Placeholder The Untold Story

Summer Job Thread: One

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Untold Story

Postby Brocton Firestone on June 19th, 2016, 9:26 pm

First of Summer: 6th Bell, morning.

"There it was. The Great Elk." Said grandfather Julae as the family gathered round a campfire that was centered within the Adan Pavillion.

Grandfather Julae was fairly old. Old enough to be on his last life even. It was rough, but itbwws true. His hair was whitened, like frost. Brocton sat opposite of his grandfather. His mother and father sat beside him on both sides. De'anu, sat groggily, she rubbed sleep from her eyes and focused her attention to her son. "You've been busy, lately Brocton. You should stay. Listen to your grandfather's stories. Oh, what fun you can have."

She yawned her last word as she looked back over at Broc's grandfather.

Titus, was sitting crossed legged, he was playing around with his knife and watching at the same time. He looked like a natural, with his twirling the blade thingy. Brocton considered getting a new dagger at hand, but he was unsure if he should by things for himself. When he needs to buy fro his family.

"There were three of us." Said Julae soothingly, but ecstatically. "We were low on arrows. Jif, he had an injured leg. So we were just about down to the two of us, Kline and I. We were half dragging, half helping Jif across the Sea of Grass. It wasn't so hard. Jif and Kline are brothers. So they'd rather stick together. The Strider's were with us, but they were exhausted already from the few days run. Then, we saw it."

Brocton looked around him, he heard the gasps of others. Some Kelvics and other family. The wind knipped his hair as it was a little chilly. It was the first of Summer after all. Spring is slow to sleep.

"What was it?" Asked one of the girl Kelvics in their Pavillion.

"Why, it was The Great Elk, of course."
"What did you do, next?"

Brocton Firestone
Player

Words: 100439
Joined roleplay: April 23rd, 2016, 11:20 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Untold Story

Postby Brocton Firestone on July 3rd, 2016, 4:03 am

"You've asked what we've done next? You say. I'll tell ya'. Tis the day that Kline, Jif, and myself promised each other to never forget the sight. We let it go. Unfortunately, it was the biggest Elk we've ever seen. I'm fairly sure that it still lives to this day. Jif didn't feel like going after it. He didn't have it in him. Our Strider's took us home. That was a hunt that we'll never forget and we're meant to pass it down. Generation, by generation. Really. "

So much talking from an old man. Thought Broc boringly. He stared at the ground below him as he sat crossed legged, waiting for the story to be over. He was just about ready to leave, his shoulders tensed as someones hand rested on one of them. The hand was firm. Like, his father's. The blonde looked up.

"Son, I know your getting bored of this story, but you should really cherish the memories you have with your grandfather. You know. . ." Said Titus with a weak grin over his face. His expression over his face showed of concern. Not for Brocton, so the blonde thought. But, for Julae. His grandfather. Brocton watched his father stare at him with puppy dog like eyes."Can you do that for me son?"

" Sure, dad. Anything. Really. I need to go out hunting though. Who else would support the family when they all need to tend to other tasks? Jinr'? He's not very..." He lowered to a whisper while he was looking t his dad, "helpful, you know?" Said Broc wearily, he swivelled his head to his cousin who sat on the southwest side of Brocton behind the campfire.

"Yes, true. Maybe one of the new adoptees could help you with that? I found a Kelvic that was supposedly good at hunting. Though, I haven't been told of her name, yet." Titus emphasized the her quite clearly to make Broc understand that it wouldn't be another guy that might end up like Jinr', a know it all hunter who is more stubborn than Brocton Adan himself.

"Sure dad, I can do that. Just let me gather my hunting gear and sword. I'll untie Jinx and we could set on to hunt." The blonde spoke with a weary smile over his face, wind knipped his hair and he pushed it away. Feeling annoyed. His face expressed that emotion clearly.

"Alright, son. I knew I could count on you. Just be sure to be careful out in the open. Remember to try to come back, all in one piece."Titus said gloomy. He wanted his son and those he takes responsibility for, to be careful. Always. "Yes father. I will. See you mom. I'll be back soon. Brocton waved his hand to the Kelvic girl. She had gotten the attention and sprang up immediately. Wandering over, following behind Brocton.

"I'm Brocton." He said slowly, without looking to the girl behind him. He could hear her footsteps clearly. She wore the same clothes as any Emerald Clan member would. But, her hair was done in a gorgeous way that made even Broc flush a light tint of pink and red. The girl was quiet. "Do you speak Pavi?" Said Broc curiously. The blonde stopped, and the girl bumped into him, with an oomph sound.

"Oh, sorry. What?" Asked the girl, though in the human tongue. Great, not only she can't speak Pavi, but she'll be making Brocton speak the language that the humans speak? Though, the blonde himself is currently human. He doesn't trust others fairly well. When he spoke, he made sure to translate in human. "I'm Brocton. Your name?"

"Oh, Claire. My name is Claire."Brocton nodded, he wore a smile over his face now. Finally, he was getting somewhere. Now, more development. "Good, nice go meet you. So you don't, speak of Pavi?" Asked Broc in the human tongue, his lips curled in ignorance as he wanted to ditch the girl and just go off of his own. He's not very good with people.

"No, not really. Though I have heard of it. If you need me to learn it I can try. I'm a Kelvic. I'm a hunting tiger." She said proudly. Brocton lead her to his tent, where Jinx was at; tied to a post stuck within the ground. And his hunting gear. "Good, I need to gather my stuff and we can head out."

"Let me change, first."The Kelvic allowed herself in her tent, presumably to take off her clothes. She handed them to Brocton, her clothes in hand, through the flap, but her body concealed. "Take these, will you? "Brocton shrugged and took the clothes, to stuff them inside one of the large Yvas bags that he has.

In an instant, a bright light formualted and just as quick, dissipated. Out came a tiger, with orange and black stripes. She surely was a Kelvic. Broc nodded, his shortbow in hand gripping it tightly with white knuckles he showed no fear. "Let's go then."

Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Untold Story

Postby Brocton Firestone on July 20th, 2016, 1:17 am

As Broc sat on the Yvas, while riding Jinx. He and Claire were now strolling through the Sea of Grass. An area of Mizahar that lived as long as Mizahar itself. For all Broc knew. Claire just trekked along, her paws neared against the grass as Jinx's on hooves clopped against the ground below.

"Keep a keen eye out Claire. It's dangerous out here. So be careful." Said Broc worriedly. Be didn't want to be responsible for anyone's death. He couldn't bear it if someone passes. If he could do something to prevent it, he will. No doubt.

Off in the far distance of the plain lands, sounded a howl. It was a wolf, but one doesn't mean it's the only one. There must be more. "Also, let's stray away from the wolves..." Claire snorted and shook her head as Jinx whinnied in response. She agreed as well.

Off to the west. A sound of water rushing through the plains had been exposed to Broc's hearing. "A river. Claire can you go check it out." Asked Broc as he gestured his hand to over where the river flowed. He could see the edge, but the tall grass made it challenging to see how wide the rest of it was. The tiger moved forward. She traversed across the blades of grass with speed. She came over within a few chimes. "All clear?" The blonde asked.

The tiger nodded reluctantly.

"Let's go see what we can find then."

246=WC

Total= WIP

Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Untold Story

Postby Brocton Firestone on August 2nd, 2016, 2:08 pm

It's been a few chimes. The pair was almost just only patrolling the Sea of Grass, it was then at this time when the Kelvics ears perked up and her head swivelled. Brocton halted to stand still. The tigers head jerked over to a large underbrush that was just on the opposite end of the clearing. In terms, it could mean danger, or it might mean that there might be easy prey.

"It's across the river?" Asked Brocton curiously. "We'll be safe then. If it's a wolf, if won't pose a threat to us. Your a tiger after all." Commented Broc with a nod of his head, gesturing the tiger to follow him further down the river. The tiger followed Brocton, she kept her head looking past the river from time to time.

Another few chimes had gone by.

A flock of gease flew overhead, making their little honking sounds as usual, but they were to high for Brocton to shoot at. The wind knipped at the blondes' hair. The winds were chilly and needs some getting used to. Then, the tiger whimpered. Wanting Broc to come over.

"What is it Claire?" Asked Brocton. The Kelvic gestured her head down. "Tracks..." Though, he wasn't quite sure what tracks they were. Perhaps deer tracks? Elk maybe... "Let's follow."

WC=217
TOTAL=

Brocton Firestone
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets