Open Deepwater Hole Training

Visi goes to Deepwater Hole to train, but has other things on her mind.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Deepwater Hole Training

Postby Visi on July 18th, 2016, 12:44 am

¤ 27 Summer 516AV, Noon

It was an unfamiliar path Visi set on to get to Deepwater Hole. Several times she asked Konti on her way if she was headed in the right direction. It seemed her guidance was true as each Konti said she was headed the correct way.
'I swear to Morwen if I don't get there soon I'm going to burst.'
Today, depression was winning. She spent a good portion of the morning crying, wallowing in her lonely agony. When the pit in her chest became unbearable she threw herself off the bed, put on her clothes, grabbed her sword and bag and stomped out the door. She was angry. Angry at herself for being so pitiful. Angry at Litkua for leaving her. Angry at the world for not understanding her pain. It seemed like no one could help her out of this hole.

It was ironic that she found herself at Deepwater Hole, she had just arrived, because that's what she was in. A deep, dark hole and part of her needed it. Couldn't feel without it. She had been in it so long it felt weird without it. Those moments of joy when she was training were fleeting. Now it seemed she enjoyed them less and less.

Finally at her destination she took off her backpack, she didn't go anywhere without it, and placed it off to the side. Before you got to the rocks there was a yard big enough to hold a party, that was the entrance. To the side and by the water's edge ran a trail, compacted and dusty from many feet, the ran up the side and to the top of the cliff. A trio of Konti were there, nude, and jumping from the rocks into the water below.

One was climbing out of the water, presumably having just jumped and returning to the top, and greeted Visi.
"Hello dear Vantha!" She beamed. "Would you like to join us? It's so much fun!"

"Not today." Came Visi's simple answer, without malice. She waved the longsword, "I'm training."

"Well, be careful with that thing if anyone else decides to show up. And good luck!"

Visi nodded and watched as the naked Konti ran back up the trail on the hill to the top with her friends. Something stirred inside of her at the sight of those naked women, my they were beautiful-- the Konti, but she pushed it away and focused on the sword.

The distraction the Konti brought from Visi's pain was only brief. Sure enough, like a snake coiling around its prey, the sinking feeling returned to its home inside the Vantha. She gripped her sword and took her stance, offensive.
'Clear your mind.'
In she breathed, out she breathed, in she breathed, and out she breathed. Half a chime she did this until she began to feel centered, that her mind was clear of thoughts. In the flash of an instant she struck at the air. It was moderately fast for such a large sword, tinged by her prior emotions. Taking a step forward she struck again and for a moment she saw his face. Angry, she slashed again, diagonally through the air.
"You're alone." Came a voice from inside her mind. She gritted her teeth ans changed her stance to defensive. It was half assed and not very good, but she wasn't paying attention.

'How could he do this?'
Feigning blocking, she moved the sword through the air as if someone was lashing out at her.
'Why can't I just be happy?'
"Because you're ALONE!"
The force of the word "alone" in her mind made her jump and her stance got worse, but still she kept practicing.
'He did this on purpose, he didn't want me to know he was sick so he could just leave me!'
She changed her stance back to offensive and struck at the air again. She slashed wildly at the air, no form just pure emotion, until finally she heard a POP! and her left arm locked up then went limp. She dropped the sword and clutched her shoulder, falling to her knees on the ground but careful to face away from the Konti and toward the path entrance of the Deepwater Hole. She was crying.
'Why is this happening?'

Visi
The Strong Silent Type

Words: 10832
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2016, 2:11 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets