight, not foresight. The reactions would vary from asking of what use is a Konti who can't see the future to embarrassment for asking the wrong question.

I would never stay in one place for too long. If I tried to settle, the "Call" would unsettle my soul and reignite my love for travel. There was always a need for a Konti healer somewhere.

As such, I've seen much more of Mizahar than many from my Isle. You can call it a blessing, though I miss my old home on the shore of the Lake every day I'm away. But I meet a sister every so seldom in my travels and this is enough. For even strangers among the Konti share a special bond that other races don't have.

In my travels, I have met most of the sentient races in Mizahar and am constantly amazed at how distinct each race is. The art, the culture, the religion. Each unique and so defined. The different approaches to the art of healing is of the most interest to me. I have found tomes' worth of different ways just to cover a simple scrape, some more effect and others less.

But I tire of writing. Perhaps when I find out something of value or whenever something is just tugging on my heart, I'll write again.
Laoi
Insight, not Foresight

Words: 6017
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 5:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet