Childcare Skill?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Childcare Skill?

Postby Elin on April 18th, 2017, 5:23 pm

Hi guys!

I noticed that a few players have a childcare skill on their skeletons, but I couldn't find anything on the lore for a childcare skill
Would anybody be interested in seeing a childcare skill written up? Would you prefer it to be childcare, or something more about caring for a variety of ages (be it older or younger and whatnot), I can't quite think of the name for that
If so, is there anything in particular that you'd want included in the skill?
Exam week
Very likely to be inactive until the 27th
Sorry to everyone I'm in a thread with, but I'll be on when I need respite from studying

~
Elin
Player

Words: 97730
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2017, 4:50 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Childcare Skill?

Postby Karyk on May 18th, 2017, 12:41 am

I'd like to see a childcare skill, maybe as sort of an... I'm not sure what to call it, maybe a Meta-Skill like Wilderness Survival or Hunting, that has many other skills used to support it?

So Childcare might have things like Teaching, Cooking, Cleaning (I think I've seen this as a skill), First Aid/Medicine as well as features that are specific to itself. Professions that might have it in Miz might be like Nannies (rich places, Kenash, Ravok), Surrogates, Midwives, Nurses, etc.

Perhaps include things such as differing child rearing view points or techniques from city to city. It seems likely that a child Akalak raised in Riverfall would be raised very differently from a child human raised in Ravok.
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes