Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Silwyn on November 30th, 2010, 3:38 pm

44 of Fall, Year 510 AV

Silwyn was rather excited, she had finally finished her latest piece of work, and was just getting ready to go drop it off to an acquaintance of hers who worked as a seamstress.

Silwyn patted the cotton cloth she had just dyed, just to be certain that it had dried off completely, and the color wouldn't run on the way over, or drip out across the floor, and dye things not intended to be dyed. It was.

Silwyn smiled at her latest masterpiece- a mixture of all her favorite fall colors, blended together, yet, not so much so where it seemed like a tie-dyed mess, or one big splotch of brown, which happened sometimes when you were trying to make colored lines, but weren't careful enough, or perhaps, skilled enough.

No, the cloth had bands of all of her favorite fall colors- interspersed together, and woven into a web that would remind anyone that looked at it of the colorful autumn leaves that they so rarely got to enjoy up in Mt. Skyinarta, well, certainly if they weren't eagle riders.

The cloth had various shades of red- from crimson to ruby, and oranges, and yellows, as well as browns to even things out. To Silwyn, she couldn't have done a better job.

More than happy to have finished, and be able to deliver her work, Silwyn carefully folded the cloth in her arms, walked out the door to her apartment, and walked down a few narrow passageways in the direction of her acquaintance's work place.

While she was walking, she hummed a tune that reminded her of the way Anhasha used to when she was working. The thought sent a short pain through her heart, but it was gone as soon as it had come.

As she continued walking, she heard something approaching her from behind. It sounded like footsteps. They were coming quickly, it was as though someone was in a hurry.

Silwyn glanced over her left shoulder, and saw a young boy of maybe 9 years of age approaching her. His red hair was short, but flying around his head with the momentum built up in his run. His yellow eyes were open, intent on something, but she wasn't sure what.

As he caught up to her, he reached out his little hands and yanked the cloth out of her hands, and then continued running ahead of her. "Hey!" Silwyn called after him, as she started to run after him. "Give that back!"

But the boy was surprisingly quick, and was easily lost in a crowd of other inarta who were coming down the passageway in the opposite direction in which she was running.

Great, I lost him, she thought to herself. Not willing to break down and cry and make a fool of herself, she simply stood, wondering what to do, she needed that cloth so that she could deliver it to her friend, TODAY, the other woman was expecting it. Now what? she thought to herself.
Silwyn

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Aaliyah on December 1st, 2010, 1:30 am

Aleia was walking through the mountain's various passageways, making her way to the kitchens. She had just gotten back from a long hunt, and her stomach was rumbling uncontrollably.

"That's annoying," she said out loud to no one in particular, as she pushed through a number of other inartas, wishing that they could all just temporarily disappear so that she could get to the kitchens faster. All she wanted to do was get something to eat, and to perhaps pick up a snack for her eagle, she must be hungry too.

On the way to the kitchens, she spotted a woman simply standing around. The woman was only a little shorter than her, and like every other inarta, or so it seemed, she had fiery red hair and pale skin. Giving her a quick glance, Aleia determined that the woman was an avora, her hands were dyed various shades of red, and brown. I'd take it she's a natural dyer, Aleia thought to herself.

Frustrated with the fact that the woman wasn't working, she stopped in front of her. "Shouldn't you be doing something?" she said with a sneer. Her eyes continually sizing the woman up. Certainly the woman was of a lower rank, and couldn't do anything to her.

Aaliyah
Foxy

Words: 4909
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 12:35 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 1st, 2010, 2:22 am

"Shouldn't you be doing something?" a mysterious red-headed woman said as she stopped in front of her. Silwyn looked up at the woman, she was maybe an inch taller than she was. She had icy blue eyes.

Silwyn stammered, "I was just... um..." this woman made her nervous, her face flashed red, and she ran her hands through her long red hair. "I was on my way to give my finished cloth to a seamstress, as promised, when some little boy came and stole it from me. I chased after him, but I lost him in the crowd, and now I don't know what to do, since I don't have time to make another one, and have to get that cloth to the seamstress."

Silwyn shifted uncomfortably from her right foot to her left foot and bit her bottom lip. My this woman is irritating, she thought to herself, couldn't she just mind her own damn business? It's not like they could do anything about it anyway. The kid had made off with her cloth, it was that simple, unless he had a sudden and unexpected change of heart, she wasn't getting it back.
Silwyn

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Aaliyah on December 1st, 2010, 2:37 am

"I was just... um..." the avora stammered.

"You were just, what?" Aleia asked, as rudely as she could, her foot tapping on the floor, growing impatient with the girl, who was now turning red, and running a hand through her hair.

"I was on my way to give my finished cloth to a seamstress, as promised, when some little boy came and stole it from me. I chased after him, but I lost him in the crowd, and now I don't know what to do, since I don't have time to make another one, and have to get that cloth to the seamstress," the avora finished.

Aleia's eyes narrowed. "You honestly expect me to believe that?" she asked as another few inarta passed them in what seemed to be a hurry.

Just then, a little boy, of about 9 years of age passed by, holding a cloth in colors similar to those that stained the avora's skin. "That him?" Aleia asked as she gestured over her shoulder.

Perhaps the boy heard her, or perhaps he was simply in a hurry, but he was definitely out of sight within what seemed to be mere seconds.
Aaliyah
Foxy

Words: 4909
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 12:35 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Silwyn on December 1st, 2010, 2:55 am

"You honestly expect me to believe that?" the other woman asked her. Silwyn simply nodded.

Just then the other woman pointed out the little boy who had stolen her cloth and asked, "that him?" Silwyn stood on tip-toe to get a good look at him, and was pissed when the other women simply asked her, instead of stepping aside just in case the kid was her evil-cloth-stealing-youth, which it was, so that she could get at him.

"Yeah, that's him," Silwyn muttered under her breath. She felt like such an idiot. Who in all of Wind Reach gets successfully robbed by a nine-year-old, she does! Oh, and on delivery day no less, and he got away, again!

Silly little bugger is a quick one, she thought to herself. "So, now do you believe me?" she asked the other woman.
Silwyn

Kids Will Be Kids (Open)

Postby Dreamcatcher on December 1st, 2010, 3:00 am

Moderator Note: I am stopping this thread till Aleia's Character sheet is approved to play as an Endal. I currently see no information on her eagle and have not seen a ticket submitted for approval. Please stop posting till an AS or DS gives you approval to play.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office