reimancy djed usage

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

reimancy djed usage

Postby Lakuer Byer on December 13th, 2010, 11:30 pm

is there any measure of how much djed can be used at different levels of reimancy, and how much djed is used by different things.

i understand it is somewhat subjective, and it takes less djed to use natural elements attracted by res than to totally create an attack from res, and that as your skill increases your djed usage is better, along with your total djed increasing, but what is someones limit?

are we talking about a novice creating 5 small spikes of earth and launching them easily without over giving? or 20? there does not seem to really be a measuring stick for such things.

could i get an idea of reasonable djed usage and limits?
Lakuer Byer
Player

Words: 19687
Joined roleplay: November 24th, 2010, 11:51 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

reimancy djed usage

Postby Stitch on December 16th, 2010, 3:49 am

I would just read the Reimancy lore entry throughly, and follow your gut. You as a person can reasonably define limits for your character's Djed usage, by just following the guidelines outlined in the article. We don't have any kind of "measuring stick" for these things, as like I mentioned before, I think the players trust each other to do the proper thing. If anything, be conservative with your Reimancy skills! Play it safe! Overgive a few times, or only cast a few earth spikes! Reflect your concerns in your character! Make him scared of casting too many spells, because he is afraid of overgiving!

As long as you are directly god-modding, and are staying within the defined limits written in the lore entry... Then you should be fine.

Hope that helps! <333
Stitch
Blind Man

Words: 498882
Joined roleplay: December 11th, 2009, 8:48 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 12
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Author (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (3) Advocate (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (2)
Thunderspork (1)

reimancy djed usage

Postby Panna Cotta on December 17th, 2010, 12:50 am

I'll agree with Stitch on that. Suffice to say that I, as one of the magically inclined mods, do check up on PCs when they submit a thread that involves playing magic. Here's my point of view.

A novice whose skill level is 0-10 (in my opinion) won't be able to make 5 earth spikes, unless those are tiny small little earth spikes. Remember that you also need to show technique, as well as caution, when using magic. If you're a beginner you'll want to practice with perfecly launching one earth spike before attempting to do two.

Remember to thoroughly read the wiki on Reimancy and Overgiving and Sweet Whispers. I would even recommend that you check up other threads that performed Reimancy so that you'll get an idea. I'll recommend some of Kamalia TImandre's posts because she demonstrates a good balance between overgiving and fighting against it.

If you think about it, a novice will be less focused and tend to make mistakes. If you dont use Reimancy in moderation you'll want it so bad that it'll hurt and might even kill off your PC :( My advice is, find a relative learning curve or level of expertise in your character and develop your magic according to that. Have a signature move! And don't move mountains if your skill is below 50 :P

Good luck!
Panna Cotta
I'm your Princess P

Words: 320216
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2010, 2:45 pm
Blog: View Blog (7)
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)