[Verified by Astator] Argos Frostfawn

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Argos Frostfawn

Postby Argos on May 30th, 2016, 12:51 am

Argos Frostfawn

Appearance

Race: Vantha
Birthday: 13, Winter, 599.
Birthplace: Frostfawn Hold, Avanthal
Height: 5’10
Weight: 140 lbs.

Appearance: His hair a solid black with a shimmer of white like the first frost of winter, it is apparent that Argos is a child born of cold. Though he may not cut a most imposing figure like his hardier kin, what with his tall and lanky frame and lopsided grin, one would be remiss to ignore the whisper of danger that trails at the edges of his ever-shifting eyes. Yes, behind the slightly too large ears and beyond the scraggly facial hair which frames his face, just the hint of madness creeps out the devil-may-care smile frozen to his face. Argos carries himself in much of the same manner, hiding his peculiarities behind a stolid wall of inauspiciousness, but always allowing a pinch of eccentricity leak out into his stride.

Argos clothing is kept practical, but perhaps lighter than what is considered normal in Avanthal. Thoroughly enjoying the bite of and chill of his homeland’s air, he can usually be spotted in a fur-lined, dark blue woolen jacket, sturdy brown leather boots, and a pair of black wool pants.

As a Vantha born in Avanthal, Argos bears the Ice Reaving gnosis proudly. The pale blue snowflake is etched onto the top of his hand and Argos finds himself rubbing it in times of distress.

Eye Moods :
Ice Blue: Neutral/Content
Purple: Curious/Excited
Orange: Jealous/Ambitious
Yellow: Afraid
Green: Joyful
White: Angry

Character Concept

Likes: Making Mischief, Laughter, the Cold, the Northern Wastes, Building.
Dislikes: Bullies, Seriousness, Boredom, Authority.

Merits: Creative, Adaptable, Lighthearted, Charming
Flaws: Ambitious, Deceitful, Childish, Jealous.

Argos is like a ship lost at sea in the midst of a storm. He knows his heading, where he should end up as a Frostfawn, but he feels the tides of fate pulling him far from that course. He can at times feel isolated, like an "other" among his hold and family, but he hides this loneliness under a mask of mirth. Argos loves playing the part of the trickster and the fool, because in those moments he can forget about the darker feeling which writhe and roil under his skin.

A curious and creative type, Argos enjoys experimentation on both an academic and social level. He will willingly play the devil's advocate just to explore an idea, or might try a new style of architecture just to see if it can endure Avanthal's unique environment.

However, ever since the Sweet Whispers sang to him, something in Argos has shifted. He feels more compelled to push himself beyond what limits have been placed in front of him, and has been less accomadating to traditions which he feels holds him back. Argos also has developed a bit of a jealous streak to him, reacting with dissent and protest when he feel something is owed to him and he is denied it. Argos, does however, tend to hide this well, but if one where to look close enough, that dash of madness can certainly be spotted.

Character History

Firstborn of his family but his father's least favorite child, Argos has never felt he has received what he is owed in life. Lacking the strength of his brother and the beauty of his sister, the young Vantha grew up feeling out of place in his own Hold. He never felt the wild call of nature that his brother and father seemed to revel in, nor did he inherit the Frostfawn's vaunted physical prowess. No, Argos was his mother's child through and through, an Iceglaze flash-frozen into the traditions of Frostfawn. Instead of picking up the spear like so many other boys his age, Argos felt himself drawn to more mystical and academic aspects of life. Against his father's wishes, his mother indulged Argos' curiosity, teaching him skills learned her life in Iceglaze and initiating him in Reimancy once he came of age.

Life continued in this pattern for most of Argos' adolescence, him disappointing his father and his mother serving as a constant wellspring of support. He learned basic survival techniques to appease his parents, but continued to practice his magic in the dead of night and away from prying eyes. His talent for the arcane grew quickly, as too did his ambitions. After years of finding himself inadequate at the arts his family, his hold clung to, he finally had something that was all his own. So he practiced and he trained his Reimancy, desperately trying to prove his worth. Soon small, twisting structures of ice appeared overnight in Frostfawn Hold, adding an eerie sense of artistry to the otherwise utilitarian architecture. The structures increased in scale and size, and it didn't take long for Argos' mother to figure out that her son was attempting to do to much far too quickly. In the chill of darkness, she found her son pushing his Djed far beyond his capabilities and lost in the Sweet Whispers. Luckily, Argos' mother managed to talk her son down, but not before both he and she had payed the costs for his ambition.

His lost a hand to frostbite, and some would whisper that she was the luckier of the pair. After the event, Argos was...changed. The quiet, somber child who couldn't quite find his place became louder, more cunning, and prone to episodes of madness. His father had tried to keep it quiet, but rumors thrive in Avanthal and Argos' condition soon became an open secret. For years, the boy struggled to center himself; to tame the icy whispers that beckoned him to again summon wind and snow for no other reason than to feel powerful. His father stopped speaking to him, abandoned him to his inane ramblings, and it was only by his mother's support and Morwen's grace that Argos recovered with most of his sanity intact.

His father still doesn't speak to him, his siblings distant themselves, he can never quite forgive himself for hurting his mother, and in those cold, lonlely moments, he can still hear the whispers, but finally, at the age of 17 Argos has begun to heal.

Language

Fluent Language: Vani
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Reimancy (Water, Air) 26 (SP) 26 Competent
Wilderness Survival (Tundra) 10 (SP) 10 Novice
Carving 10 (RB) 10 Novice
Architecture 9 (SP) 9 Novice
Persuasion 5 (SP) 5 Novice

Lores
Lore of Religion: Morwen
Lore of Reimancy: Ice Paramagic

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Bone)
-Brush (Bone)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Puzzle Box

A heirloom left to him by his mother's father, this small metal puzzle box bears engravings in a language unknown to Argos. He has yet to figure out how to open the small device, but he enjoys idly tinkering with the object in rare dull or calm moments.

Housing

House: 1 basic 20x20 Arvinta in Frostfawn Hold with a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and small table.

Each Arvinta consists of a communal meeting or sitting room. Then there are private rooms for couples, and a common sleeping/living room for all the children. Visitors are often given a private room, while a couple will move in with the children to make extra room. Some of the larger, more expansive Holds with wealthier families have spare rooms in their Arvinta or special guest quarters when people move from place to place visiting. Holds often have common areas and craft cottages in buildings attached and are always made of solid stone. External buildings are often built from ice and warmed from within by special braziers that conduct heat into the room but do not melt the thick ice walls. A Hold may contain multiple Arvintas and might hold upwards of a couple hundred people.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!
Last edited by Argos on June 5th, 2016, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Argos
Just a pinch of madness

Words: 9438
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Argos Frostfawn

Postby Argos on June 1st, 2016, 11:03 am

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Argos Frostfawn, a pleasure to meet you.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No, just Argos will do.
3. How old are you? Seventeen. Doesn't seem too long ago that I was a child, but time is funny like that.
4. What is your height? "Five feet ten inches of harebrained schemes and whimsy," as my sister so eloquently put.
5. What is your weight? I believe I measure around 140 lbs. last time I checked.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself. Skinny and unconventionally attractive.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you. Skinny and unconventional. Mostly the last one.
3. What is your favorite body feature? I'm quite fond of my smile. It took quite a while to figure out the right balance of smug and playful to put in it.
4. How physically fit are you? Not nearly as well as I should be for a Frostfawn.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Lighter than most in Avanthal. I tend to keep it simple though.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? Josef and Helena Frostfawn. My father is...stubborn in his view of the world. We don't agree on much, or even talk that often anymore. My mother, however, is a saint.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes, one of each. Nema, the brother, and Ceres, the sister.
3. What is your extended family like? Quiet. I don't see much of the Iceglaze side of my family anymore, and my father's side and I never had much to talk about.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Less important. As much as they can annoy me, I would never place anyone above my family.
5. Do you treat animals like family? No, not particularly. The rest of my family does however.

2. Where do you live now? Again, Avanthal. Haven't had a chance to do much traveling, much less moving.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? I'd like to try living in the Spires. All that knowledge and wisdom, I could lose myself their.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? Mirror Lake. If you come at the right time of night, the place is quiet enough and the stars shimmer in such a way that everything else seems to melt away.
5. Where do you fear to be? Six feet under with a grave overtop my head. I've got quite a lot of living left to do, and I don't intend on stopping anytime soon.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) I'm not as athletic as I should be, and there was a...dark period of my life where I was mentally unstable. That's over now though. I'm better.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Lefty.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Fluent in Vani, but my Common could use some work. According to the few traders I've talked to, yes I do have an accent.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Well, not to my mind. However, my brother says I rub my reimancy scars when I'm nervous.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Not as of yet, and no plans to.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Architect, hopefully.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I enjoy it. Building things, especially with ice, it's...uniquely satisfying.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? Demigod. All the divine power and worship with none of the responsibility. But, if we're talking about realistic prospects here, I figure I would settle for Professional Reimancer.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why? Priests. They offer solace to whomever needs it, whenever they need it. Consistently compassionate, a rare enough trait to merit praise.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?Cobblers. Just look at the name of their profession! And people call me ridiculous.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? It depends on who you ask. My father will say I was an uncooperative brat. My mother will say I was an uncooperative angel. Believe who you will.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood? The first time I reimanced. Creating water, seemingly from nothing, the feeling is incomparable.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? The time I overgave when I was thirteen. I got cocky, and I made a mistake.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? Complicated.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? My mother. As I said before, she is a saintly woman. I aspire to be even half as great a human as she is.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? Specialized. I know the basics; reading, writing, basic numbers, and that sort of stuff. Beyond that, I'm fairly focused into reimancy and architecture.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I enjoy it well enough, but I lack the attention span for dedicated study.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? My mother taught me the basics, but most of what I know is from experimentation.
4. How do you learn best? Hands on.
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Further my knowledge of reimancy and architecture until I either find success or get bored.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? Some. I haven't really had a chance recently. I've been a bit of a recluse the last few years.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? Haven't really had the chance to find out.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? I'm not quite sure, to be honest. I've been a bit too busy to experiment.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. No.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Again, no.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Not really. Issues of instability, remember? Alcohol wouldn't really help that, I'd imagine.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? Sorry, not really my preference.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?...I'll just refer you to my previous answers.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No, I haven't.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. They're fine for others. It's not for me, however.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?Building, Reimancy, and general mischief.
2. Do you like to read? Sometimes. When the mood strikes me.
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Cobblers. Pompous little pricks. In all seriousness however, close-mindedness vexes me particularly well.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Creating with reimancy. Something about it just clears my mind.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why? My interests. They're not exactly normal for a Frostfawn, and most of my family doesn't approve.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Purple, actually.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Night. The stars here in Avanthal shine brighter than anywhere else, or so I've been told.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen? Morwen's Champion breaking up the see ice. That much raw power, that absolute control of one's abilities, it really is amazing.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat? I've a fondness for rabbit, and I'm somewhat against seaweed.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you? Call me crazy, and many do, but I love snowstorms. Hearing the roar of the wind, the crash and shift of ice under its unrelenting pressure, there's nothing else like it.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? I like to think of myself as a realist.
2. What are your religious views? I favor Morwen most of all the gods and goddesses, but I imagine that's normal for a Vantha.
3. Would you be able to kill?...Yes.
4. What are your views on sex? I'm sure people enjoy it. It's not my priority, but I couldn't care less with what gender one enjoys it with.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life? I'll let you know once I find out.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done? Hurting my mother, and overcoming the mental fallout of that action.
2. What is your greatest regret? Again, hurting my mother. You really are insistent, aren't you?
3. What is your best/worst memory? My sister and I were getting supplies from the market, and she, being the lovable idiot she is, decided to lick one of the metal spearheads we had bought. The look on her face when she realized she couldn't get it off...needless to say I was too busy laughing to help her unfreeze herself.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Making my mother lose a hand. No one should have to suffer for their son's mistakes.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?Picking myself up out of madness.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? It depends on the individual.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices? Well, cobblers are a group of right pricks, but besides that? Nothing really springs to mind.
3. What makes you happy? Making someone laugh or my work being the cause of wonder.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? My mother and my sister. They deserve all the happiness in the world.
5. What makes you angry?Rejection.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Well enough, I suppose.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? I know I have said this a lot, but my mother. She picked me up when I was at my lowest.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? Again, my mother. For the reason I just stated.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.No I don't. And if I were to pick a match, I suppose the most important thing for them to be would be caring. I couldn't marry someone who was callous.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and whyI'll give you three guesses as to the person I would pick.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Argue. I have an opinion and a voice, might as well put them to good use.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No, not unless forced to.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? Not especially. I'm more of a "one on one" type of person.
4. Do you care what others think of you? A little, yes. Too stubborn to change though.
5. What do you think of others, in general? They're fine enough. Sorry, but a vague question begets a vague answer.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person? Adaptability. Given enough time and the right angle, I can overcome anything.
2. What is your greatest weakness? Vindictiveness. I can hold a grudge for a long time before letting go, and it has at times blinded me.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? A bit of a mix, honestly. Extrovert if I had to pick one.
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Messy. Cluttered living space means active mind, after all.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Morwen. She protects us when no other would. We are her people before anyone else, and I am no exception.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any? Rhysol. All that power and no responsibility. Terrifying.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Yes, one. I was marked with Morwen's gnosis when I was born.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity? I would die for her, if asked and if for an end I believed in.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?I am faithful, but I am never unquestioning. I could never do something without knowing the reason behind it.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for? Being the cause of someone's smile.
2. What is the best part of life? The laughter. Without it, there's not much living for.
3. What is the best part of death? Couldn't tell you. I've never tried it, and don't plan on dying anytime soon.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die? Doing something world-changing. Die a legend, and you never truly die.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death? For never compromising my values for what someone else wanted for me.
Argos
Just a pinch of madness

Words: 9438
Joined roleplay: May 28th, 2016, 2:37 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets