OOC Info [Wind Reach] Annoucements

Important announcements regarding Wind Reach and its denizens. Please read and subscribe.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Wind Reach] Annoucements

Postby Emergence on August 18th, 2016, 2:17 pm

Important Announcements

Welcome to Wind Reach! As of Summer 516AV this city is open to roleplay in! Since the city is being opened so late into the Summer season there will be no calendar. Once Fall starts I will post a fantastic calendar for the city full of excitement. Please remember to consult it when timestamping.

As the new ST of Wind Reach I have a few rules of my own. The first are concerning the Endal and the Wind Eagles. Although I am not banning the creation of an Endal character, I HIGHLY recommend that a player roleplay becoming an Endal and bonding to their Wind Eagle IC, after creation. If someone decides to start off as an Endal they must get special permission from me and will be required to do a few things in order to keep that Caste upon creation. For starters I will require a moderated bonded flashback thread to be written detailing the event your player character bonded to their Wind Eagle. The flashback has to be at least 3000 words and make sense. I will grade it myself as well as approve of the story. Secondly I will require certain skills to start your character off. The PC must have a ranged weapon skill such as Longbow or Shortbow and must have the hunting skill. One of these must be competent at least, if not both. They will also require the riding skill at at least 15 points. All of these must be fulfilled as well as any other requirements for Endal PCs set forth in the Codex.

Please remember that creating and Avora OR an Endal PC to start requires my permission. I will be tougher on Endals and my only requirement for an Avora PC is that they have competent in at least one skill relating to their job they wish to have and that they include somewhere in their history an at least three year apprenticeship with a master.

Another rule that already exist is something I will be enforcing during my time moderating this city. If your character is enjoying the lavish life of an Avora, fantastic. But if your character is enjoying the spoils but showing little or no dedication to their role in the city then that character WILL be demoted at season change. However the opposite goes for any other Caste as well. If your character is a Chiet but has managed to improve on specific skills so much and perhaps even find a master, they can easily be upgraded to an Avora. Anyone wanting to change Castes must PM me. Although I, currently as an AS, cannot officially change your job, I can approve of your skills and merit to change.

Finally, I welcome the creation of a Wind Eagle Kelvic PC. This requires Help Desk permission as well as mine. I will only be allowing one Wind Eagle Kelvic PC in Wind Reach at this time. First come, first serve.

That is all for now! Please enjoy Wind Reach I am very excited to be your Storyteller for this amazing and complicated city!
Emergence
AS of Wind Reach

Words: 156715
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2016, 12:49 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emergence on August 22nd, 2016, 10:38 pm

Greetings my Wind Reach citizens! As of today I have released the Calendar of Events for the Fall 516AV season! It will be an interesting season full of racial strife and volcanic doom! Nah, I kid, though the magma will be a bit dangerous this season, so watch your step.

There are a number of events within the calendar that require additional action before roleplay. These events are designated with brackets after the event description that look as follows: [Q], [D], or [C]. Please go to this thread here to sign up for those events.

Finally, since there are currently a grand total of 0 players in Wind Reach I will wait to release the second Quest of the season. Usually I will create a minimum of two or more Quests per season and as of now there is only one. Once players begin to travel or start in the city I will look at their skills and interests and create a Quest that will interest hopefully everyone. So stay tuned. When that Quest is created and posted I will post another announcement here and it will be added to the Event Registration thread linked previously.

Finally there are eight total seasonal challenges this Fall. Some of which require another PC of a certain race, caste, etc. Again, since I have no idea who will be in Wind Reach this season it may end up being impossible for some or all players to complete a challenge. In this case I will release another substitute challenge once it becomes apparent the first is impossible. So never fear!
Emergence
AS of Wind Reach

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emergence on September 1st, 2016, 7:03 pm

Welcome to Fall 516AV!

At midnight the Wind Tower flashes a deep orange to signify that Fall has arrived in Kalea! The Inarta begin to rush to prepare for Winter, stocking up food stores, closing down Thunder Bay, but little do they know snow doesn't seem to be coming. The first day of Spring is marked with a bad sign. A Zith is seen flying by Thunder Bay. But one can't hurt right?

Everyone! Welcome to Wind Reach and welcome to Fall 516AV! I have a lot of fun things going on this season from celebration to war! Please note that I have posted a Codex. It is stickyed for easy access. Currently there is no Thunder Bay or Unforgiving Linkmap. If you would like to thread in any of those places see the linkmap in the old Players Guide. I am working to update all the locations and I'm not quite finished. As for every location in Wind Reach, refer to the Codex. I will announce when the other linkmaps have been posted.

ATTENTION NEW PLAYERS:
Please read the Players Guide. This is extremely important information that you should know! You should also read the Inarta lore and well as the Wind Reach lore. I am requiring that everyone reads these because if you don't you will not know all the information you should about where you are roleplay and that leads to sloppy writing.

ATTENTION ALL PLAYERS:
Do not forget to register for the season. Please also post in the Valintar for you Caste and job! And finally all players coming to Wind Reach from an outside place and are not migrating back in must post in the Sanikas Gates. Just a short post describing how you got to Wind Reach as well as your entrance into the city is fine. However if you wish to make this an entire threaded story, feel free to do so, but do not post it in the location. Post it in Wind Reach as a whole instead.
Emergence
AS of Wind Reach

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Emergence on September 2nd, 2016, 10:23 pm

I am one day late but as promised I have posted the first moderated event of the season! The 10th of Fall is hosting the first market day of the season in the Courtyard of the Sky. Inarta travelling merchants have returned home from a trip to Avanthal and with them brought strange unique goodies from the city of Ice. Many of the other merchants and stalls in the market are going along with this popular theme and selling ice-related items of their own. This thread is open to everyone who wants to join. Feel free to talk with any and all NPCs as well as buy anything via the price list prices or the in thread prices without moderation.
Emergence
AS of Wind Reach

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on August 12th, 2018, 9:07 pm

Welcome Solstice to Wind Reach.

And just because its going to come up a million times...

From the Endal Page in the wiki.

Endals require special permission from the Help Desk. Players will be scrutinized more closely in regards to playing in this demanding role. It is rare that players will receive pre-creation approval for play as an Endal. For pre-creation approval a PC must have both the hunting and a ranged weapon skill, one of which is in competent. They must also have at least 15 skill points dedicated to riding. This is due to the high level of skill required in the positions. Additionally they need to write a flashbakc thread of at least 3000 words describing the event of their bonding to their Wind Eagle. Those who wish to earn their Wind Eagle through threads in the domain, on the other hand, must demonstrate IC to the community that they are Endal material. All bonding threads post-creation must be moderated, no exceptions. Furthermore, individuals wishing to become Endal must actively play in Wind Reach for a minimum of one entire season.

Required Skills

Must have both Hunting and A Ranged weapon, one of which has to be Competent (26 SP or higher) Riding (Wind Eagle) = 15 SP

Other Recommended skills:

Hunting Wilderness Survival Animal Husbandry Tracking Trapping Falconry Leadership Weaponry (Archery, spearmanship, swordsmanship) Fishing

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)