Vypec's Gallery

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Vypec's Gallery

Postby Vypec on January 6th, 2017, 12:47 am

So I've decided to make this scrapbook to post the art I do that has to do with Mizahar. I'be been working on some paintings of Vypec and was thinking about using one of them as the avatar image. I like the idea of using my own images for for him because it allows for more control over how he is depicted.

Incase anyone was wondering I use Procreate on the iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil to do all these images. It is great because it allows for multiple layers and many, many different brushes, pencils, and pens, all of which are very adjustable. The app also allows for a lot of different editing that I haven't explored as of right now. The first profit picture that I have been using for Vypec was one of my first paintings in Procreate, and below I am going to link some of my newer ones of Vypec.

I can't quite decide on which of these I like the most. As a Night Stalker I like the idea of the black background to represent shadows. But I also like the clash between Vypoec's purple skin and the orange background. Please help me decide!

With Procreate you can add different layers, as I said above. I was thinking about continuing with the below painting of Vypec by maybe adding a scabbard harness with his dual gladii swords (For a later version of Vypec when he has duel wielding). Criticism and comments are appreciated!

Vypec 1: Orange background.

Vypec 2: Black background.

Vypec 3: Combo background.

I was playing a lot with shadow and light on his back muscles, trying to learn the program. I don't have a lot of experience with painting, writing being my primary creative outlet, but I would like to improve and do much more Mizahar related art in the future. Currently I am working on a painting of Akajia's Night Tower in Riverfall but it might not be finished for a while since I have school and this word challenge for Vypec.
Last edited by Vypec on January 8th, 2017, 5:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vypec
Night Stalker

Words: 156592
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vypec's Gallery

Postby Vypec on January 6th, 2017, 12:47 am

Okay, so I've been practicing some shading techniques with a few of the airbrushes in Procreate and I decided to do a portrait of Wikus the Blighty. Below is a black and white I did with Procreate and a reference image of his face claim. The shading could use a bit more work but I really like how the eyes and beard turned out.

The way the hair falls was really tricky for me. There are a few different brushes I was using and the lighting didn't quite work out the way I had hoped, but didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would haha. I may make a second attempt further down the line though. Thoughts?
Last edited by Vypec on January 6th, 2017, 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vypec
Night Stalker

Words: 156592
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2016, 6:49 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Vypec's Gallery

Postby Vypec on January 6th, 2017, 12:48 am

Vypec