Severing a Kelvic Bond

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Severing a Kelvic Bond

Postby Orin Fenix on February 24th, 2016, 7:48 pm

This might be a silly question and if it's in the lore and I just missed it I'm sorry. But is the ability of a bondmate to sever a bond something that comes with the bond itself or is it an ability that needs to be learned? Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me.
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Severing a Kelvic Bond

Postby Ixzo on February 24th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Bonds can be broken abruptly, especially the light bonds of a young Kelvic. If they are abused or neglected, often the bond will dissolve and free the Kelvic from emotional attachment. Bondmates can also sever bonds. The process is a great deal like visualizing the bond as a silver cord connecting the two individuals. To severe a bond, the bondmate will reach out mentally with a dagger or some other sort of ‘made up’ weapon and visualize in his or her mind the bond being severed. Once severed, this is often devastating to the Kelvic, especially if they bonded late and deeply. More often than not they will survive, but the emotional scars from having a bond severed will run deep.

I'm sure that a bondmate can come to their on conclusions on how to do it, either by the dissentigration when the bondmate becomes neglectful, in which case it will happen whether they do it intentionally or not. However, I'm sure if they learn, tales or gossip about it, and do it themselves.

I don't think it needs particular skill, since if a bond is not working, it will dissolve on its own.

Hehe, not sure if that was much help. :/
Ixzo
Lion of the Night

Words: 524570
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2015, 5:57 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)