Rhaus

God of Music and Bards.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Rhaus

Postby Gossamer on January 2nd, 2013, 5:21 am

Rhaus

ImageRhaus is known as the God of Music. He is sometimes referred to as The Heartbeat of Mizahar because every living heartbeat on the planet pounds in time to Rhaus’ music. It is said his music resides in all souls everywhere, living and dead. Definitely Mizahar’s original Songmaster, Rhaus’ spheres include all forms of music and to some extent poetry. Rhaus represents the divine power of inspiration and the ability to control emotions by verse and beat. Rhaus, however, is neither good nor bad holding a great many chaotic tendencies close to his heart. Heavily associated with Kihala, the Goddess of Life, and Leth the God of the Moon and more importantly Change, Rhaus considers the two his closest companions. Dira and more importantly Lhex are considered directly opposing him because Rhaus bucks tradition in all things including death and fate. He feels mortals should have the ability to create their own destinies and do whatever they love, though he demands if they love something to do it well. Having many wild adventures with Cheva, the pair has often been considered lovers if not mates for life. Rhaus revels in a good romance and has been known to appear to mortals to play for them in order to help create a bit of this atmosphere and inspire love.

Rhaus is also known for his ability to make mischief. His minions, the bards of Mizahar, roam far and wide taking shelter with anyone who will trade a comfortable bed and a meal for a nights worth of entertainment. Rhaus’ followers often carry news as well, having acted as some of the first mail carriers throughout Mizahar after the Valterrian. Rhaus’ most trusted followers, the Resonance, are secretive operatives hiding in the guises of average bards roaming the land furthering Rhaus’ will.

Rhaus himself normally appears as an eccentric older man with a noted lack of hair on his head, though he usually sports an impressive mustache. Vantha in appearance, Rhaus’ age fluctuates from very young to very old; often matching the age of those he appears too. Rhaus is very personable, approachable, and is one of those deities with a tremendous curiosity which allows him the will to appear before quite a few people yearly to converse and play. While he doesn’t exactly hide his identity, he doesn’t usually advertise who he is either.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Rhaus

Postby Calters on July 10th, 2014, 4:22 am

70th of Summer, 514 AV
After Sunset
Riverfall

Oh Rhaus, powerful God of bards, music, and all things beautiful in my dreary life, tonight I come to you with a different kind of prayer. I ask nothing of you in specific, only that you continue to bless me as you have so far have with my ocarina and my voice. Even though I am not yet the best I can be- not by a long shot- I am eternally grateful that you have given me what you have.

You've been good to me Rhaus. I feel like you don't get enough thanks for that. If I ever travel as I want to, I will spread the word of your great love and power all around me. I pray that someday you will have as many followers as Syna or Leth, and that you will be spoken of with the divine respect you deserve.

Please forgive me for all the times I have played a sour note in your name, or have made my prayers to you as though they were wishes. I understand that you are a God, and should be treated as such- not a lucky token.

I live by you, and should you ever ask anything of me I know I would do it in a heartbeat. I worship you, and should you ever come to me I will praise you as you should be praised.
Tukant-Kontinese-Common-Thoughts-Singing
Calters
When music hits you, you don't feel the pain

Words: 88993
Joined roleplay: June 26th, 2014, 4:07 pm
Race: Akvatari
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Rhaus

Postby Numia on April 8th, 2016, 6:01 am

Rhaus, I’ve learned so much in such a short time. The story I weave, it’s growing. I want to grow with it, I don’t want to let anyone down anymore, I want my story to be the one where the hero always succeeds despite the odds, but I know now that the world is so much darker than that. It’s so out of reach, as if written in half-truths that fall away to reveal lies when you stand on them. Is this what it’s like to be a hero? If it is, I don’t know if I can keep going this way, I can’t help it. I care too much.
Numia
Player

Words: 82491
Joined roleplay: January 3rd, 2016, 7:11 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Rhaus

Postby Lance Windhelm on October 26th, 2023, 6:07 am

25th of Fall, 523

Rhaus, please move my audience to your beat. Let me be a puppet in the poetry of their lives, composed by the master of it all. Bless the time I have with them, use me to enact the glory of your tones.

I realize how you inspired me over the years. How, once I picked up the flute, you caused my heart to melt. How you've open my eyes to its many utilities. Please continue to inspire me, give me what is needed to entertain the crowd as I go to work.
Lance Windhelm
Player

Words: 74164
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2023, 7:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets