Jumping in feet first

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Jumping in feet first

Postby Terek Vey on February 2nd, 2017, 7:16 pm

Hello!

I've spent the last two days reading as much of the lore as I have been able to absorb (I'm less like a sponge sucking up water and more like a weak magnet getting bombarded by iron filings), and am ready to give this a try.

I'm experienced at roleplaying, but my practice has all been much more free-form (optional character sheets, no numerically-defined skills, etc), so I'm excited to try something new.

I hope to fit in and enhance the experience.
Terek Vey
Player

Words: 2177
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2017, 5:17 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Jumping in feet first

Postby Liriope on February 2nd, 2017, 7:56 pm

Hi, welcome to mizahar!

I read your character sheet and you have a well thought out character, the lore is a lot, took me ages to learn all the relevant lore.

I'd love to thread with you sometime, as I'm also in Zeltiva, so pm me if you ever want to. :) Also, I'd say to be careful as ghosts aren't very welcome in Zeltiva.

Hope to see you roleplaying soon, and I'm sure you'll fit in here.
"Emotions are the fool's leader, and the genius' pawn."
Open for threads, just pm me.
Liriope
Player

Words: 13687
Joined roleplay: December 22nd, 2016, 10:44 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Jumping in feet first

Postby Terek Vey on February 3rd, 2017, 2:08 am

Liriope wrote:

Hi, welcome to mizahar!

I read your character sheet and you have a well thought out character, the lore is a lot, took me ages to learn all the relevant lore.

I'd love to thread with you sometime, as I'm also in Zeltiva, so pm me if you ever want to. :) Also, I'd say to be careful as ghosts aren't very welcome in Zeltiva.

Hope to see you roleplaying soon, and I'm sure you'll fit in here.

If you've got an idea, I'd be happy to write with you!
Terek Vey
Player

Words: 2177
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2017, 5:17 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Jumping in feet first

Postby Azmere on February 5th, 2017, 2:48 pm

Welcome Terek!

Don't worry about the lore. I'm always learning something new or discovering something that I previously overlooked. I, too, come from an extensive background of free-form roleplaying but have fallen in love with the points system. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Don't be afraid to try new things. Also, send a PM to Net -he's the domain ST for Zeltiva. Share some ideas with him about what you want for your character's story. The staff is very helpful and it may help you assimilate easier into this awesome yet complex world.

Happy writing!
~Az
Attn: GradersObservation is maxed. Thank you for all your hard work.

where do you go when you don't know who you are?
Azmere
Seeker of the Lost

Words: 754081
Joined roleplay: October 14th, 2015, 11:57 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Jumping in feet first

Postby Reflection on February 20th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Hello! I'm Reflection, AS of Syliras.

Welcome to Mizahar! I hope you have a good time here, I have provided some links below which will be very helpful in getting started in our wonderful world. :)

Useful Links:
-Character Sheet Templates
-Starting Guide
-Starting Package
-Skill List
-Skill Guide

Should you have any questions, feel free to go to the Questions and Answers forum and post there!

P.S. Don't worry about trying to read all the lore all at once! It's easier to read as you go, chat and Q&A are good for helping point in the right direction if you can't find something.
Signature courtesy of Prophet

Reflection
Assistant Storyteller

Words: 88001
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2016, 9:19 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes