Souvenirs of the Sea [open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Postby Trios on December 2nd, 2010, 9:24 pm

2nd of winter, 510 A.V.
OCC: Note only first person in this post, continues on in 3rd after.
All right lads! We have the whole day to get this done we’ll need… I’m not gonna lie, We’ll need as much as we can get for us to pull our little visage off, So get going! Captains also made it clear to not get your self’s killed aswell” I yelled as I lead a group of twenty men near the edge of the grasslands which overlooked the coastline where the Empty Night was anchored off of.

Each men carried some form of cutting tool and tying material. I had chosen this to be the perfect opportunity to get some swordplay into my daily life so I had unsheathed my cutlass and began to hack away at the grasslands.

Our mission was a simple one, collect as much of this tall grass as possible. It was the perfect cover to for our major operation thanks to yours truly. The only downside was that it was going to take a lot of man power to fill the hull of the brigand ship with bails upon bails of grassland.

“Stay in a tight formation and make a good amount of noise, I don’t wanna see any loss a limb to a number of nasties that live in these grasses…” I replied hacking away continuously at anything that was tall and green.

“Who made you captain!” Yelled one of the younger crewmembers as he began tying the bundles of grass which I cut into one large bundle. It was more out of annoyance than anger but it made me laugh.

“Since I got more brains and brawn than ten of you…..plus my idea so I was left to oversee it” I retorted kicking the lad into the pile of grass he had just been working on. The move was met with laughter from the others and a continued silence from the lad as he worked behind me.

The other part of the plan was to swap crews every two hours on continuous labour so to keep a good amount of people near the ship and to have fresh workers as much as possible. After the first two shifts had ended, I was in charge of this ordeal so I had to stay which I had no complaints, the crew had cut a fairly decent sliver into the grassland.

It would be a ten minute hike from the coast till the next batch of crewmates arrived so I had chosen to take that as a hint for a break in the work. Taking off my leather hat I began to wipe the sweat from the day’s work as well as attempt to remove the stray grass from the cloths. The tricky part was that the damn things seemed to be everywhere.

“Great I’ll be picking grass from my trousers for weeks now….” I sighed
Last edited by Trios on December 2nd, 2010, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Tebridiar on December 2nd, 2010, 9:35 pm

Tebridiar had ventured into the Sea of Grass again. She wasn’t as nervous of it anymore, she respected it and knew as long as she kept her wits about her, nothing would happen. But suddenly she became worried… she could hear strange noises. She crept lower in the grass, ready to bolt if the need became of it.

She crept closer, and slowly the noise got louder. It sounded like shouting… and… cutting? How strange… was there a huge battle going on? Tebridiar began to grow frightened… she didn’t want to get caught up in a fight! She burst out of the grass to take a look, ready to run.

What a strange sight.

A huge group of people, must have been around twenty, were cutting down grass for some reason… and there seemed to be a rather shouty man who appeared to be the leader. They didn’t look like they were people of the plains, or Drykas… they didn’t look like thye belonged here at all.

She called out to the group.

“Hey, you!” She yelled, as loud as she could get. “What do you think your doing? Are you even allowed to be here?"

Searching for that special one.
Tebridiar
She who Returned

Words: 108919
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Trios on December 2nd, 2010, 9:54 pm

"Witnesses, why are they’re always some kind of witness to whatever we do.." Trios sighed to himself in a quiet manner re-donning his hat so that it shrouded the top of his face from the sun.

The firm grip on his cutlass was loosened when Trios’s deep green eyes told him that he was dealing with a very young female, to old to be a child and to young to be an adult. With the threat level falling towards who gives anysort of care, the Isur spoke in his cold like manner boosted by his cold like appearance.

“Collecting some supplies, and free men don’t care where they can or cannot be” Trios stated bluntly, he really didn’t care for people he didn’t know personally and the same type of welcome was being sent towards the girl. Anouther interesting note was that though being Isur he had almost reffered to being a human, but it was most likely a result of spending so much time with human crew members.

“You should go home missy, your mother or father no less must not like you wondering in such a dangerous place as these” Trios continued turning away from the girl sheathing his weapon into his belt.
THEME
"Look to the gods then look to your hands, if your going to depend on one go with the one that is attached."
Trios
Bow to nothing, live for everything.

Words: 144086
Joined roleplay: December 1st, 2010, 1:03 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Mixcoatl on December 2nd, 2010, 10:57 pm

Moderator Intervention

All righty, here we go. I'm intervening in this thread for multiple reasons, which I shall list below.

1) Your posts are written in a first person format. As stated here, third person past tense is the only writing form accepted on Mizahar-- for storytellers and players.

2) You started with a ship and NPC crew without posting in the help desk requesting special permission. Please do so before you continue posting. If granted through the help desk, please link the Storyteller's Secrets thread provided through your Profile.

3) You're cutting down grass and harming the environment of the Sea of Grass. The Drykas have a magical warning web spread throughout the entirety of the Sea. The Stormwatch will be running you all down within an hour or two. :S

4) You took a racial bonus of +10 Ship Building, which is not the Isurian racial bonus.

5) Also, Isurians cap out at five feet tall, and weigh much, much more than a normal human.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me. Until then, please refrain from posting in this thread. <3

This post will be deleted when everything has been sorted out.

Mixcoatl
Son, I am Disappoint

Words: 44188
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 3:34 am
Race: Staff account
Office