Beginning of a Great Adventure [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Viera Rhysis on November 28th, 2010, 2:55 pm

TimeStamp - 51 Fall of 510AV

I suppose this was the time to learn the structure of the city, as he hadn't know what on earth the city was called, back when he was a child.

Was this deemed a fresh start? A new leaf?

Viera would found taking a general stroll down a path way, looking at his reflection in the waters, before it had been corrupt by the passing of a canoe, Viera had shook his head in dismay, before looking up at the sky, same as usual. Grey and dull; He had realised he came to where he travelling too. His home. His place of warmth, which had been kindly lent to him by the priest that taught him everything that he knew about Glyphing and Reimancy, he pushed open the door, knowing for a fact it was already unlocked. Born in a barn as they always say.

The inside was quite, tacky, broken pieces of wood, and burn marks in the floor, where he had been practising his own work, yet most of the time, well...Sometimes he managed to produce himself. Nothing out of something. The smell was quite musky in the air, something that was obviously going to happen. Viera wasnt house trained. As he turned bak to look at the door, he shrugged his shoulders and kicked it closed with the heel of his shoe. Then sitting down on the floor, to take his weapon of his back, laying it onto the floor, with a large clank, due to the metals density and heavyness.

Viera layed back to look at the fabricated wood cieling. Deciding on what to do next. He didn't have enough money to go anywhere, nice, nor did he know enough people to join a form of cult.

He was up to the top of insanity with the amount of bordem he was going through, so he thought up a plan. Lets get outside of Ravok! Viera shot up, opening his door once again, and stepping out into the daylight of the city. He turned, and thought for a second. A change in scenery...So a change in ways. he reached into his pocket, grabbing out a silver plated key, and he locked the door, for the first time. In well. ever.

He looked on towards something new "Oh wait...Wont I need my weapon? Or should I just go out virtually naked.." he laughed to himself for a moment. Before unlocking the door, and rushing in to get it, his feet making a loudish sound on the floor. He grabbed up his Scimitar and ran out, not locking the door.

As he looked out onto the seeming large river, he smiled and sighed to himself.

Viera Rhysis
The Crystals Orphan

Words: 2891
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 12:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Dashel on November 29th, 2010, 10:59 pm

51st of fall, 510AV

As Dash got off the ferry, he was astonished. When he first heard of the "island city" Ravok, he thought it was simply built on an island. Now, he could see it was actually a large assortment of buildings built on water. If they were built with foundations deep in the ground, or on shallow water, he couldn't tell, but he knew it was amazing.
The people and buildings themselves on the docks were far less amazing though. The buildings were simple and somber, if floating buildings can be called simple anyway. The people themselves were pretty nondescript too. Most were wearing dull clothes of dark shades, and more then a few seemed unhappy.
The poor district. Thought Dashel.
Amongst the poor were a few who obviously weren't. They were dressed in dark, almost black armor, and carried wicked-looking weapons on their sides.
The Stryfe. Dashels mind spat the word. They were going to complicate his plans alright. The Ebonstryfe soldiers obviously had the look of seasoned men, not the cowardly and corrupt guards he used to see in Sunberth. Unlike those guards, who wore cloth and an expression of fear, the Ebonstryfe wore steel and confidence, fed by years of something akin to opression. Dashel knew they were probably fanatics, and would die before they let anyone who stole something from the temple escape.
He hoped there would be less guards up in the richer districts and as he wanted to see the city itself anyway, he decided to get a local.
He looked around a bit and spotted his guide.
He walked trough the crowd, pushing a few people to the side while keeping one hand on his coin purse. He knew how easy it was to snatch it off someone in a crowd like this.

The man was dressed in slightly lighter clothes then most of the people on the docks, and apon closer inspection it was obviously a finer material, probably some sort of high grade cotton. Dashel touched the man on his shoulder lightly, and had already decided how to go about snagging this guide.

First, he would go by that what everyone knew about Ravok. It's people either feared or adored their God, and The Voice. Going by that, he would start by speaking highly of their God, The Voice and their city itself. Should that fail, Dash would appeal to a slightly less basic instinct then fear and love. Greed.

The man turned around and his expression was one of a person who just found a rat in place of a prized possession. Dash put on a trusting smile, and the man spoke.
"What do you want?" His voice sounded rather gruff and rude, but luckily for Dash, he spoke the Common tongue, which was one of the few languages he mastered.
"Good sir, I have traveled long and far to get to this great city. Now however, I find myself marveling at your architectural ingenuity, and I honestly cant say that I will be able to find my way to your holy temple without getting lost." Dash wanted to continue, but the man interrupted him here.
"Cut the bull and get to the point." The man sounded a bit alarmed, and Dash noticed he was looking over Dash's shoulder, right at the men in the black armor making their way to the other side of the docks.
"Very well sir. It would seem that I find myself in need of a guide, and as you seem to be in possession of a water-traversing vessel used in this city, and seem to be a local of the middle class, you are unlikely to send me off to a slaver district to earn a quick pay. Should you be one of those who wishes for quick money anyway, I can provide some help with these goods, offer you a pay of 60 silver miza's, and even agree not to tell the guards about your goods." Said Dashel, grinning. The mans eyes quickly turned to greed when he mentioned slavers, then his face showed more greed at the pay, followed by an instant paling of the face and a show of fear at the implied threat.
"Very well, get in." Said the man after a few seconds of thinking.
Dash simply smiled at the man, picked up one of the mans boxes still standing on the shore, and put it down inside the small boat. Then he sat down near the front himself, and they were on their way along the canals.
"Where do you want me to take you?" Asked the man when they were out of earshot of the crowded docks.
"Oh I don't know, perhaps you can show me some of the cities finer architecture, a small trip around the merchants and nobles district with a stop at the blacksmith, and then to the temple? Ofcourse we can unload your cargo on the way, we wouldn't want the Sun to find out now would we?"
The man glared and nodded, and sent them on ahead.
Dashel just watched in awe at the beautiful structures and the people walking along the roads and over the bridges.
Dashel
Player

Words: 6333
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2010, 12:12 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet