Clay and Words

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on November 13th, 2015, 5:06 am

Stuff... yeah, all the stuff..

This will probably be use rarely, but it is here... Mostly for me to play with template bbc and the lovely style tag ;)
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on January 24th, 2016, 7:43 pm

A Mountain to Teardown

There are plenty off you that know me beyond this name. Some of you know my alts, some of you know my old retired alts. There are some of you that know my awful stint as a Storyteller. Some of you even know who I am moderator wise. Doesn't really matter though. This is something that has been going on and I need to get it down where I can remember it for a while, or at least get it seen by others.

I been stressed. Really stressed. Since August of last year. I took on a job prospect hoping to have my family back under the same roof and doing what I want to do for the rest of my life. It hasn't happened yet. In the time since I left home to come to Virginia I have held onto so much and it hasn't been super easy for me. My first weekend I found out my wife was pregnant with our second child. Well, we been trying, but it was still surprising... Even after all the tests we weren't sure we could have a second child, that Isabelle was going to be our one and only. Well, we did-- Excitement and joy made the first few months away bareable... Through August and into September we found at that she was possible pregnant with twins... Twins. Well... That ended pretty quickly.

My wife lost them suddenly, no real explanation for some time as the results is still fairly unclear to this day. That was the first time I left this prospect to go home for a week, it was in October, she had a DNC. It took us until December to know the full results of the biopsy though, it was not normal though. The fetus was deformed, there were tumors that grew but they weren't normal apparently... They looked like grape clusters, which the doctors said weren't normal, but they couldn't explain it. It appears that the second child started to grow, but somewhere along the lines my wife's body attacked it. What was two children became a partial molar pregnancy.

The next month I find something else out. Another earth shattering hell in what we thought was going to just be a hardship based on the loss of a child... But no, her step-mother decided to kick my wife and daughter out. No place to live. Luckily, my wife got a place to say for a bit... But that won't last much longer either. She has to be out by March 1st. -sighs-

I went home the week of Thanksgiving, not to just spend the holidays with them, but to help them pack up all our life, our memories into cardboard boxes and shove them into a metal box at a storage facility. I went back in December, for Christmas and that's when I found out the 1st of March bit. Life is not simple right now.

It was sometime in the midst of this that I picked up my moderator position and I have done a lot for the site in that place I feel. Did I do tons? No. But I did something I think. I saw a lot of shit happen in the last few months. But then again, I haven't really been all there for Mizahar.

Stress has effected how I play my characters, what they go through. I stare at threads and word documents for days, weeks... Months... And I know I have a reply there, I can see it but I can't seem to write it. In the last several months I haven't been a good thread partner. In the past week or so I haven't been a good chat moderator -- I been snappy and agitated at people and that isn't fair to them, it isn't right of me. For that I apologize to everyone.

Since October I have been on the fence of retiring Ball, however I won't, I can't. I can't just retire Ball in the middle of threads, not in his plots. I have played him for too long to just set him aside like a toy I am no longer interested with. I want to keep him running, I have this story for him that needs to finish.

I am done with this rant though, I need to step away from it and just let it sit there and do whatever it will do.

-Ball/Jake

CreditGoes to Lisana for this beautiful post template

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Nivel on January 25th, 2016, 11:26 pm

It breaks my heart to read that ball/jake, I'm sending positive vides and wishes your way. I hope you don't retire ball because he's awesome but my opinion shouldn't matter, you should write him because you want to. If you don't want to let him go many find a new goal for him, like learning the flute or exploring caves for treasure or something. The only advice I can give you for ball is to stay strong and find something to punch.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on February 29th, 2016, 1:21 am

A New Chapter in my Life: Retirement or Continuation?

As everyone knows, life always comes in cycles. In my case it is usually cycles of Stress, STRESS, and awesomeness. As most of ya'll chatters already know, I have been through a huge mound of bloody stress. It is still there, but slowly shrinking... SLOWLY. I got hired on to a company to do my career path choice for a living which is amazing! That's the awesome part about it thus far. The company has put me and coworker up rooms for the week, but after that I gotta find a place to stay... Another hotel maybe or someone's couch... We shall see. Hopefully someone will let us stay at theri places until we can get our first full paycheck.

But this is a huge new chapter in my life: My wife and daughter will be coming down around the time I will be getting my first full paycheck, so I really need to figure out housing and soon eough. Hopefully we can come to an agreement with my coworker as we wanted to and move in together -- Rent/Utilities are gonna be the tough part once that occurs though, something we all gotta get into agreement with and soon.

Then it's just removing debts and getting stable money and credit wise, find a place we can purchase and get it. Then it's the future ahead of us.

So am I retiring? Not anytime soon it seems. I might limit my time more and more though, but we shall see how that goes currently. Life has become a huge run around of confusion so we shall see.

-Jake/Ball

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Nivel on March 9th, 2016, 7:39 am

hang in there Ball/Jake/your other alts.
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on June 5th, 2016, 6:41 pm

News =O

Well it has been a few months since I have posted here. So let me get right to it!

I absolutely love Arkansas it is beautiful here! Warm, mostly been sunny. A bit rainy lately, but that is okay it's not FREEZING so I am enjoying the weather and such. Wife and daughter are here which is a huge bonus too. My weekdays are filled to the brim with coding, and analysis, and coding and meetings... Did I mention coding? If it isn't obvious, I work as a software developer. It's lovely work and I greatly enjoy it!

Good news on that end! When I started here in Arkansas I got brought onto a company that does contractual work with big massive global companies, I do work for Walmart currently. Yes THAT company. The best news: I got a referral to get a job offer. I already did the application part waiting on that and the next step before I move forward. I wasn't expecting that to happen this early, but it has and I am super stoked on that end.

My stress is still at an all time high, but that is due to debts from New York life still creeping in, but that's slowly going down... Slowly.

However, that's okay! I got Mizahar and family and stuff to help me through it all =D

Speaking of Mizahar, I would like to be as transparent as possible, if you have read the Zeltiva Common room OOC thread you will notice that I and Net are the same... Same with Astator. As stated there, I will repeat here: Please do not harass me repeatedly for things on all my accounts.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on June 30th, 2016, 7:10 pm

News Update

I start the day after the 4th of July as a Walmart Employee! Now with that said there are a few things I have to make aware to all:

1. I will be semi-active starting tomorrow evening my time (5PM CST) until I get a new laptop and such (hopefully pretty quickly, end of the following week and such). I will have my cellphone and can use the web from there, but posting and chat, not happening.
2. I will be inactive most of the day, I will try and get some time during the nights and weekends to get online and do things as often as I can. Shouldn't be too hard though if I plan it right.

You all rock! Keep on writing I shall be back quickly.

-Ball/Jake

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on September 28th, 2016, 1:03 am

Busy, Life, Mizahar

Hey all,

I know it has been sometime since I have posted here. So I figured a quick update was needed. I have been -- as the title suggests -- BUSY. Yeah it is holiday season for Walmart soon and I am being insanely busy with stuff w00T for development eh? My wife has gotten a promotion recently so I am spending more time with Izzy and being just plain awesome there.

Life has been crazy for me as a player here too. I haven't devoted nearly enough time as Ball or Spoons or Switch or Ni or etc.. You get the idea... I been busy as a CSL and an ST. Speaking of those. I have things I need to finish up for them. Stay tuned for those.

But things are going well I guess on that end. I will do my best to be more active in the near future... We shall see how well I become active.

-Jake/Ball

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on October 20th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Update

Here is an update, I am doing something a bit different than normal in this one. Please enjoy.

As promised :

That is a Monday Through Friday Schedule.

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Clay and Words

Postby Ball on November 4th, 2016, 12:21 am

Halloween Costume!

I made this all by myself! Enjoy it =D

Graders Please Note :

Thank you.

Ball

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes