PM to join [The Practice Kitchens] The Way to a Man's Heart (Epifanio)

Alek can't sleep and decides to brush up on her cooking skills. Apparently she's not alone however.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[The Practice Kitchens] The Way to a Man's Heart (Epifanio)

Postby Alekxandra Winterflame on September 10th, 2016, 1:30 am

”Well if the meat had more time to cook, we’d be lucky enough that it would fall off the bone with little or no effort. However if we want to eat this tonight we’ll have to use knives to aide us.” As Alek cleaned her own hind leg she kept an eye on Epifanio. He fared well all things considered, given it wasn’t easy cleaning a hind leg–especially with hare. The leg itself was smaller than what she was used to herself, so she had to give him credit where it was due.

”Not half bad for a newbie.” She chuckled lightly as he struggled with the apron strings. Putting her knife down she slipped behind him and got up onto her tippy toes. They were very nearly the same height, if not the same, and Alek carefully reached around his shoulders to snag the strings in his way. She pulled the strings up to his neck and looped it loosely around his neck in a bow that would be simple to undo with a firm enough tug.

”You’re doing better with the meat than the apron however.” She teased as she brushed past him and made her way across the kitchen. The bones held such flavor and she didn’t want to entirely lose their use just because they didn’t want to wait all night over a stew. She gathered up two cheesecloth from a shelving unit as well as some string and returned to her side of the table and passed him one.

”This will make sure we don’t waste anything that we couldn’t get off the bones.” Alek gathered up the bones from her portion and plopped them into the center of the cheesecloth. With practiced ease she pulled the four corners together and snagged the string before tightly tying the ends together. With the remaining meat from their combined efforts she added them both to the stew and stirred them thoroughly in before leaning back up against the wall next to the fire.

”I do suppose that’s true. If nothing else the stories make us curious for the things that are out there beyond the walls.” She did her best to hide her blush at his comment over meeting her. She rubbed the back of her hand across her left cheek, doing her best to avoid getting any of the grime clinging to her hands from getting across her face. She wasn’t entirely successful, a smudge of blood arched high across her cheekbone, but she was used to getting messy in the kitchen.

She lifted her head high as Epifanio commented that he could last longer than she thought and she struggled to keep her face from splitting into a large grin.

”You might be right about that, I’m not the best when it comes right down to the kill. However when it comes down to stalking… well I got most people beat. I can find just about anything–animal or person–even in the dark. I have some special ‘powers’” She emphasized powers with fingers, finally unable to keep the smile off her face.

”So long as anything goes of course.” Alek wiggled her eyebrows as she pushed off the wall and returned to the table. She watched closely as he continued to cut the meat, nodding in approval. Carefully, so that he wouldn’t accidentally cut himself with the knife, she nudged his shoulder with hers with a smile.

Alekxandra Winterflame
Player

Words: 109020
Joined roleplay: May 10th, 2016, 6:56 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[The Practice Kitchens] The Way to a Man's Heart (Epifanio)

Postby Shaqira on July 4th, 2017, 1:52 pm

G R A D E

A L E K X A N D R A

Click :
xp

Observation +3
Cooking +4
Socialization +3
Rhetoric +1
Flirting +2
Butchering +2
Leadership +1
Subterfuge +1
Teaching +1
Philosophy +2

lores

Alekxandra: At night is when she feels most alive
Avanthal: Winterflame Hold
Avanthal, Winterflame Hold: The Practice Kitchens
Cooking: Knowing when you’ve used too much of one flavour
Flirting: Subtle teasing
Butchering: Splitting a hare carcass
Epifanio: Of Snowsong Hold
Epifanio: Charming, flirtatious, handsome, honest
Epifanio: Plays a Gamba he named ‘Eisen’
Epifanio: A bard at The Red Diamond Tavern
Sophya: A matronly Winterflame cook
Butchering: Hare fore legs hold little meat
Leadership: Delegating minor tasks to others
Subterfuge: Disguising a blush in the heat of a fire
Cooking: Paring knife is ideal for slicing meat from bone
Teaching: Showing by example
Philosophy: One must seek their own life’s happiness, rather than wishing on stars
Stories make us curious about the world beyond
Flirting: Inviting competitive challenge

rewards

+ 1lb hare bones

E P I F A N I O

Click :
If you return to Mizahar send me a PM, or re-submit this thread to the queue, for your grades!

Shaqira
Player

Words: 12197
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2017, 8:42 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Previous