Solo Your Shield And Sword (Job)

Boy meets girl

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Your Shield And Sword (Job)

Postby Xen on October 5th, 2016, 5:36 pm

Date: FALL 68, 516 A.V.

Xen had experienced the dawn and departure of Fall many times. And he recalled the unpleasant weather being cold and windy and characterized by legions of clouds. Thus is why Xen stood in confusion and disbelief within the forest that neighbored the shoreline of Lake Ravok. He had never experienced nor seen a warm day in Fall.

Xen looked over the waters and gazed upon the city at rest, absorbing its visage into his mind and marveling at its unique circumstances. He felt like something of a strange quality lurked within the environment. But it did so in a way that was suggestive of the uncanny and nigh imperceptible which left Xen questioning his mind and senses. It was the source of the seemingly perfect balance between him and the environment: an influence beyond his understanding.

I should prepare for winter in case the weather does become cold and harsh, ” A thick coat and winter boots for the winter were the first things that manifested within Xen's mind. It pleased him greatly, along with the fact that he had the means to buy the supplies he needed. “ The future looks troublesome and promising, ” Xen said solemnly while still looking ahead. He then looked down into the water near his feet where he saw dozens of silhouettes moving. Xen observed the shadows below the surface of the water and noticed that it was a school of fingerlings swimming with some adult fish.

How nostalgic, ” Xen said monotonously. There was no anger or hatred nor fear expressed just repressed agony, loneliness, and longing. The fish reminded him of how he used to sit on Alvadas beach and watch the waves brush against the shore. And of a time when he was just a mischievous snakeling. “ Something is stalking the fish, ” Xen moved away from the lake after he saw a long, sinuous shadow approach him from the deeper portion of the water. Xen waited for the creature to rise from the water before he acted. He wanted to avoid foolishly smacking the water like an idiot and acting rashly. Xen watched as the mysterious creature breached the water's surface then laughed at the creature he assumed was dangerous.

Now thisss isss a surprise I never knew there were snakes north of Sylira,
The rust red and brown moccasin hissed; it's pitch black eyes displaying unfriendliness and aggression. The Rhysol's Viper did not trust nor like Xen being within its personal space and showed that it preferred that he departed and never lingered in its presence again.

Be calm, my kin. I do not wish to hurt you, ” Xen calmly spoke to the Rhysol Moccasin in snake-tongue, showing that he had no evil intentions. He kept his hands in sight and in front of him too so the moccasin could see them.

I can underssstand your wordsss, how? ” The Rhysol Moccasin looked at Xen while showing askance. “ We are both children of Caiyha, do you understand now? ” Xen noted the feminine tone his guest's voice carried and assumed that the serpent before him was female. “ I sssee but I ssstill don't trussst you! ” The Rhysol Moccasin bit at Xen, prompting him to step back.

Xen sighed and hoped no one saw him talking to a snake or it was going to be a long day.
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)