Myrian Questions

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Re: Myrian Questions

Postby Cayenne on December 10th, 2009, 10:04 pm

What you would likely be looking for for the maps is the Scout's Roost. The Myrians are actually pretty strict about maps, and they're freakishly up-to-date for Falyndar - they like to know everything that's going on in their region and the immediate area.

For information about the different gods, and history, you'd probably want to go to the Temple.

Both of them are widely known to the Myrians. :)
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Postby Siiri on December 13th, 2009, 6:57 am

I totally forgot to ask this before, but when the Myrians have blood sacrifices? Who or what are sacrificed, and how?

Also, according to the writeup they perform ritualized cannibalization. I understand this as "they don't just eat people for food (or fun)". I'm assuming this is what they do to conquered enemies. When do they perform it (before, during, or after battles)? Do they eat their victims live? Whole or certain body parts only? I'd like to ask for more details regarding this ritual.

Thanks!! :D
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Cayenne on December 15th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Blood sacrifices can be anything, though they're usually quite careful about what gets offered to who - they don't want to offend the god or their ancestors. For example, a cow may be slaughtered for their ancestors, or a battle to the death might be dedicated to Myri, and the blood spilled in her name.

Regarding the cannibalization, it happens whenever they get the opportunity - though it's usually after battles with their conquered enemies. The Myrians give no quarter and take no prisoners - these prisoners are usually sacrificed and then devoured. Usually, they're dead first, though more than one Myrian has forcibly ripped out the still-beating heart of their defeated enemy to eat it. There is special significance is given to the brain and the heart -- they feel that a lot of the power of their enemy comes from those organs. They have no problem eating the flesh and most of the other organs, and that what they don't eat usually goes to the tigers. Bones are kept, and used to adorn their living spaces and/or their person. Many a piece of furniture has been constructed from bone and the dried out strings of guts.
Cayenne
Jungle Queen

Words: 440090
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2009, 3:48 pm
Blog: View Blog (5)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
One Thousand Posts! (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

Previous