Hello everyone

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello everyone

Postby Allan Wickwinter on April 25th, 2016, 5:36 pm

As unoriginal as it is, I'll just answer the questions from the sticked thread...

1. Name

My user name is my characters name, as required by the rules. Since I'd like to separate IC talk with OOC, and by no means identify with my character beyond situational contexts, I'd like not to be called by this name. Instead refer to me as "nrexplain", capitalized however, as this is the favorite of the various nicknames I've been using over my Internet life.

2. What sort of RP experience do you have if any?

I was introduced to roleplaying in early middle school, through(I'm ashamed to admit), one-liner cybersex. However, by the time the bells of high school rang, I've already been involved in sexual and non-sexual play-by-post literate roleplaying on various websites created for that purpose(roleplayerguild, gaia, houseoferos, bluemoonrp, lunar radiance, f-list...to count the most important ones). However, in time I grew out of writing sex oriented fiction-whether through the means of collaborative or traditional story writing- and never again do I intend to come back to it. Ever since graduating high school 4 years ago, my life has been very hectic and I wasn't able to write consistent replies, which resulted in frustration both on my end and my fellow rp partners. Hence, I ditched rp and instead switched to writing self contained short stories and fanfiction, often unpublished, for my own sake alone.

However, now my life is finally getting back on track, and I wish to engage in collaborative storywriting again....

3. How did you find us?

Few years ago I was looking for established rp verse such as yours. I actually discovered Mizahar several years ago, but, because of the reasons mentioned above, never attempted committing myself to this world....until now.

4. What sort of RP style is your favorite?

3rd person. 3 to 7 paragraphs per post-not a novel size, but not too short either.

5. What do you like to write about - not write about?

Well, I don't particularly enjoy writing detailed descriptions of objects and environment. Instead, I focus on character's actions, dialog and, most importantly, thoughts, feelings and internal monologue.

6. Whats your favorite thing about Mizahar so far?

I love how established the lore is. I have still so much to read and catch up to, but perhaps its better to learn by error and trial...

7. What, if anything, has frustrated you about Mizahar so far?

From casually reading other people's character sheets(in order to get a feel for what is ok to write and what not), I find myself somewhat frustrated and overwhelmed by most people's focus on aesthetics and fancy photos/pictures of their characters. No offense intended.

8. What would you like out of the mizahar experience?

I want to have fun, improve my rusty writing skills and create a memorable story of my character-the one I can be fond of, in the unforeseeable future.

9. Is there anything you'd like to see expanded?

Nothing in particular....

10. Anything else you want to talk about?

English is not my first language. Although I've been writing in this language for a long time, and I have certified fluency, I am bound to make mistakes. Please don't hesitate to point them out, I always want to improve...
Allan Wickwinter
Player

Words: 1076
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2016, 5:12 pm
Race: Human

Hello everyone

Postby Reflection on May 3rd, 2016, 4:03 pm

Hello! I'm Reflection, AS of Syliras.

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you have a good time here, I have provided some links below which will be very helpful in getting started in our wonderful world. :)

Useful Links:
-Character Sheet Templates
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill List
-Skill Guide

Should you have any questions, feel free to go to the Questions and Answers forum and post there!
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes

Hello everyone

Postby Astator on May 3rd, 2016, 4:50 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! I have a whole long drawn out post that usually accompanies my welcome posts, however... That can wait, here have some movie nostolgia for starters:

There now that that is done! Let's see what we can do for Mizahar for you? New eh?

Well I highly recommend reading the following - Starred stuff are things you better read else won't get any help. :

After becoming acquainted with the lore intimately, do not fear! There are hundreds of Helping Hands (Totally intended there) to assist you on your way to the Eternal Bog of Mizahar - You can find them in the Chat, green people are chat moderators and they are highly knowledgable and are super friendly, if they are not available for whatever reason, ask around several of the players there are vets and know a fair deal of the lore. If they do not know something, they will redirect you to someone else or try to locate the answer for you. if at anytime you see a red name in Chat they are Founders, turn to them if they are actively around and they can help you as well!

Storytellers of the varies cities that are open sometimes frequent chat in a variety of guises, if in doubt ask who runs what city private message them on the site (use the little envelope to the left underneath their name). Remember they are the founts of knowledge for a specific city, so they are helpful for that place utterly and completely. Use them!

Thank you for joining and if you need help, always ask! You can reach me by the private message icon to the left if I am not on chat.

-Astator

Which way do you want to go? Up or Down?

Attention Players, Graders, and Storytellers:

A character sheet does not require the green checkmark for the player to roleplay. This is just a notification to all that the character sheet has passed through the Liaisons thorough checklist and meets Mizahar standards.

All sheets with a large red X or a speech bubble beside their thread title do not recieve grades and cannot continue threads they are currently involved in until all issues have been fixed and verified.

She said down...

Template Credit: 'Ello!, Helping Hands and Red-X Gift codes and images are from Firenze.

Image Credit: 'Ello Worm, Helping Hands Hands, and Avatar are all from the movie Labyrinth.

I will be handling all CSL related posts on Thursdays @ 1800 my time *
Astator
Helping Hands.

Words: 101205
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 3:34 pm
Race: Staff account