Hello... and heeelp :p

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Hello... and heeelp :p

Postby Filia Thorne on December 9th, 2009, 2:27 pm

Hi everyone
I just registered - I was looking on google for a roleplaying forum, and, after some searching, came across this one. I don't really have that much experience with this kind of forum and am already impressed and a bit intimidated by the amount of information on here.
Would be really grateful for a little help in getting started :)
Filia Thorne
Player

Words: 975
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2009, 2:22 pm
Race: Human

Re: Hello... and heeelp :p

Postby Reihn on December 9th, 2009, 5:30 pm

Hey! I'm brand new here too.

Maybe we could do our first thread together (after I finish my character sheet).

I'm thinking about starting in the Falyndar Region. Reihn would love to have a companion like a Kelvic on his adventures. Not sure if you've considered a starting region yet. . .

I don't know if that helps at all but welcome anyways!
Reihn
Scholar at Heart

Words: 6366
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2009, 11:22 pm
Race: Jamoura
Character sheet

Postby Abashai on December 9th, 2009, 6:03 pm

Greetings Filia and welcome!

I understand where you are coming from, I was there only a few months ago. Don't worry, getting into play is not as difficult as you may thing....and well worth it.

On the home page in the left hand column is a starting guide. That will help get you started.
You can post questions in the questions and answer forum:
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/questions-and-answers-f38.html

Truth is, eevryone here is super friendly and willing to help. You can poke your head in chat too. Anyone with a colored name should be able to help. I'm guessing a staff mod like Gossamer will greet you as well with some tips to get started.

I look forward to seeing you in play! Though I am not on staff, I would be glad to help you too. Feel free to PM me if you want.
Abashai
There are winds I am compelled to follow...

Words: 391987
Joined roleplay: August 25th, 2009, 4:12 pm
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 9th, 2009, 6:56 pm

Hello Filia!

Welcome and well met. First things first, relax! No one is going to laugh or think your silly or even remotely do anything but help you out until you find your feet. The standard new player drill is to read a lot of the wiki including the Starting Guide and Starting Package Pages... the skill guide helps a lot too. Then go read about all the races, all the regions, and then look around to see where all the people are playing...

Then normally they pop into chat, ask a whole lot of specific questions (or ask them here!), and then work on their Character Sheet, which is mandatory to produce (though all the artistic flair isn't required... it's just a place to express yourself!) before or soon after you start playing... thats where you track your skills, threads, coin, etc. It's your baby to birth and maintain!

Why don't you tell us more about yourself, what you like to play around with, and what sort of experience you have? Then, tell us a bit about what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience, and we'll do our best to show you the way to a PC that really works for you.

Be forewarned, we've only been open a few months (since August) so there are gaps in the Wiki, but you can request stuff to be fleshed out immediately if you have an interest (we're finishing things on the basis of who needs them most first). However, we'll be around a long long time... my last project was a 17 year stint, and I expect Mizahar to be at least around that long. I really hope that you'll join us for the ride. :)
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Tarot on December 10th, 2009, 8:33 pm

Welcome to Mizahar, Filia. We're here to answer any questions! :)
Tarot's thread tickets: sold out. Not accepting any more threads for the time being unless I promised you one. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Tarot
May you live in interesting times

Words: 766317
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:29 pm
Blog: View Blog (11)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Being Tarot Award (1)
O RLY Decoration (1)

Postby Filia Thorne on December 11th, 2009, 12:34 pm

So far, the only kind of roleplaying I've done was in pc games (Fallout 3 for example), Harry Potter roleplaying forums (long time ago) and, recently and unfortunately only once, pen and paper roleplaying with some friends of mine.
I'm not quite sure what I would like to get out of this yet - first of all, I'd like to do some roleplaying :p :p
Seriously though, so far I've had one character I played for a longer time, I think it was someone rather evil, seductive and stuff like that.
Filia Thorne
Player

Words: 975
Joined roleplay: December 9th, 2009, 2:22 pm
Race: Human