Closed Isurian Bladeworks (Aliana Hilt Terras)

Turrin heads to a weapon smith to get his weapons sharpened

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Isurian Bladeworks (Aliana Hilt Terras)

Postby Turrin on March 19th, 2017, 8:39 am

Time Stamp: 64rd of Spring, 517AV

Walking down the street, Turrin needed a blacksmith or a weapon smith because he needed his weapons sharpened. It was a simple job, but it was job that he never had to do. In Wind Reach, all he had to do was have a Dek bring his sword to Avora for sharpening, and it returned sharp. It was a privileged life in Wind Reach, and he took for granted the simplest skills like sharpening blades. Now he wasn't in the city of Wind Reach or a Endal. He needed to pay for blade sharpening and other things. It was burden on his time and his coin purse, but he was now free of the responsibilities of protecting and feeding a ungrateful city. Riverfall was the complete opposite of Wind Reach. First, he was surprised at how clean and beautiful was a it clung to the cliffs over looking the Bluevein River. Also, it seemed economically stable. In Turrin's mind, he always thought the city in the volcano was going to fall apart because of civil strife or eventually everyone will die of hunger. He loved his mother's homeland, but it was a basket case.

In Turrin's mind, Riverfall was stable as the cliff that it was built upon. However, he was just visiting the city, so he hasn't had time to see the other side of the coin yet. It was cynical to think this way, but he was a realist. Even the best looking city had a dark side even if they tried their best to hide it. As he walked down the street, he could hear the waterfall in the distance. It was a calming sound as he walked through the streets. Turrin venture into the city today was primarily business. He needed a blacksmith as long as they were competent any would do. Instead of walking aimlessly through the city, Turrin decided to stop one of the akalak pedestrian and asked in common with a smile, “Hello, I am looking for a weapon smith or a blacksmith. Do you know of any close by or in the city?”

The Akalak looked at him for a moment and said in common with a nod, “There is a blacksmithy called the Isurian Bladeworks close by. It just down the street and to your left.”

Turrin nodded to the blue man and said, “Thank you.”

The Akalak continued on his business, and so did Turrin as they walked down separate paths down the rode. The Inarta followed the directions the akalak told him, and he came to a front of a shop. The sign said Insurian Bladeworks, so he opened the door and walked inside. The front of the shop was clean, but he could still smell a hint of coal, oil, and smoke in the air. He figured it was typical smells blacksmith shop, so he just got in line behind another customer and waited his turn. As he waited his golden eyes shifted towards the swords, maces, axes, and spears that lined the walls. He wasn't interested in buying another weapon, but he still had a fascination for finely crafted weapons.
Last edited by Turrin on March 26th, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on March 20th, 2017, 2:47 am

Aliana got up and stretched rubbing her growing stomach. She had not expanded as much as many other mothers had. Though the third trimester could be felt on the young girl's body could be felt. Popping her neck, she got up and began her early morning routine of getting ready and heading to work. The mother-to-be finally got her own shop open after moving out of Avanthal and Sultros. The brush strokes slowed to a halt when the woman thought about the Vantha that had shared a night with her, protected her from their Watch, then disappeared. A slight glare formed on her face as she stared at her own reflection. Her father and mother had warned her of the Vantha people being notorious for “loving” someone for one night then leaving. But the Isurian had hoped that Epifanio would be different. The man had acted as though she meant something to him; oh the woman had indeed meant something to him alright.

“Oh well no use getting mad about it. The baby will be here soon, and the shop is just getting off the ground. No time to sit around and mope,” Aliana spoke and washed her face before getting dressed.

Once prepared for the day, the woman walked out of her apartment and locked the door. The white tank top would end up black by the end of the day because of all the soot that was used in the forge. Boot clicks sounded as she nodded to several of the akalaks that passed her. Taking out the key to her business, the dark haired woman entered building. Switching the sign around to open in the window, Aliana walked into the back and got everything on and blazing before her first set of customers entered. Looking over the raven haired woman discussed what was to be done to the blade. Promising to be ready by the end of the day, the Isur turned and began working on straightening and sharpening the blade. Putting the blade on her arm, she slowly released it and watched for several ticks to nearly a full chime. Once the girl was satisfied with the blade's balance; she went to her grindstone and sharpened the blade. Soon enough the akalak's had returned early and sat in the waiting room for the craftswoman to finish. Just as she pulled the blade away, the bell at the door rang. At first confusion hit her before sje shook it off. Walking out, she discussed payment and allowed the warrior to test the blade's balance and weight. With everything finished, she turned to the new comer.

“Yes?” Aliana asked.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras
Laziness is useless to all involved

Words: 67565
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2016, 7:16 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on March 26th, 2017, 8:24 am

When the costumer in front of him left, Turrin made his way to the counter. On the other side of the counter was a young short black haired women with a purple arm. He wondered for a moment if the arm was purple because of a tattoo, but the more the vagabond looked at it. It was not a tattoo. Turrin golden eyes immediately went to her eyes, but maybe it was a trick of the light, but the woman's skin around her face seemed to flicker slightly with silver specks. Realizing he was staring, Turrin blushed with embarrassment and apologize, “Sorry for staring, Is..” The Inarta was digging himself into a hole. He was already staring at her like a idiot, and he was to proud to ask her, her race, so he deflected with a playful flirt. It was a good way to explain his staring. He hoped. Turrin said with a dumb smile, “...it me, or does your skin shine like silver. It is quite beautiful.”

He wasn't lying. Her skin was beautiful with the silver veins running through it, but he wasn't a ladies man, so he probably sounded like a complete fool right now. He was going to add something at the end like referring to the silver like stars night sky, but he didn't want to be thrown out of her shop, so he decided to just drop it. He already made a fool of himself, so he just unhooked his talon sword and scabbard set the sword on the counter. The Inarta unhooked his kukri and scabbard, throwing ax, and put his wood-chopping ax on the counter. Turrin was already embarrassed by failure at flirting and pointed at wood-chopping ax and said simply, “This is for wood not people.”

Inwardly groaning, the warrior groaned to himself as he thought to himself, 'If she didn't think, I was idiot before. She will now...'

Turrin sighed to himself, looked at the armor on the table and asked with a nod, “How how long and much will cost to sharpen all these blades?”

The former endal was starting to feel self-conscious because he made himself look idiot from the very moment that he met the woman. He just dropped all his weapons on her counter without saying a word, and in his infinite wisdom, he told her his wood-chopping ax was for wood and not for people. She must think that he was a crazy person or worse. Than to make matters worse, he asked her the price and how long without a proper greeting. This was a horrible first impression, and he decided to try to fix it. Turrin took a deep breath and said with a wary smile, “Can I have a do-over? My name is Turrin Goldeneyes. I am looking for a blacksmith to sharpen my weapons before I continue on the Run for the rest of the year. So if I could get a estimate on the time and cost, it would be wonderful?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on March 31st, 2017, 1:34 pm

The young Isur did not look up when he first walked up that is until he started stuttering. Aliana looked at the man funny when he tried to flirt with her. The dark haired woman did well to keep her laughter hidden from the stranger. He looked like he was already having a hard time talking much less if she laughed right in his face. So few had mentioned the silver running through her veins that she had to look down at her arms for a moment. Finally the woman raised her hand to stop him from going any farther.

“Look you are handsome I will give you that but I want to clear the air immediately. You wont get a deal just for flirting with me, and the last time someone flirted with me, I ended up pregnant. So please do excuse the shortness I have right now with flirts,”Aliana stated without hesitation. She looked down at all the blades and picked up the Talon Sword first, “I do not sharpen weapons and tools until I have made sure there is no repairs to be done. Follow me with the rest.”

The young woman turned while still inspecting the blade walking to the back not giving the man any time to say no. Walking through the sliding doors the heat from the forge was welcoming. Stopping by the open coals the woman closed her eyes and focused letting her fingers run across the blade feeling for any imperfections and cracks in the weapon. Her fingers would dip ever so slightly at certain points while feeling along it. Slowly opening her eyes the woman looked back to him with one simple question.

“When did you last have repairs done to your weapons and tools?” Aliana asked.
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on April 15th, 2017, 6:58 pm

Turrin clearly noticed the short woman wasn't amused with his playful flirting. He did think she was attractive, but he wasn't the kind of man who just flirted with random girls for no good reason. Luckily she didn't realize that he wasn't really flirting. He was just trying to hide that he was rudely staring at the silver veins under her skin. She must be a race that he never met before, so he didn't want to outwardly come out and ask her. However, she thought that he was just flirting with her just to get the price down. If you knew that he was handsome enough to try it. He would have done it sooner! By the gods, he was oblivious to such things. He really needed to focus his attention to the opposite sex more and less on his training. It probably would have caused less pain with Drusilla if he realized his feelings sooner. Sad look crosses his face when he thought of her, but it quickly faded as he watched the exotic woman bring his heirloom into her shop that talon sword was his only thing left of his mother, so he needed to protect it like it was apart of the family. Scooping up the rest of his equipment, he followed the woman deeper into her forge.

The forge was stuffy with the heat of the furnace and the smell of coal in the air. The hunter saw hammers, large metal tongs, and anvil. There was other equipment that the Inarta didn't recognized, so he just focus on the blacksmith. Setting the rest of his equipment on the table, he watched the woman run her purple colored hand over the blade of talon sword. She had her eyes closed. The Inarta wasn't familiar with magic, so he just waited patiently as she studied his blade with her mind. When she asked him how long since he hand his weapon repaired. Turrin respond simply, “It has been a about two years since a blacksmith worked on my weapon. I haven't got into many battles with it during the the two years, so I thought it would be fine. Does it need to be repaired?”

Turrin was hoping that none of his weapons need repairs, but he was grateful that she found something that needed to be repaired. He didn't want to be in battle and have his weapon break. It would mean certain death for him. Talon swords aren't cheap outside of Wind Reach either. The warrior looked at the strange woman and said truthfully, “Sorry if I disrespected you earlier. I wasn't trying to get the price down by flirting either. I caught myself staring at the silver veins under your skin, and I thought that I was being rude. I never seen a human like yourself with such features.”

Turrin swallowed his pride and apologized to her. The human hoped that she would accept his apology and move on with her business. Waiting patiently, he waited for a response from his apology and the results of the analysis of his weapon. Crossing his fingers, He just hoped everything was fine with his family treasure.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Aliana Hilt Terras on May 22nd, 2017, 5:48 pm

Trained eyes looked at the man when he responded about not being in many fights since he left his home. They shifted back down to the blade, taking note of the time range; she held the blade straight out in front of her eyes to where the sharp end was down. Turning so that the blade would look darker against the light of the blaze, the woman saw the ever so slightest bend in it.

Narrowing her eyes the girl put the blade against her anvil looking for any kind of cracks or imperfections in its making. Seeing that the weapon held no imperfections in the metal she looked up at the man and explained about the slight bend. It had barely started and would be very easy to work out.

“There are no imperfections within the blade itself, that shows it was well made. However there is small bend just barely starting to form. It won't take much to get it hot and hammered out,” Aliana explained before handing it back to him, “let me check the rest of your weapons and tools.”

Grabbing a piece of charcoal and paper, the Isur took note of what needed to be done on each item. Putting each down on the anvil while taking the next from the man, she did not may him much mind at the moment. Taking the Kukri next, the woman slowly unsheathed it as well looking over it. Putting the scabbard on the anvil, she held the blade at an angle trying to find anything strange. Doodling the basic outline, the woman noted any kind of issues with it. Thankfully besides a slightly dull edge it also seemed to be in good condition.

Returning it to the cover, the Isur took the wood chopping ax down next. As she doodled the blades outline, the woman noted several small cracks within the blade towards the tip. Running her red thumb down each of the cracks, she tried to see how deep they were. Turning to the flat side of the weapon, the woman moved her hair out of the seeing it didn't go very deep. That proved there may be some hope for the weapon itself.

“There does not seem to be any cracks or bends on the Kukri. It is just extremely dull which I can fix. There is a slight bend in the Talon Sword but otherwise very well made. Your wood chopping ax has cracks in it from just normal wear and tear of use. Once I start working with it, the blade could very well break completely in half. Should that happen I will craft another with a stronger metal so it will last longer,” Aliana spoke, “you did not disrespect me. I wanted it to be very clear where I stood with those who try to wiggle my prices down.”
Languages:

Isur

Common

Vani
Aliana Hilt Terras

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes