Nomi's Paintbox (and Other Things)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Nomi's Paintbox (and Other Things)

Postby Nomi on April 12th, 2017, 5:49 pm

Nomi's Scrapbook

Hey, an OOC journal-type thing where I get to soapbox about whatever I feel like? Sign me up!

Really, though, this will mostly be a place to post my artwork. I'm an art student,
so that's what I spend the majority of my day doing... and developing a character visually helps me develop their personality, too. It's like a process of focusing my attention! There might be some other miscellaneous things - maybe if I have a particularly interesting dream, I'll record it here, or I might muse about writing, but otherwise I imagine it'll be a train to art town.

Unless I specify otherwise, all of the art I'll post here is mine.

Notes-
  • A lot of these pictures are going to be like, doodles, and therefore pretty unpolished.
  • Occasionally I draw gore or other horror-esque material. It'll never be super graphic, but if I do post any, it'll be under a spoiler box and warned about.
  • If you feel like commenting on something or adding to something I talk about, feel free to do so!
Last edited by Nomi on April 21st, 2017, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nomi
Player

Words: 24212
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2017, 10:17 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Nomi's Doodlebox (and Other Things)

Postby Nomi on April 12th, 2017, 6:01 pm

ImageImageImage

To start things off, here are some of the things I drew when I was first thinking about Nomi as a character! You can kind of see a progression of ideas - the very first picture got me a general idea of her body-type, scale patterning, and general color palette, while the second picture (and my current avatar) refined some of those ideas. I don't really like her expression, because while it's one I could see her making, it isn't... really a good first impression of her character, so I'm going to be doing up another avatar (especially now what I have a better idea of what kinds of clothing she wears.)

The third picture me working more on her expression-wise, while also figuring out how I want to handle her hair. I'd started off with doing it with kind of a wave to it, but I think I like it more where it's mostly straight and has just a little bit of waviness to the ends. (Also, I'm digging the smirk of the middle Nomi, and I'm thinking that'll end up being the expression she has in the new avatar.)
Nomi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Nomi's Doodlebox (and Other Things)

Postby Nomi on April 21st, 2017, 6:48 pm

Some of the backgrounds I've been working on in my freetime, plus some Mizahar themed warmups!
Nomi
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook